Poll FJGD Board Awards 2020 - Poster of the Year & Most Improved

Vote for the 2020 POTY & MIMP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

FJGD Board Awards 2020
POTY and MIMP

Welcome to the FJGD Board Awards for 2020. The nominations are in and we have our list of contenders for the Poster of the Year and Most Improved Poster.

The POTY is awarded to the poster who the members of the FJGD board feel has made the most positive contribution to the board this year. This years winner will see themselves inducted into the new FJGD Hall Of Fame.

The MIMP is awarded to the poster who the members of the FJGD board feel has made the greatest improvements in areas including design, content or activity, and will join a prestigious list of previous winners.

You may vote for a maximum of two members in each category. Please do not vote for yourself, or ask others to vote for you. Voting will run for a week.

And the nominees are...

POTY.png

caloschwaby
Craegus
Dylan8
Fizzler
magpienato
Nickimus Rex
Red Crow
Spanna_
TheLoungeLizard
The Victorian

MIMP.png

BringBackTheAnchor
caloschwaby
DAT8
DiamondGuy
Fizzler
magpienato
Rubber Arm
SunsphereParker
The Victorian

Last edited:

Congrats to all on being nominated. This year was great for the FJGD and hopefully 2021 will be as well. I've got a few ideas for a possible portfolio or two, which I'll hopefully be able to finish this time. A massive thanks must go to both fancyscum and Freight Train. Without you guys I would never be able to harness the potential of Photoshop and Illustrator. Congrats to all!

Congratulations to Craegus for winning the 2020 FJGD Poster of the Year, and to BringBackTheAnchor for winning the 2020 FJGD Most Improved Poster!

Craegus, first off, very well done. This has been long deserved, so congratulations. You've been an institution of this forum since long before I ever rocked up, and you have stepped up in a big way over the past couple of years.

BringBackTheAnchor, again, well done mate. Your work through the year has been top notch, and I look forward to seeing you continue to improve and make the next step to some competition wins.

Hall of Fame entrants will be posted tomorrow night.

Congratulations to Craegus for winning the 2020 FJGD Poster of the Year

Craegus, first off, very well done. This has been long deserved, so congratulations. You've been an institution of this forum since long before I ever rocked up, and you have stepped up in a big way over the past couple of years.

Thank you, thank you all.

I want to thank all the people in this category, you are all good people, well I assume good people, you did get nominations, so I guess that makes you good people, maybe though you paid people off to nominate you, or got a sibling to do so, so if that is the case, well good on you for having a try, was it worth the money or the pestering of said sibling, well no, 'cause you didn't win, but well at least you tried.

Next, thank you FJGD for this honor, it is about bloody time, seriously giving it to Freight Train three times? Geez, the guy just cannot win something once, he has to go and win over and over again, give the rest of a go for once.

To all my fans, you know who you are ( looking at you El_Scorcho ) -- I wouldn't be here without you, well actually I would, and really I was probably here before you anyway, so well I guess either way I am here, and so are you, so thanks I guess.

This being the POTY award, I'm...going to cut to the chase and I'm going to speak to all of you, but especially the next generation of designers, okay? (MIMP nominees, I am looking at you) I accept the responsibility as your elder, so sit the f*** down and listen up, 'cause I ain't saying this s*** twice. This is what I call "Nine rules from Craegus, POTY Award winner and just outright awesome guy":

Number 1: Breathe. If you don't, you'll suffocate.

Number 2: You have ability and skills. Be careful with it 'cause we all know what the "professionals" can come up with.

Number 3: Don't be a turd, seriously we have had too many show up on here. If you're strong, be a protector, and don't lord it over others. And if you're smart, be a humble influencer, unless you are really good. Strength and intelligence can be weapons, and do not wield them against the weak, unless they totally deserve it. That makes you a bully or a legend, depending on peoples perspectives. Be bigger than that, or not, I don't care, unless you direct it at me or someone I support.

Number 4: When giving a dog medicine, put the medicine in a little piece of hamburger. They won't even know they're eating medicine. This also goes for some people, geez people can be dumb.

Number 5: Doesn't matter what it is -- earn it. A good deed. Reach out to someone in pain. Be of service. It feels good and it's good for your soul. It might also get you some extra likes.

Number 6: Design is real. Design loves you. Design wants the best for you. Believe that. I do*.

*May not 100% believe this.

Number 7: If you have to poop at a party, but you're embarrassed because you're going to stink up the bathroom, just do what I do. Lock the door. Sit down. Get all the pee out first, okay? And then once all the pee's done: Poop. Flush. Boom. You minimize the amount of time that the poop is touching the air, because if you poop first it takes you longer to pee and then you're peeing on top of it, stirring it up. The poop particles create a cloud, goes out, and then everyone in the party will know that you pooped. Just -- Just trust me -- it's science.

