2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! 🏆 🍾

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
It’s a miss for me.
But realistically, we are a small market for F1, so the only loser here is Foxtel.
I'll be surprised if an Aus GP is a long term fixture sadly.

It’s a miss for me.
But realistically, we are a small market for F1, so the only loser here is Foxtel.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

We just had Bahrain twice to finish the season and its the same cars.

If it was the 2022 cars id be up for it, hard pass this time barring some shock qually result

Might have missed it earlier in the thread or elsewhere but is this the first time F1 has raced at the same track three times in a row?

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
They are not racing at the same track three times in a row - Bahrain was the third last and second last race in 2020 and they were completed on two different tracks.
No one said 3 times in a row but it will be the 3rd time in 4 races and im not sure how you can call the short track a different track, its literally the start and finish straights of the main track with a short s section to join them up, all the overtaking gets done into the same corners and the interesting part of the track got removed.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Recording isn't an option?
Of course.
But Monday is then spent trying to avoid all news services, even this thread, to not spoil the result.
And then waiting till the Mrs goes to bed, she’s not a fan, to watch.
Invariably it means a late night replay and a fast forward through the race.
I do try and watch the pre race show as I love the build up.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
They are not racing at the same track three times in a row - Bahrain was the third last and second last race in 2020 and they were completed on two different tracks.
Two different track I understand.
But the same backgrounds, the same track markings.....
Its hard to distinguish the layout differences when all you can see is much the same background as the week before.

No one said 3 times in a row but it will be the 3rd time in 4 races and im not sure how you can call the short track a different track, its literally the start and finish straights of the main track with a short s section to join them up, all the overtaking gets done into the same corners and the interesting part of the track got removed.

It is a different track no matter how you spin it - And the alternative track, threw up about the best F1 race of the year - It's irrelevant if Bahrain has three races in the last four, considering the situation with COVID.

Two different track I understand.
But the same backgrounds, the same track markings.....
Its hard to distinguish the layout differences when all you can see is much the same background as the week before.

Its fine in these COVID times - All sports have been compromised, so we need to accept what is offered.

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
It is a different track no matter how you spin it - And the alternative track, threw up about the best F1 race of the year - It's irrelevant if Bahrain has three races in the last four, considering the situation with COVID.
Someone crashed so it was exciting, yay! I do hope you aren't counting on Mercedes to put the tires on the wrong car next time we race there because that was the only other exciting thing that happened.

You can call it a different track if you like, won't change the fact 90% of the short track is part of the long track and all bar 1? move/incident occured on the long track.

I don't care that Bahrain has 3/4 races, my point was only ever that it won't be worth staying up until 4am to watch given you already know exactly where everyone will.finish bar the few driver changes.

Someone crashed so it was exciting, yay! I do hope you aren't counting on Mercedes to put the tires on the wrong car next time we race there because that was the only other exciting thing that happened.

You can call it a different track if you like, won't change the fact 90% of the short track is part of the long track and all bar 1? move/incident occured on the long track.

I don't care that Bahrain has 3/4 races, my point was only ever that it won't be worth staying up until 4am to watch given you already know exactly where everyone will.finish bar the few driver changes.

Who cares if you watch the race ! I am interested in seeing how much Max can take it up to the Mercedes or was the last race of 2020 an aberration.

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
Who cares if you watch the race ! I am interested in seeing how much Max can take it up to the Mercedes or was the last race of 2020 an aberration.

As much as I don't want to believe it, chances are the last race of 2020 was an aberration. As with the last few years, Merc would have stopped developing the 2020 car halfway through the season once they had both titles pretty much sewed up, so I expect the trend of previous years to continue and Merc to be .5 of a second faster than everyone else come the first race of 2021.

Fingers crossed I am wrong, but this era of Merc domination is just so boring and predictable :(

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
I am not interested in your interest, we already know merc was running a slower floor for this years regs.

As much as I don't want to believe it, chances are the last race of 2020 was an aberration. As with the last few years, Merc would have stopped developing the 2020 car halfway through the season once they had both titles pretty much sewed up, so I expect the trend of previous years to continue and Merc to be .5 of a second faster than everyone else come the first race of 2021.

Fingers crossed I am wrong, but this era of Merc domination is just so boring and predictable :(

2022 is conceivably the year of change - New technical regulations usually shake up the grid - 2021 is probably more of the same - McClaren with the new engines could be the big improvers.

Back