News Collingwood's Culture

Remove this Banner Ad

Be careful what you wish for .....everyone favors the causes they support, what about the causes you don't support ?

NEW YORK — The NBA and the National Basketball Players Association today announced that in light of the Milwaukee Bucks’ decision to not take the floor today for Game 5 against the Orlando Magic, today’s three games – Bucks vs. Magic, Houston Rockets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder and Los Angeles Lakers vs. Portland Trail Blazers – have been postponed. Game 5 of each series will be rescheduled.
If it takes nation-wide riots and civil unrest to postpone a game or two then we're probably pretty safe

So if you think its just lip service from the AFL and they arent sincere, wouldnt that be an even bigger reason to take it to the media?

Why cant you enjoy a game of footy without the political stuff anyway? Nobody is forcing you to pay attention to any of this stuff.
I do watch it and enjoy it. All I’m saying is it’s just spin and even worst than being disingenuous spin, they also monetise it. 🤢🤮
Then everyone joins in the conga line behind the leader of the lemming parade over the cliff, into the sea of “management told me to shut up and go away”.
If you can’t see how your all duped into thinking they are genuine. I can’t help you.

I do watch it and enjoy it. All I’m saying is it’s just spin and even worst than being disingenuous spin, they also monetise it. 🤢🤮
Then everyone joins in the conga line behind the leader of the lemming parade over the cliff, into the sea of “management told me to shut up and go away”.
If you can’t see how your all duped into thinking they are genuine. I can’t help you.
What cliff are the themed rounds leading us towards? What do you think is going to happen?

This is a very strange analogy.

View attachment 1053529
View attachment 1053534
View attachment 1053533
View attachment 1053532
View attachment 1053531
View attachment 1053530
View attachment 1053535

Yeah sports have never been, and never will have anything to do with political movements. This change over the next 10 years of which you speak sounds frightening.
How far have we really come. I don’t think it can be fully stopped. Even death penalties don’t stop crimes happening. Sometimes human nature is very ingrained and stubborn.

What cliff are the themed rounds leading us towards? What do you think is going to happen?

This is a very strange analogy.
No, I can’t be ****ed explaining it.
Read the story the guy from the suns shared and then think of all the wokeness the AFL sprout. Work it out yourself. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Can someone ask Sanders what were his reasons for booing Goodes (as he has me on ignore)?

His main 2 controversial games were standing up for racism - the warrior celebration & the girl incident.

I don't recall him doing anything untoward in a Crows game that made me want to boo him.
The impression I get is that he says Goodes was a dirty player, and him calling out the Collingwood girl.

The impression I get is that he says Goodes was a dirty player, and him calling out the Collingwood girl.
He certainly had his dirty moments, and he did dive a lot.

At risk of being a broken record - genuinely dirty players like Barry hall and Jordan Lewis were never booed week in week out

At risk of being a broken record - genuinely dirty players like Barry hall and Jordan Lewis were never booed week in week out
It's delusional to think that the booing didn't have anything to do with his race and his stance on his treatment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You also had guys like Andrew Gaff smashing Andrew Brayshaw's face in, Tom Jonas smashing Gaff's head from behind, Reece Conca smashing a dude on the way to the boundary, Ben Stratton pinching players incessantly, Luke Hodge attempting to kill Chad Wingard against the goal post...

A few of these incidents were booed for a few weeks and that was it. Most, especially the Hodge incident, were among the worst acts on the field in the last decade

Well i boo and cuss players..every port player every time we play them...oh and trent cotchin and the victorian umpires that screw us week in week out. But other than that no one else:cool:

You don't think there was a large element thinking: I don't care if this is perceived as being racist "Boooo" ?

I don’t think it matters.

it’s like antisemitism. There is nothing antisemitic about criticising the actions of the state of Israel or the actions of an individual. When you apply generalisations about the state of Israel or generalities of Jews as a group you are in shaky ground.

when you ascribe generalities to the individual you are flat out done, bang to rights.

no one is doing that with Adam Goodes. They are not conjoining him and anyone else, they are not assigning general tropes of race against him, they are making an individual comment about him individually and his individual actions

that he happens to be of a race, does not permit him a shield for any of his actions. Even those he believes are activism’s of his political beliefs. He is no more, no less entitled to the benefits of free speech, the limitations, the civic rights and duties of anyone else. He rightly benefits from the laws that offer minority protections, and is entitled to expect not to be vilified, victimised purely on the base of his race or other protected characteristics. He is not entitled to expect or demand of others free passage, or to be inured of the right of others to hold their own personal views of such within fair and legal boundaries. No one is protected from the consequences of free speech protection.

