Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

Bear31

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
I tripped over my rug the other day, pretty sure that was Harley's fault as well.
I look at the Swans website very occasionally. You look at a players profile. You read it. Then you realise it is one or two years old.
Harley can take some blame IMO. He can share some of it.
If I was a young kid aspiring to be a Swan I would soon learn not to go to the Swans website for up to date anything.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
I look at the Swans website very occasionally. You look at a players profile. You read it. Then you realise it is one or two years old.
If I was a young kid aspiring to be a Swan I would soon learn not to go to the Swans website for up to date anything.
I go for comparisons of age, height and weight. The rest from Twitter and now Insta.

06FEB21: AFL Web Longmire Interview full article
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Link to the full AFL website article which includes the podcast posted previously.

I am a bit excited by Horses comments around Melican and McCartin taking the two key forwards to allow Rampe to play the third tall / intercept / rebound role. Always wanted to free up Rampe, would be awesome with him and Dawson giving us drive off half back with their booming kicks.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I am a bit excited by Horses comments around Melican and McCartin taking the two key forwards to allow Rampe to play the third tall / intercept / rebound role. Always wanted to free up Rampe, would be awesome with him and Dawson giving us drive off half back with their booming kicks.

I still have reservations about Melican but I need to trust Horse

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I go for comparisons of age, height and weight. The rest from Twitter and now Insta.
https://www.footywire.com/ is my go to for stats.

Example of info available (using Nick Blakey); Screenshot_2021-02-06 Sydney Swans Football Club Player List.png Screenshot_2021-02-06 Nick Blakey of the Sydney Swans Player Profile and AFL Stats.png Screenshot_2021-02-06 Nick Blakey of the Sydney Swans AFL Games Played Stats.png Screenshot_2021-02-06 Nick Blakey of the Sydney Swans AFL Games Played Stats adv.png Screenshot_2021-02-06 Nick Blakey of the Sydney Swans AFL Statistical Splits.png

Seems like a fairly small operation, but gets the job done with an informative, up to date, easy to navigate website.
Far superior IMO to the AFL's website stats section.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I still have reservations about Melican but I need to trust Horse

To be fair, so does Horse I reckon.
In the interview his comments were like Melican ‘seems’ (or similar) to be able to take the role and referenced the end of last year (from my memory) where he finished h the year well.

That’s what I took out of his comment, not 100% confidence in it.

Last edited:

Example of info available (using Nick Blakey);View attachment 1052612View attachment 1052613View attachment 1052615View attachment 1052624View attachment 1052625

Seems like a fairly small operation, but gets the job done with an informative, up to date, easy to navigate website.

Fairly certain that Footywire is maintained by someone on Bigfooty.

Can't quite remember who

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Link to the full AFL website article which includes the podcast posted previously.

I think there has been a clear change in the club in the last 12 months to do more media and communicate more with the supporters/members. We tend to play a straight bat to everything (which is more than fine), but it is still great to get this content.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney

Example of info available (using Nick Blakey);View attachment 1052612View attachment 1052613View attachment 1052615View attachment 1052624View attachment 1052625

Thanks. I'll give them a go. I quite enjoy The Mongrel Punt for subjective observation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Fair enough, probably more of an issue of who's been put in charge. And I think someone already said it was an afl department than a swans department.

Also, I think you can agree that the amount of negativity surrounding Harley over very minor things is a little silly.

09EB21: Callum Mills - FoxSports Players needing to lift
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Bear31

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
I agree. Though If Melican and McCartin are taking the two monsters, Gould may take the third tall if Mills moves to the midfield. Then you may have Dominant Dawson and Rampant Rampe well free to give drive off half back. I remember Rampe playing in those silly preseason games with 7 players or whatever, he was rampant. He kicked 4 or so goals in no time. Absolutely destroyed the opposition with the freedom to run and kick. To my dismay they soon took him off and gave others a go. A Rampe without the burden of hard marking an opponent would be well worth the admission price. He is 189 and fast and smart and elusive and can kick it a mile.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Hey ladies & lads, I'm now using the the Threadmarks tag for all future media moments.

1)For articles about an individual they'll look something like this Date/Player or Coach Name/Source & maybe a soundbite
2) Matchday post results: Date/Swans v's Lions/Multiple Sources or Single source (depending on how quick the different articles go up after a game)

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Hey ladies & lads, I'm now using the the Threadmarks tag for all future media moments.

1)For articles about an individual they'll look something like this Date/Player or Coach Name/Source & maybe a soundbite
2) Matchday post results: Date/Swans v's Lions/Multiple Sources or Single source (depending on how quick the different articles go up after a game)
lol you have me here , too old for all that. Just like the old Big Footy

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
lol you have me here , too old for all that. Just like the old Big Footy
Well you can rest well knowing I added the Source because of you Bedders. Sometimes there might be multiple articles about a player or whatever but if you're after the SEN one or say The Footyology one. Or say you're not interested in reading an article from The Roar, you'll be able to pick it out much easier;)

11FEB21: Buddy Swans Website

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Buddy back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.