Opinion Collingwood Report on discrimination

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re in danger of losing ANZAC day over this. Eddy will not resign. AFL needs to do something RE punishment. Can’t have the Racists v the Drug Cheats on Anzac Day.
Nah, it's a perfect emblem for the Americanization (spelling intentional) of ANZAC day. Drug cheating in domestic sport and some bedded in, institutional racism.

I won't watch Eddie's farewell speech as I expect it will be a defiant attempt to show that while he is a victim of political correctness gone awry, he was great for Collingwood, for footy across the planet, global investment and space exploration; and that he is stepping down because of his love for the Pies and their sponsors.

At least you can more authentic sounds from a whoopy cushion.........

Walked before he was pushed.

No way he was seeing out till end of the season based on the report leaking, then the failed press conference and AFL "do better", and a wonder just as the whole "mounting pressure for him to step down" he magically decides to step down.

he was great for Collingwood, for footy across the planet, global investment and space exploration; and that he is stepping down because of his love for the Pies and their sponsors.

All of this is true, though. Aside from space exploration of course. His efforts for the game go well beyond what he did for the Pies.

Walked before he was pushed.

No way he was seeing out till end of the season based on the report leaking, then the failed press conference and AFL "do better", and a wonder just as the whole "mounting pressure for him to step down" he magically decides to step down.
That press conference nailed him. I reckon he survives the report.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Send him over to Adelaide.

Has a lot of industry power, would love him at our club if he was banned from accessing a microphone 😅
He's as one-eyed as it gets, I can't see him working for another AFL club. I can certainly see his name popping up in admin discussions for different codes, however.

All of this is true, though. Aside from space exploration of course. His efforts for the game go well beyond what he did for the Pies.
You might be right jw, but I don't see it. All I've seen for more than a decade is yet another example of the type of egocentric rhetoric and PR bullshit that I find boorish, offensive, hypocritical and self-serving. How many hats can one person wear and claim they are "objective" under each banner, and then have the inability to recognise that? For years. The bloody Footy Show was completely unwatchable for at least 20 years. (However, as I didn't watch it I can only judge on the reasons I stopped.) I respect others who have a different view but, for me, any use Eddie had for football dissipated a long time ago.

Almost certainly the reason for the Saints to be on the threshold of success is due to the incredible administrative changes that have been made in recent years. I'm delighted with the way the Board and administration have tackled the many challenges we have nearly always faced, throughout our history, in the past few years and their off-field success made me a proud member of this club.

You might be right jw, but I don't see it. All I've seen for more than a decade is yet another example of the type of egocentric rhetoric and PR bullshit that I find boorish, offensive, hypocritical and self-serving. How many hats can one person wear and claim they are "objective" under each banner, and then have the inability to recognise that? For years. The bloody Footy Show was completely unwatchable for at least 20 years. (However, as I didn't watch it I can only judge on the reasons I stopped.) I respect others who have a different view but, for me, any use Eddie had for football dissipated a long time ago.

Almost certainly the reason for the Saints to be on the threshold of success is due to the incredible administrative changes that have been made in recent years. I'm delighted with the way the Board and administration have tackled the many challenges we have nearly always faced, throughout our history, in the past few years and their off-field success made me a proud member of this club.
Collingwood have been far more successful than us in the time you talk about, though.

The relentless woke left ran a good bloke out of the game. Done far more for Australian society & footy than all his critics combined.
Yep - you're right there.

He's done everyone a favour by demonstrating how much society has moved on and how his antiquated attitudes are no longer acceptable in positions of power and influence.

The relentless woke left ran a good bloke out of the game. Done far more for Australian society & footy than all his critics combined.
What does "woke" mean? Have read many references recently with this verb used as an adjective but I don't understand other that it appears to be pejorative. Is it supposed to be?

What does "woke" mean? Have read many references recently with this verb used as an adjective but I don't understand other that it appears to be pejorative. Is it supposed to be?
Woke means virtue signalling leftists from my understanding

One flag, when a single point our way would have done the trick instead. That is not "far more successful" if your measurement is premierships.
My measurement is not premierships. And that was before this current administration anyway. Since 2014, when Finnis took over, Collingwood have been the more successful side. So I understand you want to praise our admin for our successes but you'd be a hypocrite if you didn't do the same to Eddie and the Pies who again have been far more successful.

Woke means virtue signalling leftists from my understanding
Thanks George, much appreciated. I certainly know what virtue signalling is. Don't know why its automatically linked to "leftists" though. Do "rightists" not have any virtues they'd like to uphold? Wait, hang on, I think I might know what they could be...............

Thanks George, much appreciated. I certainly know what virtue signalling is. Don't know why its automatically linked to "leftists" though. Do "rightists" not have any virtues they'd like to uphold? Wait, hang on, I think I might know what they could be...............
No idea, usually silly names like neo nazi and white supremacists are used for the right. Probably even more stupid haha

Its a sport for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back