hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
He was gone as soon as Godden gave him a public lambasting....Godden wouldn't have done that off his own bat, he was but the messenger.
I don't know about that, it did take a number of players by surprise.

I think the wording was slightly off IMO, but the meaning was fair

Jul 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
which is? And who is they
Ok, I will spell it out easier.

Gooch was recruited as a midfielder from U18 where he was played as a midfielder. The club's coaching rank, under Pyke mostly, decided it was best to play him as a small forward rather than wing or centre.

Chayce is very similar as a midfielder played as a small forward and f##ked with by the coaching staff. If you are a midfielder under 185cm with speed, the model for the AFC is to play you as a small forward.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

Gooch was recruited as a midfielder from U18 where he was played as a midfielder. The club's coaching rank, under Pyke mostly, decided it was best to play him as a small forward rather than wing or centre.

Chayce is very similar as a midfielder played as a small forward and f##ked with by the coaching staff. If you are a midfielder under 185cm with speed, the model for the AFC is to play you as a small forward.
Actually played midfield/forward/half back....IMO he played his best football as running back moreso than midfield .

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Taken from Matt Balmer's 2016 power rankings.

#29 Jordan Gallucci
Outside Midfielder (Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro)
04/05/1998 | 180.0cm | 77.5kg

The athletic Jordan Gallucci has fluctuated around in my ratings all season. He showed plenty of promise in 2015 with many expecting him to have one of the better kicks in the draft pool. Unfortunately Gallucci could not find his feet as to where he best played his football, mixing between half back, midfield and periods up forward. For me I think he is best suited on the outside, rebounding across half back or on the wing. His kicking has struggled at times this year, at the 61 per cent (when combing TAC Cup & Under 18 championships). His athletic traits in speed and agility are outstanding, where he can burn opponents off running forward. Can win his own football in the midfield and his clearance work when on the inside has been strong.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

is that it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Invited to train with us what are his strengths and weaknesses?

Strengths: Reasonably quick, athletic, tidy disposal, capable of playing inside and outside midfield, can move forward and kick a goal

Weaknesses: Injured his Achilles last year so question marks over his athletic traits which was a strength of his. Short. Not a prolific ball winner so can struggle to get involved in the match

We delisted him because we tried to play him as a pure small forward despite him playing as a pure mid in the U18 competitions. Naturally he struggled. We also played him as a half forward in our "graveyard" role which is a very difficult position for younger players in our structure and often results in low touches and no impact on the game (mostly because we don't rotate our midfielders across the ground very much, so our half forwards permanently stay there for the entire match). Didn't give him a solid stretch of games to establish himself, we had a hair trigger for dropping him.

He looked okay in the SANFL without starring, I'd say he was better in the AFL. You could see he had talent with some very classy decision making and disposals at times, but due to where we played him he was only producing a couple of good touches a match. Provided he can get back from injury, I think he could have a genuine impact as an second rotation inside mid, or as a wing, with bursts forward. He's a cream on top player you want to be delivering inside 50 forward of center after receiving it from your inside mids

Strengths: Reasonably quick, athletic, tidy disposal, capable of playing inside and outside midfield, can move forward and kick a goal

Weaknesses: Injured his Achilles last year so question marks over his athletic traits which was a strength of his. Short. Not a prolific ball winner so can struggle to get involved in the match

We delisted him because we tried to play him as a pure small forward despite him playing as a pure mid in the U18 competitions. Naturally he struggled. We also played him as a half forward in our "graveyard" role which is a very difficult position for younger players in our structure and often results in low touches and no impact on the game (mostly because we don't rotate our midfielders across the ground very much, so our half forwards permanently stay there for the entire match). Didn't give him a solid stretch of games to establish himself, we had a hair trigger for dropping him.

He looked okay in the SANFL without starring, I'd say he was better in the AFL. You could see he had talent with some very classy decision making and disposals at times, but due to where we played him he was only producing a couple of good touches a match. Provided he can get back from injury, I think he could have a genuine impact as an second rotation inside mid, or as a wing, with bursts forward. He's a cream on top player you want to be delivering inside 50 forward of center after receiving it from your inside mids
Interesting sounds like cover for Kane lambert

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I don't know about that, it did take a number of players by surprise.

I think the wording was slightly off IMO, but the meaning was fair
I think the achilles injury was the last nail in the coffin even though it's no fault of his own. Totally destroyed any chance he had to redeem himself after Goddens bake.

I think the achilles injury was the last nail in the coffin even though it's no fault of his own. Totally destroyed any chance he had to redeem himself after Goddens bake.

Making him the scapegoat after our pathetic capitulation (after being five goals up) in that showdown pretty much destroyed him. Never mind the fact he was out with concussion while the other 21 players rolled over without a whimper.

That's probably the perfect analogy for Gooch at the Tigers.
Lambo has been dealing with a bung hip for a while so makes sense. Also doesn’t need to get a lot of ball here just play his role as a train on spot no harm done

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Making him the scapegoat after our pathetic capitulation (after being five goals up) in that showdown pretty much destroyed him. Never mind the fact he was out with concussion while the other 21 players rolled over without a whimper.
I can't recall this. Who made a scapegoat out of him?

I can't recall this. Who made a scapegoat out of him?

The selectors.

Was one of the all time great Adelaide board meltdowns that week.

Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC

I remember he got dropped after getting concussed in a showdown but we certainly weren’t 5 goals up at any stage, maybe 2 goals up at the most early on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
I remember he got dropped after getting concussed in a showdown but we certainly weren’t 5 goals up at any stage, maybe 2 goals up at the most early on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah.. not sure where this five goals up thing came from.

The game in question we lost by 57pts which was the Showdown where we scored one goal after HT - from Tex almost straight from the first bounce of the 3rd qtr.

"forward Jordan Gallucci will be assessed after suffering a concussion"

Narrator: and he never played again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back