NFNL Div 2 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Send him down to St Marys great culture and a club on the rise.
A family friend has moved over from WA and is living close to Watsonia’s ground. He is thinking of going down for there for a kick and asked me about the club.

He’s a decent player... not a superstar but can play. He’d be a good Div 2 player. What’s Watsonia like in terms of club culture, coach etc. I’m good mates with his old man so don’t want to send him to a rabble.

Eltham obviously have a better coach but their list isn’t getting any younger tbh.
Their under 19's have won the Divy 1 Premiership twice in the last 4 years, I think there has to be a few good young blokes in that lot.

Eltham veteran Matthew Williamson seen earlier today at a local coffee shop in mernda with mernda coach fletch
Might be the missing piece to their Ruck issues after duclos life ban

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eltham veteran Matthew Williamson seen earlier today at a local coffee shop in mernda with mernda coach fletch Might be the missing piece to their Ruck issues after duclos life ban

Can see this happening. Panther with a new ruckman, Willo getting older and soon to have his first kid so money may get tight.

Maybe on the money.

Anyone feel like lower is flying under the radar a bit? Should be better for the run in D1, recruited a few and seem to go well in D2.

Their top handful of players are as good as any if not the best in D2. Flynn hard to replace unfortunately.

Anyone feel like lower is flying under the radar a bit? Should be better for the run in D1, recruited a few and seem to go well in D2.

Their top handful of players are as good as any if not the best in D2. Flynn hard to replace unfortunately.

Should play finals. Is there any real standout ruckman in D2 now though? Diamo have a big bloke, Thomastown had a good ruck last i saw in 2019.

If lower can find someone to break even in the ruck they will be fine.

I feel with no 2020 there is no radar that anyone can really fly under. This is shaping up as the closest Div 2 in years but also one that no one can predict due to the time we have had off. My thoughts on what we can expect but only as I cannot sleep and bored.

Lower have to be one of the favorites with the experience they got in 2019, BT knows how to coach and has a group that will follow. Possibly what was the worst place to watch football (in front of old rooms) just got a whole lot better with improvements to their rooms that I look forward to smashing a few beers in, drove past a few weeks ago and it looks awesome.

Banyule will be thereabouts come season end no doubt, favorites all 2019 only to fall at the GF, they will be aiming to fix that. Hopefully they get a coffee machine instead of the foam cup Nescafe blend 43 at least the fridge temperature kept the froffies mint.

Panthers close for a few years and always up there, great new coach and some nice recruits/returning players. Having change rooms has to make the players happier especially being able to shower after the game, we are all itching for local footy and Good Friday cannot come quick enough.

Diamo I think is a smokey, new coach and some new players could be anything. 5th the past few seasons is something they will try and improve. Coventry is huge and should be a fortress for them. When visiting in 2019 I got a decent quaddie so looking forward to that happening again.

The third Bears in Div 2, Thomo, are another that I would think could do anything, Supa has to play 3 sides he has coached previously during the year and will fire them bears up for each of those clashes. Do not see any easy game at Main Street (looking forward to seeing the new digs there as well, looked great when they were building them, the VP dishing out tapped Carlton Draught outside always impresses me as well)

St Marys will be the improvers with huge depth in the Club and will be aiming for a finals spot, hope they don't get to much rain to completely screw the ground later in the season, that's out of their hands I know and it must be frustrating.

Stars can rock up with absolute magic one year and not the next, could spring a surprise on many. As long as they have the chips and gravy from the canteen they can do no wrong by me

Watsy will get some wins and have recruited a few especially some slime lads with experience. The fixture has them playing at AK but I thought they were moving due to east link....2019 steam dimmies where a ripper at AK so I hope they stay there for 2021.

No noise from Pingers but there is bound to be a surprise there, great deck to play footy on, I would like to see the spit they had a few years ago going for home games, damn think I had three rolls and they ran out 3/4 time of the magoos is was so good.

And the lads from up the Hill will not kid themselves but I am sure will aim to knock a few teams off. I personally cannot wait to have a few pots at the Panton Hill Hotel pregame....and a monster steak.....(only had one a few weeks back....worth the trip lads trust Denny Crane)

So who knows.....we could have a Spiders v Pingers GF...how great would that be....

