No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Ed is the victim here listening to that speech.
Interesting but not surprising language from Ed. The report and the CFC say sorry but not I'm sorry. And the icing, side by side. Yes Ed, Treloar and Phillips say hello. Karma, the bully has been bullied out. Now to open a nice bottle of red. Even a $5 bottle would taste great with this news!

The best part hopefully is that he won't get anywhere near an official gig at the AFL.
Then again.....................:rolleyes:
3,4 or 5 years too late. Could have have got out earlier with a bit more pride. He has achieved a lot for Collingwood but later in his career I think his hubris got the better of him. He stayed too long. We all have a use by date in our jobs. He thought he and Collingwood were bigger than the rest of the competition and he would reign forever. I remember that Foxtel series where the presidents of Sydney, Western Bulldogs, Collingwood and a couple of others where they debated a few topics. He said in that series that he thought the competition needs a strong Collingwood for the rest of the clubs to thrive(or words to that effect). I remember our president laughing at that comment.
He bullied people to get his way and others, including the Swans, and we were left with pieces to pick up from his influence over those who control the competition. Trade bans etc. But the facts are the facts. His gaffes hurt people. His influence as a radio announcer influenced people. He was stuck in the 70s. His legacy is tainted by his refusal to accept the truth of failures.

Richard Colless once told me that Eddie was okay and he could handle him . I don't hate Eddie , he has done some wonderful work at time away from the public. I hate Mike Fitzpatrick for what he has done to my club .

I hate Eddie for thanking that grub Fitzpatrick in his presser

To quote Eddie himself.

Let’s bone him. lol

Live by the sword die by the sword. He has been a blight on the AFL for a long long time undermining its integrity but all bullies and bigots get their comeuppance in the end.

Now Eddie you know exactly what it’s like to be boned you putrid excuse for a human being

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy made squillions leveraging off the Pies name. I listened to the hubris laden presser. Not once did he respond to the fact the Report held the Pies in low regard for how they publicly responded to issues raised against them.

Of course we all recall the Goodes incidents with sadness and anger. MuckWire was a central player. However long before that his Footy Show had the infamous Newman blackface episode. The Pies Board if they had the slightest bit of backbone should have demanded his resignation on the spot.

This is floating around on Twitter. Interesting player profile of Harry O’Brien as he was known then. Not sure the nickname was appropriate for print but the AFL record had no qualms. Eddie moving on won’t resolve everything.

View attachment 1054514
A friend of mine played with him and he said this is what he called himself ! Now 5 chins has stepped down this bloke needs to give it a rest.

A friend of mine played with him and he said this is what he called himself ! Now 5 chins has stepped down this bloke needs to give it a rest.

One of his ex-teammates Simon Buckley also said that he called himself that nickname, then had to delete the post on FB as he was predictably hounded for it.

Why are you lot allowing Eddie to stink up our lovely General AFL Thread - so goodbye in the Get Stuffed McGuire Thread😁 7 years long and ready for a long overdue celebration.
So well said as always ,some immature crap on here tonight and as i said Fitzpatrick has done so much damage to our club , 5 chins looked after him own and i trust Colless more than anyone on here !

Adam Goodes is eligible this year for inclusion in the AFL Hall of Fame.

I have no doubt he will be selected.

I do wonder if he will accept the nomination given the manner of his exit from the game.
I hope (and expect) he will and equally I hope his acceptance speech will be one for the ages.
I was going to put that up the other day , as him and Judd both ready to go . I really hope our great man would do it

Adam Goodes is eligible this year for inclusion in the AFL Hall of Fame.

I have no doubt he will be selected.

I do wonder if he will accept the nomination given the manner of his exit from the game.
I hope (and expect) he will and equally I hope his acceptance speech will be one for the ages.
I'm really torn over this. The AFL will certainly nominate him. They must in order to be seen as valuing his contribution etc etc. The audience will be full of a$$$holes who did nothing or fuelled his bullying. Enough to make him sick.
He could stick it to them but I don't think that's his nature. Nor is it to lie down and get walked on.
Perhaps he will accept the nomination (which he mightily deserves) but decline the invitation. In that case perhaps Pridham, Ireland or even Colless might accept on his behalf.
I just hope he is OK with whatever happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back