Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

No, I didn’t miss it.

Do you think that maybe he came to the conclusion sometime after that AFL record that ‘Chimp’ was not a term of endearment he wanted to continue? And that’s the issue?
"Hi guys, call me Harry

No, call me Chimp now.

No, Herretier now please"

* Years pass *

"They called me chimp and it's racist. Please pay me attention and money
Sincerely, Herreiter"

Collingwood FC: "Would you mind coming in and assisting with an investigation into the racism?"

"Nah, I'll do an interview so I get paid. Ta"

So one no-name ex-player’s allegations in the comments section of Facebook trumps an independent report? 😂
I think it's more than likely that Collingwood had a racist culture and O'Brien is milking it. One of those doesn't preclude the other.

It seems that the "sometime after" is well after his playing days finished.

If he was ok with it then, how is it fair to judge his teammates and club by today's standards?

I'm not saying Collingwood are innocent of this, they do have bad form over a long period in this regard. But Heritier is a weird unit, at best, and I'm questioning his motives. I'd also be interested to hear the view of his ex-girlfriend Fuzzy on his denial of using homophobic slurs.

I'm actually pretty certain he brought the nickname up with the group at a team meeting in one of his last years at the club, asking them to stop much to their confusion. If I'm recalling correctly that's when his relationship with Buckley began to heavily deteriorate because Bucks simply didn't get it.

So one no-name ex-player’s allegations in the comments section of Facebook trumps an independent report? 😂
Independent report called 'Do Better'. The reports conclusion was in the name of the report. Big problem when the name of the report was made before any independent research had even started. Bias much!

Everyone can Do Better at everything. Does it means its feasible, realistic or needed?

My guess is that Harry suddenly decided that "Chimp" was no good after that American player told him it was racist. Not Mason Cox, it was another guy. I'm not sure if he played a senior match. He was on radio talking about it last year.

Eddie must have filled it in for him. Hes the only racist in Australia i believe
Frankly it seems like Lamumba is just rewriting history.

Again, I’m sure other players at Collingwood have legitimate concerns but this dude has always done crazy stuff and this seems par for the course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The referred to profile.

Also "What sort of an animal would you be?" .......
what does it say? The Champ? The Chomp?

is this the highest resolution you can afford?

I think it's more than likely that Collingwood had a racist culture and O'Brien is milking it. One of those doesn't preclude the other.
Collingwood had a racist culture, that part is pretty much concrete now, I’d think.

I’m not sure Lamumba is milking it, and I think that is a pretty easy claim to make, in order to undermine his claims.

People getting caught up on the nickname, and not the culture of systemic racism, which is exactly the point Lamumba has continually made and that the report has now concluded.

Last edited:
You guys know what culture is, don’t you?

It is ideas, customs, and social behaviour of a particular people or society.

Just because Lamumba thought it was ok and went along with for a time, does not mean it was not racism.

When I was a young bloke it was part of our culture at school that we’d hang s**t on indigenous kids and make fun of their skin color and their culture, trash talking them in sport about living in a humpy or how they’d be better to go chase a goanna than playing sport. They were still our mates, but man we treated them like s**t in hindsight.
To this effect I have an under 18 premiership shirt with the nicknames of all players printed on the back. One of the names on that shirt, obviously agreed to at the time as the nickname he wanted printed, is “n**ga”. All letters printed though, not censored like on BF.

Are people here suggesting that if that 18yr old grew to realize that it wasn’t a term of endearment and that it was actually an example of systemic racism within his community, that he is wrong? Or just milking it?

Clearly the nickname “chimp” is just part of the story of the culture that existed, that Lamumba came to realise was just an example of how racism was readily accepted as part of the environment.

Last edited:
You guys know what culture is, don’t you?

It is ideas, customs, and social behaviour of a particular people or society.

Just because Lamumba thought it was ok and went along with for a time, does not mean it was not racism.

When I was a young bloke it was part of our culture at school that we’d hang sh*t on indigenous kids and make fun of their skin color and their culture, trash talking them in sport about living in a humpy or how they’d be better to go chase a goanna than playing sport. They were still our mates, but man we treated them like sh*t in hindsight.
To this effect I have an under 18 premiership shirt with the nicknames of all players printed on the back. One of the names on that shirt, obviously agreed to at the time as the nickname he wanted printed, is “n**ga”. All letters printed though, not censored like on BF.

Are people here suggesting that if that 18yr old grew to realize that it wasn’t a term of endearment and that it was actually an example of systemic racism within his community, that he is wrong? Or just milking it?

Clearly the nickname “chimp” is just part of the story of the culture that existed, that Lamumba came to realise was just an example of how racism was readily accepted as part of the environment.

100%

Racial abuse from fans was accepted until it was recognized for what it was. Thanks to Nicky Winmar for shining a light on that.

Racial abuse from other players was accepted until recognised for what it was. Thanks Michael Long.