I feel with no 2020 there is no radar that anyone can really fly under. This is shaping up as the closest Div 2 in years but also one that no one can predict due to the time we have had off. My thoughts on what we can expect but only as I cannot sleep and bored.

Lower have to be one of the favorites with the experience they got in 2019, BT knows how to coach and has a group that will follow. Possibly what was the worst place to watch football (in front of old rooms) just got a whole lot better with improvements to their rooms that I look forward to smashing a few beers in, drove past a few weeks ago and it looks awesome.

Banyule will be thereabouts come season end no doubt, favorites all 2019 only to fall at the GF, they will be aiming to fix that. Hopefully they get a coffee machine instead of the foam cup Nescafe blend 43 at least the fridge temperature kept the froffies mint.

Panthers close for a few years and always up there, great new coach and some nice recruits/returning players. Having change rooms has to make the players happier especially being able to shower after the game, we are all itching for local footy and Good Friday cannot come quick enough.

Diamo I think is a smokey, new coach and some new players could be anything. 5th the past few seasons is something they will try and improve. Coventry is huge and should be a fortress for them. When visiting in 2019 I got a decent quaddie so looking forward to that happening again.

The third Bears in Div 2, Thomo, are another that I would think could do anything, Supa has to play 3 sides he has coached previously during the year and will fire them bears up for each of those clashes. Do not see any easy game at Main Street (looking forward to seeing the new digs there as well, looked great when they were building them, the VP dishing out tapped Carlton Draught outside always impresses me as well)

St Marys will be the improvers with huge depth in the Club and will be aiming for a finals spot, hope they don't get to much rain to completely screw the ground later in the season, that's out of their hands I know and it must be frustrating.

Stars can rock up with absolute magic one year and not the next, could spring a surprise on many. As long as they have the chips and gravy from the canteen they can do no wrong by me

Watsy will get some wins and have recruited a few especially some slime lads with experience. The fixture has them playing at AK but I thought they were moving due to east link....2019 steam dimmies where a ripper at AK so I hope they stay there for 2021.

No noise from Pingers but there is bound to be a surprise there, great deck to play footy on, I would like to see the spit they had a few years ago going for home games, damn think I had three rolls and they ran out 3/4 time of the magoos is was so good.

And the lads from up the Hill will not kid themselves but I am sure will aim to knock a few teams off. I personally cannot wait to have a few pots at the Panton Hill Hotel pregame....and a monster steak.....(only had one a few weeks back....worth the trip lads trust Denny Crane)

So who knows.....we could have a Spiders v Pingers GF...how great would that be....
Not sure St.Marys are in as good a position as you make out with depth.

Hearing they are not in a great spot at all. A lot of there U19s and good ones have left and struggling for numbers. No Reserves coach and senior numbers aren’t great!!

You’d hope there senior and junior programs are on the same page or could end in disaster for the senior club!!

Not sure St.Marys are in as good a position as you make out with depth.

Hearing they are not in a great spot at all. A lot of there U19s and good ones have left and struggling for numbers. No Reserves coach and senior numbers aren’t great!!

You’d hope there senior and junior programs are on the same page or could end in disaster for the senior club!!

Really, that's a surprise. I was only going on the fact their reserves have been very dominant over the past few years and 19s played in a Div 1 Grand Final in 2019.

Any report from the praccie match Thursday night boys?

Think in end Thomastown by about 4 to 5 goals. Played a 3/4 game between Reserves then 4 between Senior squad. Hillside have a lot of solid boys who run pretty hard at the ball and both team were throwing players around, second half was a bit hard to see with lighting but players said it was fine out there. It was a solid hit out for both teams

Think in end Thomastown by about 4 to 5 goals. Played a 3/4 game between Reserves then 4 between Senior squad. Hillside have a lot of solid boys who run pretty hard at the ball and both team were throwing players around, second half was a bit hard to see with lighting but players said it was fine out there. It was a solid hit out for both teams
Thanks mate. Heard the difference was much bigger. Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back