Number 8: Learn to Photoshop. It's easy, and it's so good for your soul, or more importantly your designs.

And finally, Number 9: Nobody is perfect, well some of us are, but we just don't say it all the time, aren't I right Freight Train? Somewhere some people are going to tell you, "You're perfect just the way you are." On here, that WILL not happen, you will certainly get told that "You're not! You are terrible, you suck, why would you do that, you just ruined the design (or competition), shut up, you totally suck and you always will". But, there is a powerful force that made people like that, the internet. And if you're willing to accept that, you will have fallen to the trolls. And trolls are a waste of space, don't feed the trolls, it is a waste of good food.

And like the freedom that we enjoy on this board that was paid for with somebody else's blood, or more likely cash for premium memberships. Do not forget it. Don't take it for granted, 'cause we will certainly make you know it if you do.

Oh and a bonus tip - remember the socks, always show the socks.

Please get home safely, unless you are already at home, then I guess go wild? I don't know, you do you.

Thank you again.

p.s. Waikato sucks.

Thank you, thank you all.

I want to thank all the people in this category, you are all good people, well I assume good people, you did get nominations, so I guess that makes you good people, maybe though you paid people off to nominate you, or got a sibling to do so, so if that is the case, well good on you for having a try, was it worth the money or the pestering of said sibling, well no, 'cause you didn't win, but well at least you tried.

Next, thank you FJGD for this honor, it is about bloody time, seriously giving it to Freight Train three times? Geez, the guy just cannot win something once, he has to go and win over and over again, give the rest of a go for once.

To all my fans, you know who you are ( looking at you El_Scorcho ) -- I wouldn't be here without you, well actually I would, and really I was probably here before you anyway, so well I guess either way I am here, and so are you, so thanks I guess.

This being the POTY award, I'm...going to cut to the chase and I'm going to speak to all of you, but especially the next generation of designers, okay? (MIMP nominees, I am looking at you) I accept the responsibility as your elder, so sit the f*** down and listen up, 'cause I ain't saying this s*** twice. This is what I call "Nine rules from Craegus, POTY Award winner and just outright awesome guy":

Number 1: Breathe. If you don't, you'll suffocate.

Number 2: You have ability and skills. Be careful with it 'cause we all know what the "professionals" can come up with.

Number 3: Don't be a turd, seriously we have had too many show up on here. If you're strong, be a protector, and don't lord it over others. And if you're smart, be a humble influencer, unless you are really good. Strength and intelligence can be weapons, and do not wield them against the weak, unless they totally deserve it. That makes you a bully or a legend, depending on peoples perspectives. Be bigger than that, or not, I don't care, unless you direct it at me or someone I support.

Number 4: When giving a dog medicine, put the medicine in a little piece of hamburger. They won't even know they're eating medicine. This also goes for some people, geez people can be dumb.

Number 5: Doesn't matter what it is -- earn it. A good deed. Reach out to someone in pain. Be of service. It feels good and it's good for your soul. It might also get you some extra likes.

Number 6: Design is real. Design loves you. Design wants the best for you. Believe that. I do*.

*May not 100% believe this.

Number 7: If you have to poop at a party, but you're embarrassed because you're going to stink up the bathroom, just do what I do. Lock the door. Sit down. Get all the pee out first, okay? And then once all the pee's done: Poop. Flush. Boom. You minimize the amount of time that the poop is touching the air, because if you poop first it takes you longer to pee and then you're peeing on top of it, stirring it up. The poop particles create a cloud, goes out, and then everyone in the party will know that you pooped. Just -- Just trust me -- it's science.

Number 8: Learn to Photoshop. It's easy, and it's so good for your soul, or more importantly your designs.

And finally, Number 9: Nobody is perfect, well some of us are, but we just don't say it all the time, aren't I right Freight Train? Somewhere some people are going to tell you, "You're perfect just the way you are." On here, that WILL not happen, you will certainly get told that "You're not! You are terrible, you suck, why would you do that, you just ruined the design (or competition), shut up, you totally suck and you always will". But, there is a powerful force that made people like that, the internet. And if you're willing to accept that, you will have fallen to the trolls. And trolls are a waste of space, don't feed the trolls, it is a waste of good food.

And like the freedom that we enjoy on this board that was paid for with somebody else's blood, or more likely cash for premium memberships. Do not forget it. Don't take it for granted, 'cause we will certainly make you know it if you do.

Oh and a bonus tip - remember the socks, always show the socks.

Please get home safely, unless you are already at home, then I guess go wild? I don't know, you do you.

Thank you again.

p.s. Waikato sucks.

TL;DR.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back