I was a child of the 80’s - remember well the ‘black magic’ of the krakouer brothers (casual racism at its best). Jimmy being a perfect example of a unfulfilled indigenous talent (and he was still a star). This was what the accepted environment did to some of the most talented players to pull on a boot.

After Long, Winmar and some high profile incidents we deluded ourselves into thinking the problem no longer existed. Goodes shone a light on the issues that remained, and was driven out of the game. That is fact, whether you agree with him or not, and it’s shameful.

We would prefer not to admit there is a problem, and shout down those who force us to confront it.

I have personally been educated through this journey. I saw no problem with racial abuse on the field. I saw Nicky Winmar lose it one day against hawthorn, got something like 8 weeks for multiple incidents. I can only guess what contributed to that.

The casual racism highlighted by heretier and the collingwood review is just the latest example. We need to learn and ‘do better’, not attack the bloke telling us the hard truth.

Collingwood had a racist culture, that part is pretty much concrete now, I’d think.

I’m not sure Lamumba is milking it, and I think that is a pretty easy claim to make, in order to undermine his claims.

People getting caught up on the nickname, and not the culture of systemic racism, which is exactly the point Lamumba has continually made and that the report has now concluded.
Can you please explain to me a racist culture.
And Collingwood is the only club to have this?

100%

Racial abuse from fans was accepted until it was recognized for what it was. Thanks to Nicky Winmar for shining a light on that.

Racial abuse from other players was accepted until recognised for what it was. Thanks Michael Long.

I was a child of the 80’s - remember well the ‘black magic’ of the krakouer brothers (casual racism at its best). Jimmy being a perfect example of a unfulfilled indigenous talent (and he was still a star). This was what the accepted environment did to some of the most talented players to pull on a boot.

After Long, Winmar and some high profile incidents we deluded ourselves into thinking the problem no longer existed. Goodes shone a light on the issues that remained, and was driven out of the game. That is fact, whether you agree with him or not, and it’s shameful.

We would prefer not to admit there is a problem, and shout down those who force us to confront it.

I have personally been educated through this journey. I saw no problem with racial abuse on the field. I saw Nicky Winmar lose it one day against hawthorn, got something like 8 weeks for multiple incidents. I can only guess what contributed to that.

The casual racism highlighted by heretier and the collingwood review is just the latest example. We need to learn and ‘do better’, not attack the bloke telling us the hard truth.
And what about when your club were booing Goodes? Oh that’s right. It was because he was a diver.
See mate. Every club is racist.

So Lamumba, he was the guy who went AWOl from training and then said when he returned that he needed time off because of a "complicated history of sexual abuse" and people were like "s**t, didn't know, sorry" and then it comes out that it was actually a female cousin who was sexually abused...and Hertier traded off her trauma for a week off football.

Are people seriously defending this piece of s**t?

A man who would do that, use a woman's sexual trauma to get a few days off work?

Shame those defending him, shame on you.

Stop your god damned virtue signalling for one ******* moment, he does not deserve it, he does not deserve respect, he deserves Coventry for that act alone. I don't care what else has happened to him, I really don't there, are things a man does not do and he not only crossed the line, he took a s**t on the other side and said "* you rape survivor, that is my sympathy"

Honestly can not believe people stand up for this campaigner, what in gods name is wrong with people?

And what about when your club were booing Goodes? Oh that’s right. It was because he was a diver.

So Lamumba, he was the guy who went AWOl from training and then said when he returned that he needed time off because of a "complicated history of sexual abuse" and people were like "sh*t, didn't know, sorry" and then it comes out that it was actually a female cousin who was sexually abused...and Hertier traded off her trauma for a week off football.

Are people seriously defending this piece of sh*t?

A man who would do that, use a woman's sexual trauma to get a few days off work?

Shame those defending him, shame on you.

Stop your god damned virtue signalling for one ******* moment, he does not deserve it, he does not deserve respect, he deserves Coventry for that act alone. I don't care what else has happened to him, I really don't there, are things a man does not do and he not only crossed the line, he took a sh*t on the other side and said "fu** you rape survivor, that is my sympathy"

Honestly can not believe people stand up for this campaigner, what in gods name is wrong with people?
Anyone who unironically uses virtue signalling is a smooth brain

Can you please explain to me a racist culture.
And Collingwood is the only club to have this?
A culture where a young black player thought it was funny or ok to identify as a chimpanzee? And that Chimp was a good nickname to have?

maybe we could start there?

No one said Collingwood is the only one to have this, 🤦‍♂️.

Never said it was only collingwood. The media focusing on Eddie and the pies are missing the point.

Casual racism existed to varying extents everywhere in the AFL, and in society. Including in my club footy days and I was part of it and didn’t see a problem.

Heretier and the review are shining a light on something that existed everywhere. This is an opportunity for us all to think more critically about our actions and perspectives.

goodes was being booed (yes by hawks fans too) for essentially racist reasons. Mostly because he was a black man trying to educate us of his experience, and us not wanting to hear it. Champion player, champion human.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back