AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea i appeciate you see it that way, im just saying its not the only way to look at it.

I suppose but strongly doubt it. Certainly the premiership coach, Bec Goddard, who was commentating at the time didn't like it. And I'd doubt that Nicole Livingstone would have liked it. What it actually was is up for debate as maybe the coach just said "go and have some fun". But what it looked like isn't IMO.

I must watch the replay. At the ground, my heart sank because I thought it looked like a great tackle. 🤣 My eyesight leaves a lot to be desired.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It actually was a great tackle and wasn’t a sling tackle. The tackler just got penalised because it would have hurt!

It actually was a great tackle and wasn’t a sling tackle. The tackler just got penalised because it would have hurt!

We had a free kick given against us when the StKilda player was tackled and landed on her bum. Now unless her brain is in her colon, I don't understand what we are protecting there. When did arses become sacrosanct?

While I get your point on the dancing, didn’t Melbourne players play hide the fingers up the clacker at 3/4 time when fighting for a finals spot?

Let’s face it, the men used to smoke at halftime as recently as the eighties. Let’s just say that, for a nascent competition, dancing would, probably, be more professional.

Let’s face it, the men used to smoke at halftime as recently as the eighties. Let’s just say that, for a nascent competition, dancing would, probably, be more professional.

Better cardio at least.

As recently as 40 years ago? It wasn't a huge deal but it didn't look good.

Yes, but the competition had been running for 100 years at that stage. All I’m saying is things are going to different. Pros and cons. Right now, I’m enjoying it and that’s the main thing. It’s far more honest at this stage. That’s a huge plus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not too fussed if the clubs later into the competition struggle now or long term. They can lose as many games as they want. I just want to see North Melbourne girls win games of footy year in year out and hopefully translate that into flags.

And I don't care if the GC girls prefer to dance at quarter time, half time and three quarter time, especially when they play us. They can lose as many games as they want. I just want to see North Melbourne girls win games of footy year in year out and hopefully translate that into flags.

And I don't care if any other clubs struggle or their players prefer to dance at quarter time, half time and three quarter time, especially when they play us. They can lose as many games as they want. I just want to see North Melbourne girls win games of footy year in year out and hopefully translate that into flags.

And I don't care if the other 4 clubs still to enter the competition, if/when they get there, they struggle or their players prefer to dance at quarter time, half time and three quarter time, especially when they play us. They can lose as many games as they want. Especially *essendon. I just want to see North Melbourne girls win games of footy year in year out and hopefully translate that into flags.

And by the way, in case you missed it, I just want to see North Melbourne girls win games of footy year in year out and hopefully translate that into flags.
Go North

enjoyed this sharp dresser on the replay

unknown.png

Good to walk away with the win but that game probably shook off a bit of inflated confidence after the the round 1 rout.

Saints looked to be beating us positionally in several spots. A testimony to our team balance and structure that we prevailed in spite of this.

Thank god we were gifted so many top 10 and priority picks. Otherwise we'd have had to go out and smartly build a list with out of contract players available to everyone or underrated VFL players and later picks.

Hang on..

she is wrong because there were no gifts, any team could have made a connection with existing womens sides, any team could have elected to be connected with tassie for those benefits. We created our own connection, and they weren't giving us a team without including tasssie.
St Kilda Sharks are (were?) a pretty powerful force in the women's VFL. Were they already partnered up with an AFL affiliate or the Sainters just couldn't be bothered?

She looked very good indeed, didn't mind taking a few with her when she went up for a mark as well

I had no awareness of her until yesterday and was wondering who the hell she was.

Shierlaw, Smith and Patrikios all look to be very good players.

I wouldn't want to run into this mob in finals, despite the good margin they seemed to 'man' up against us very well. We lost a lot more 1 on 1 contests to them than I can recall on many other occasions.

St Kilda Sharks are (were?) a pretty powerful force in the women's VFL. Were they already partnered up with an AFL affiliate or the Sainters just couldn't be bothered?
They were relying on Searle's connections to bring in a heap more players than what eventuated.

Emma Kearney accepted an offer from North Melbourne. Karen Paxman rejected an offer from St Kilda.

Emma King " " " ". Lauren Pearce " " " ".

Jess Duffin " " " ". Hannah Scott " " " ".

And so on.

Good to walk away with the win but that game probably shook off a bit of inflated confidence after the the round 1 rout.

Saints looked to be beating us positionally in several spots. A testimony to our team balance and structure that we prevailed in spite of this.

Thank god we were gifted so many top 10 and priority picks. Otherwise we'd have had to go out and smartly build a list with out of contract players available to everyone or underrated VFL players and later picks.

Hang on..

Possibly. However, I think you might be selling the Saints a little short there. Their tackling in the second and third quarters was pretty full on. Ultimately, I think it came home to roost for them because we withstood the pressure and outlasted them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back