FTA-TV The Amazing Race Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Yikes.

Brought back because another team quit. They should have tried to bring in one of the teams from the previous season that didn't get far as a twist. Or an entirely new team.
I think the quarantine issue limited choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It should be renamed the Amazing Race Queensland.

I get their were border closures but it is getting boring staying in one state.

It should be renamed the Amazing Race Queensland.

I get their were border closures but it is getting boring staying in one state.
I think there will be 1 leg for the other States and the 2 Territories except Victoria and WA, not going to WA was probably their hard borders at the time and Vic was probably during the second wave that hit and the borders were shut

I think one more in Queensland

Glad the father and daughter were eliminated. They were hopeless. I would have thought being able to swim would be a prerequisite for going on the show.

This is my first experience with the Australian series, but I've got a mate who worked on the show so I've been tuning in.

It's fun, mindless tv that you don't have to think about, it's all it's meant to be. I think it's cast well, and personally I probably prefer seeing Australia - Australia is big enough that you can have a great Amazing Race here.

Part of the reason I say that is because when you go too big or too small in terms of locale, you end up with a lot of artificial "bunch all the team up" spots. Watching a challenge the other day where they literally all got reset back to zero for the Survivor style challenge was a bit of a joke.

This is my first experience with the Australian series, but I've got a mate who worked on the show so I've been tuning in.

It's fun, mindless tv that you don't have to think about, it's all it's meant to be. I think it's cast well, and personally I probably prefer seeing Australia - Australia is big enough that you can have a great Amazing Race here.

Part of the reason I say that is because when you go too big or too small in terms of locale, you end up with a lot of artificial "bunch all the team up" spots. Watching a challenge the other day where they literally all got reset back to zero for the Survivor style challenge was a bit of a joke.
that happens a lot in all series, especially when going to airports and they all have to fly on the same flight

that happens a lot in all series, especially when going to airports and they all have to fly on the same flight
... and it it's not that, the location they need to visit to get the next clue doesn't open until the following morning.

Bunching makes it a whole lot easier for the production crew. You can't have teams on two separate legs, if for no other reason than the host needing to be present until the last team is eliminated (either at the mat, or mid-leg).

Phil Keoghan's race schedule is insane. He usually arrives on the same flight as the contestants. He needs to get to each of the challenge locations, to do his spiel to camera, then make it to the finish line before the first of the contestants arrives.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back