Game Day AFLW Non North Season 2021

Is that real? I remember at one point it was like 25 to 10 or something. I'd certainly believe it given what i saw.

At the ground, it was obvious that the umpires were “rewarding the tackler” more than usual. Saints led the tackle count 76-48, so got the benefit of that. That’s how they suppressed us so well in the second and third quarters.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geez Jess Bruton is a consistently good footballer. Every time I watch a game she's in everything.
She is a gun.

I was flat out yesterday so only watched bits of the game but even then ... she still made some great spoils against bigger players. That is beside everything else she does. I rate that cos it means she doesn't want to lose a contest and is capable of backing it up with actions. The way she plays is great. She is manic at the contest.

At the ground, it was obvious that the umpires were “rewarding the tackler” more than usual. Saints led the tackle count 76-48, so got the benefit of that. That’s how they suppressed us so well in the second and third quarters.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They were rewarding the St Kilda tackler. Some of the HTB decisions they got were mind blowing

Geez Jess Bruton is a consistently good footballer. Every time I watch a game she's in everything.
I thought she was our best yesterday and close to BoG. She is one of the tiniest players in the league but also one of the toughest, the amount of times she comes up against one of the oppositions taller players and brings them to ground is quite extraordinary. And her ball handling is elite which makes her exciting to watch.

They were rewarding the St Kilda tackler. Some of the HTB decisions they got were mind blowing
How do you handball under your armpit?

If I was Mulder I'd think there is a conspiracy within the AFL trying to stop NMFC from being successful in the woman's game. We've only won the free kick count once in the last season and a half, although that's probably because Viv Saad (5FF and 24FA) gets caught with the ball every second possession, but even then I don't see the opponents get treated the way she does.

Nah, Wright's started the season well. I'd go Wright for Eddey probably.
massively disagree she was average round 1 and wright was non existent round 2 with 3 touches

you go like for like and we get a big upgrade with duffin replacing her

grace campbell could come in soon too into the mid rotations floating forward

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
massively disagree she was average round 1 and wright was non existent round 2 with 3 touches

you go like for like and we get a big upgrade with duffin replacing her

grace campbell could come in soon too into the mid rotations floating forward
Just realised I meant Duffin for Eddey.

Wright's impact, like the rest of that defence, can't be measured in disposals alone. She's part of a very solid back 6 that seem to have a great understanding.

Just realised I meant Duffin for Eddey.

Wright's impact, like the rest of that defence, can't be measured in disposals alone. She's part of a very solid back 6 that seem to have a great understanding.
oh trust me i aint measuring Wright or critiquing her just on stats - its her slow to react time and not putting players into better positions that annoys me more

happened again on the weekend where one of her 3 touches literally just set us up to be tackled instead of forward movement

our structure is fine overall so if its one hbf in duff in i expect wright out, like for like

oh trust me i aint measuring Wright or critiquing her just on stats - its her slow to react time and not putting players into better positions that annoys me more

happened again on the weekend where one of her 3 touches literally just set us up to be tackled instead of forward movement

our structure is fine overall so if its one hbf in duff in i expect wright out, like for like
You're very selective in the players you criticize, you attack Wright for her disposals, but don't criticize other players the same.

For example, three of Ashmore's four handball against Geelong missed their target, yet Wright missed only one from seven, King bombed at least one certain goal and probably two in the first quarter, and Riddell, Kearney, Bruton and Garner's disposal efficiency was only around 60%, so they were missing targets as well.

And against St Kilda, the only goal they scored was because of a poor kick from Gilroy and a fumble from Riddell. And as for the bolded sentence, every player did that on the weekend, including Kearney, Riddell and Bruton. St Kilda were playing a tight, swarming game and gave us very little room to play our open, attacking style.

Wright won't be dropped, if Duffin comes in it will be for either Eddey or O'Louglin. I'd also expect Duffin to start on the bench, so our starting defense would be the same as the one that has conceded only two goals in eight quarters.

Happy you're not our coach.

You're very selective in the players you criticize, you attack Wright for her disposals, but don't criticize other players the same.

For example, three of Ashmore's four handball against Geelong missed their target, yet Wright missed only one from seven, King bombed at least one certain goal and probably two in the first quarter, and Riddell, Kearney, Bruton and Garner's disposal efficiency was only around 60%, so they were missing targets as well.

And against St Kilda, the only goal they scored was because of a poor kick from Gilroy and a fumble from Riddell. And as for the bolded sentence, every player did that on the weekend, including Kearney, Riddell and Bruton. St Kilda were playing a tight, swarming game and gave us very little room to play our open, attacking style.

Wright won't be dropped, if Duffin comes in it will be for either Eddey or O'Louglin. I'd also expect Duffin to start on the bench, so our starting defense would be the same as the one that has conceded only two goals in eight quarters.

Happy you're not our coach.
yeah you are right i am selective in the players i criticise

i criticise the poor players like Wright as I want the most talented team out there, for me she is very average ball in hand where even if not a turnover its not a productive possession and in general as i mentioned i find her slow to react

Duffin has also shown the ability to destroy teams as a forward btw. Not that we should expect so much on her return.

But the point is: If we want to include a smart player with excellent skills coming back from pregnancy, feels like this week could be the perfect time since we could line her up against the opposition's smart player with excellent skills coming back from pregnancy. Daisy has mostly just been strolling around at half-back (didn't have much impact on the weekend against Richmond, didn't have to either) and doing as she pleases since her return, teams don't make her and the shank-kicker Libby Birch accountable enough.

Melbourne's top pick from the last draft, Alyssa Bannan, kicked 2 in a minute on the weekend. Cunningham has looked a bit better this year, and Zanker continues to rise, so atm they are one of the few teams with 3 dangerous talls and the ability to get it to them regularly.

Since this is supposed to be the non North thread, I'd also like to point out the poor "decimated by expansion" Brisbane and Western Bulldogs both won on the weekend while not selecting available All-Australian players on their lists. What a luxury!

Not a bad idea TW, if Duffin returns play her up forward. It means we can replace O'Loughlin or Eddey without disrupting our midfield and defensive units which are working well together.

Back