no one is going Alan McAlister here, but it is not racist to object to the actions of an individual of minority race as long as they are not uniquely limited to people of that minority grouping.

someone who would hold equal views of 2 people of alternative racial profile and common action, or different views of 2 people of common racial profile and distinct action cannot, and must not be seen as racist in nature or motivation.

that’s just suppressing constructive dialogue behind alternative agenda’s which range from the political to the merely lazy & convenient.

telling me to alter genuine, reasonable and ultimately fair responses because someone wants to assign an unfair, unjustifiable label from afar is anti-intellectual, regressive and unacceptable.

new civic standards do not exist just because someone wishes it known they perceive certain behaviours in a particular way.

new standards can be created if those perceptions meet a higher threshold of course. If they are reasonably deemed to be harmful and of racially prejudicial motivations

Adam Goodes feeling like he’s being picked on is not enough.

Colin Kaepernick feels he has been excluded and disadvantaged because of the political stances he took; and he is unquestionably right. it is so egregious that I can’t believe the cabal of NFL owners have gotten away with it so far. though Kaepernick seems to be winning both the war of hearts & minds, and legally.

taunting is an offence in the NFL, and is a very serious offence in the EPL. in the latter even lifting your shirt in celebration can be cause for sending off. Inciting powder keg emotions is rightly something players are expected to be conscious of. The tribal emotions within English soccer have * all to do with race, but still need to be managed

Yet somehow, for example, if I don’t like Goodes’ taunting of the crowd, I’m expected to recant just because Goodes subsequently doesn’t like the stick he gets and decides everyone is a racist?

maybe, he’s a decent man, with a good message and clumsy, ill-advised ways?

saying I can’t have an opinion, saying I can’t disapprove of those methods, because he’s a self-styled messenger of righteousness? It is possible to think Adam Goodes a knob, without contradicting his politics; it is possible to think him a blunt, clumsy messenger without rejecting the message.

And most of all it is possible to have views on his actions & behaviours that don’t accept his self-justifying, after the event rationales.

he played up to the crowd, and didn’t like it when he bit off more than he could chew. Decided to call it racist, because it suited him. Played on the edge of the rules and didn’t like it when people became fed up with it.

Heritier Lumumba was no less out spoken, so it wasn’t the ******* message.

When Andrew McLeod publicly fell out with Leyton Hewitt for disrespecting the heritage, culture and values he helped Lleyton gain access to - not many people donned their white hoods and fell in behind white boy 😇

I’m not arguing Australia isn’t a racist country. It is. It has a terrible past it’s trying to erase with token gestures, and meme level understandings

but I just do not, and will not accept that Adam Goodes is beyond reproach as an individual because of his politics and no one with truly progressive ideals should even try to argue otherwise.

I mean FFS he got booed. Bitch please 🙈

He’s become the patron saint of virtue signalling from Australians trying to cleanse themselves of any guilt, or the obligations to engage honestly in a complex and real problem that we as a country have made * all progress in addressing

the Adam Goodes tokenism is an excuse not to think.

Now, off to warm up my vocal cords - YouTube is calling 😱😂😂😂

The other issue with booing Adam Goodes was the piety of the media playing up to it all the time

I think a lot of people just didn’t like being told what to do. And even more weren’t going to be told they were racists because they were booing an opposition sporting player on a field

so it became a cause in itself. A giant * you to the sort of people who would take to their crayons to judge them so easily

it’s like antisemitism. There is nothing antisemitic about criticising the actions of the state of Israel or the actions of an individual. When you apply generalisations about the state of Israel or generalities of Jews as a group you are in shaky ground.

when you ascribe generalities to the individual you are flat out done, bang to rights.

no one is doing that with Adam Goodes. They are not conjoining him and anyone else, they are not assigning general tropes of race against him, they are making an individual comment about him individually and his individual actions

that he happens to be of a race, does not permit him a shield for any of his actions. Even those he believes are activism’s of his political beliefs. He is no more, no less entitled to the benefits of free speech, the limitations, the civic rights and duties of anyone else. He rightly benefits from the laws that offer minority protections, and is entitled to expect not to be vilified, victimised purely on the base of his race or other protected characteristics. He is not entitled to expect or demand of others free passage, or to be inured of the right of others to hold their own personal views of such within fair and legal boundaries. No one is protected from the consequences of free speech protection.

no one is going Alan McAlister here, but it is not racist to object to the actions of an individual of minority race as long as they are not uniquely limited to people of that minority grouping.

