Rumour Patrick Cripps will go home to WA if Carlton miss the finals in 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Says the one eyed Carlton supporter :$
I'm guessing you'll challenge my proposition by comparing Cripps to Steele?

Although Steele had an amazing 2020 season, I feel Cripps has been more consistent across his 8 years in the system.

Sadly that means I'm still yet to find in my eyes, an inside mid better better than Cripps ;)

Lol, I listed a bunch of possible reasons why Carlton might not want to match a Cripps RFA bid.

That's a bit different to making categorical statements of fact.

there is no need to be upset dude

Comes a time where you if keep digging the hole just gets deeper.

Backtracking from I've never suggested to I didn't make categorical statements of fact might provide a clue that the hole is indeed uncomfortably deep.

And save the upset and salty cards for people who get confused by them. Dude.

Also. Adding LOL actually doesn't make your blitherings less dopey and magically transfer the dopeyness elsewhere. It just makes you look like a dope who can't embrace his inner dopeyness.

Comes a time where you if keep digging the hole just gets deeper.

Backtracking from I've never suggested to I didn't make categorical statements of fact might provide a clue that the hole is indeed uncomfortably deep.

And save the upset and salty cards for people who get confused by them. Dude.

Also. Adding LOL actually doesn't make your blitherings less dopey and magically transfer the dopeyness elsewhere. It just makes you look like a dope who can't embrace his inner dopeyness.

Keep sweating until Cripps signs my dude.

It'll be through a trade, not FA. Cripps has no interest leaving the club via FA, and will stay at Carton if a deal cant be made.

Why not? Players rarely try and screw their clubs when leaving, but if his decision is to move on after 8 years I can't see him just turning around and saying 'Yep I've decided to move back to WA, but if you can't get 10 top 10 picks I'll just not do that'. Players also don't want to gut the teams they are going to. Cripps is in his prime. He won't want to go to Freo on the back of them offloading Fyfe and Walters for draft picks because they are 30.

Prediction: Carlton will ask for a top 10 pick and Luke Ryan from Freo, Freo refuse, Cripps ultimately stays.

I predict he will re-sign before/during the season.

If he does decide to leave, there will be no amount of Carlton digging their heels in that will get him to re-sign.

If he does decide to leave, there will be no amount of Carlton digging their heels in that will get him to re-sign.

Thank god! Sherlock Holmes is on the case!

On the other hand, Adelaide thought that nabbing Gibbs for whatever they chose to offer was going to be child's play too.

EEEeeeuuuow. That didn't end well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nat Fyfe ..... everyday of the week!
Obviously can't argue with the fact that he's a two-time Brownlow medalist. However, without looking too closely at their stats Cripps averages higher across his career for disposals, clearances, tackles and contested possessions compared to Fyfe.

That equates to about 5300 draft points, which is the same as pick 1 and pick 3 combined. Seems a very fair price for arguably the best inside mid in the competition.

He doesn't need to have great line breaking or quick foot skills, because he averages 25 touches, 7 clearances, 6 tackles, 15 contested possessions and 20 pressure acts a game. That's what an inside mid needs.

As I keep saying. You are totally over valuing Cripps.

A 27 year old with maybe 3 to 4 years left in his body, if lucky.

I'd take the two picks and kids with picks 1 and 3.

Or turn pick 1 into 2 more top 10 picks and take 3 10 year players.

What pick was cCripps taken in the draft again?

Yeah there’s a case for Fyfe as a match winner. For sure. But I’d take Cripps as a better inside mid, which is what is being discussed. Several years younger as well.

and 2 Brownlows less ;) ...... and agree that Fyfe is an inside contested ball winning match winner ..... among other things

But hey Cripps is pretty good clearance player as well however unfortunately for Blues fans they have to shut their eyes when he kicks it

Always been a problem and will continue to be a problem ....... but maybe not for Carlton if the rumors are true!

He is only 25. Barely reached his prime.

His bday is next month and so he will be 27 when season 2022 is underway.
It's universally accepted he has more wear and test on him than your average player.

Top player though - if it wasnt for the TKelly trade I would hope we would be right into him but as it stands unless he nominates us then Freo would be in the prime seat (IF he is leaving).

I think he can easily make it to around 30-31, which is still 6 years away.. Don't forget, Judd was 32 when he retired and was a lot more banged up.
Pick 13. Back in the day when he was quite a chubby young lad.

Always been a problem and will continue to be a problem ....... but maybe not for Carlton if the rumors are true!
What rumours lol.

I get that he's from interstate, but all that I ever see are other supporters making assumptions and putting words in his mouth.

nlth23eu5zw21.jpg Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 7.24.24 pm.png

As I keep saying. You are totally over valuing Cripps.

I'd take the two picks and kids with picks 1 and 3.

Or turn pick 1 into 2 more top 10 picks and take 3 10 year players.

Managing and maintaining his longevity will be the key (wherever he goes). Spending more time up forward will prolong his career, though he’ll need to work on his set shot kicking.

I think he can easily make it to around 30-31, which is still 6 years away.. Don't forget, Judd was 32 when he retired and was a lot more banged up.

Pick 13. Back in the day when he was quite a chubby young lad.

If someone trades for Cripps he will be 27 at the start of season 2022 playing his 1st game for his new club.

Saying Judd was 'much more banged up' is nothing more than a guess by you.

Judd was also a much better player than Cripps. Judd had blistering speed and kicking ability.

No way is Cripps worth 4 or 5 first rounders nor pick 1 and 3. That is simply fantasy from Blues fans.

Its a moot point. No one is stupid enough to pay that. No one has those picks and Cripps will likely stay in any case.

So knowing that Cameron is worth pick 13, 15, and 20 (all which are picks between 10 and 20 ;)), you would think that Cripps would be worth another pick in that range to truly match his value.

Not such a "ridiculous statement" after all?
It is absurd.

For starters everyone knew picks outside top 10 were going to slide this year due to academy players. Those picks became 15, 18 and 25.

And GWS gave back 2 second rounders, one of which will end up inside pick 25 this year.

Yet somehow you think Cripps is worth 3 extra picks inside the top 20. 😂

It is absurd.

For starters everyone knew picks outside top 10 were going to slide this year due to academy players. Those picks became 15, 18 and 25.

And GWS gave back 2 second rounders, one of which will end up inside pick 25 this year.

Yet somehow you think Cripps is worth 3 extra picks inside the top 20. 😂

The Cameron trade worked out (on estimated value of the second rounders they got back) to the equivalent of Pick 4 or 5 from memory.

It wasn't as big a price as it seems, less than Treloar or Neale went for.

If you actually read the original post, I said that Cameron averages just over 2 goals a game across his career. In a season it's about 45 goals kicked, but I rounded it up to 50 for a whole number.

Jeremy Cameron only kicked 22 goals this year. Does that mean that Ben King who kicked 25 is better than him? No. Because one season does not define your whole career. A un-injured Cripps is the best inside mid in the competition.
An uninjured Fyfe would have at least 3 brownlows and 5 or 6 BnFs but your right Cripps is the best inside mid in the game once winning an award voted by players who don’t watch bugger all football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back