someone who would hold equal views of 2 people of alternative racial profile and common action, or different views of 2 people of common racial profile and distinct action cannot, and must not be seen as racist in nature or motivation.

that’s just suppressing constructive dialogue behind alternative agenda’s which range from the political to the merely lazy & convenient.

telling me to alter genuine, reasonable and ultimately fair responses because someone wants to assign an unfair, unjustifiable label from afar is anti-intellectual, regressive and unacceptable.

new civic standards do not exist just because someone wishes it known they perceive certain behaviours in a particular way.

new standards can be created if those perceptions meet a higher threshold of course. If they are reasonably deemed to be harmful and of racially prejudicial motivations

Colin Kaepernick feels he has been excluded and disadvantaged because of the political stances he took; and he is unquestionably right. it is so egregious that I can’t believe the cabal of NFL owners have gotten away with it so far. though Kaepernick seems to be winning both the war of hearts & minds, and legally.

taunting is an offence in the NFL, and is a very serious offence in the EPL. in the latter even lifting your shirt in celebration can be cause for sending off. Inciting powder keg emotions is rightly something players are expected to be conscious of. The tribal emotions within English soccer have fu** all to do with race, but still need to be managed

Yet somehow, for example, if I don’t like Goodes’ taunting of the crowd, I’m expected to recant just because Goodes subsequently doesn’t like the stick he gets and decides everyone is a racist?

saying I can’t have an opinion, saying I can’t disapprove of those methods, because he’s a self-styled messenger of righteousness? It is possible to think Adam Goodes a knob, without contradicting his politics; it is possible to think him a blunt, clumsy messenger without rejecting the message.

And most of all it is possible to have views on his actions & behaviours that don’t accept his self-justifying, after the event rationales.

he played up to the crowd, and didn’t like it when he bit off more than he could chew. Decided to call it racist, because it suited him. Played on the edge of the rules and didn’t like it when people became fed up with it.

When Andrew McLeod publicly fell out with Leyton Hewitt for disrespecting the heritage, culture and values he helped Lleyton gain access to - not many people donned their white hoods and fell in behind white boy

I’m not arguing Australia isn’t a racist country. It is. It has a terrible past it’s trying to erase with token gestures, and meme level understandings

but I just do not, and will not accept that Adam Goodes is beyond reproach as an individual because of his politics and no one with truly progressive ideals should even try to argue otherwise.

I mean FFS he got booed. b*tch please

He’s become the patron saint of virtue signalling from Australians trying to cleanse themselves of any guilt, or the obligations to engage honestly in a complex and real problem that we as a country have made fu** all progress in addressing

Now, off to warm up my vocal cords - YouTube is calling

That's one hell of a speech. Adam Goodes really did a number on you huh?

Ignore this post, just another virtue signalling tokenist cry baby wishing they had your progressive outlook

“The Project panellist Peter Helliar questioned the authenticity of Lumumba’s allegations,”

jesus

and simon Buckley sounds like your garden variety Jew hating Jew

Who produces that show and is it in any way linked to JamTV media, Eddie's Company?

The company that produces most Crocmedia content.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

taunting is an offence in the NFL, and is a very serious offence in the EPL. in the latter even lifting your shirt in celebration can be cause for sending off. Inciting powder keg emotions is rightly something players are expected to be conscious of. The tribal emotions within English soccer have fu** all to do with race, but still need to be managed

When Andrew McLeod publicly fell out with Leyton Hewitt for disrespecting the heritage, culture and values he helped Lleyton gain access to - not many people donned their white hoods and fell in behind white boy 😇

I mean FFS he got booed. b*tch please 🙈

He’s become the patron saint of virtue signalling from Australians trying to cleanse themselves of any guilt, or the obligations to engage honestly in a complex and real problem that we as a country have made fu** all progress in addressing

Now, off to warm up my vocal cords - YouTube is calling 😱😂😂😂

I get what you are trying to say here, and there are elements that are of course true.

BUT, when you say something like this "he played up to the crowd, and didn’t like it when he bit off more than he could chew. Decided to call it racist, because it suited him", it clearly shows that you don't actually understand what happened.

Goodes was called an APE by a crowd member. Probably not for the first time. He instinctively reacted and pointed to who it was. Did he know it was a young person at the time? No. He pointed it out because he'd had enough.

The fact you think he played the racist card, despite dealing with years of abuse, undoes every single thing you have written. He didn't pick and choose here. He called out racism and copped enormous backlash because of it. Any other interpretation is fanciful and used to protect racist behaviour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back