Unofficial Preview 2021 Preseason Games - Game 1: 25/2 Carlton @ Ikon, Game 2: 6/3 Geelong @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so we have:

Geelong at Kardinia Park on Tursday 18/2 at 7:10 PM

GWS at Manuka on Friday 5/3 at 7:40 PM

For the first one (assuming we have 26 player sides as usual) I'd be looking at:

FB: Cody Brand - Patrick Ambrose - Ross McQuillan
HB: Nick Hind - Zach Reid - Thomas Hird
MF: Tom Cutler - Archie Perkins - Brayden Ham
HF: Ned Cahill - Josh Eyre - Harrison Jones
FF: David Zaharakis - Peter Wright - Will Snelling
OB: Nick Bryan - Jye Caldwell -Dyson Heppell (if fit)

IC: Nikolas Cox - Lachlan Johnson - Dylan Clarke - Aaron Francis
IC: Sam Draper - Mason Redman - Matt Guelfi - Jayden Laverde

The point here is to get a look at the kids, give fringe players a chance to press their claim and those who have missed a lot of footy (Ambrose, Heppell) some match practice in

The point here is to get a look at the kids, give fringe players a chance to press their claim and those who have missed a lot of footy (Ambrose, Heppell) some match practice in
I'm as excited to see the newly drafted kids play as much as anyone - but I will take the coaches point of view if they are ready

Last years crop should get a run - no doubt - after beiing in the system 12+ months

So they've changed it to one game against someone in our own state (essentially means all the interstate teams play each other) and then the actual competition one.

Hopefully the second is our Geelong game so we get one in Melbourne for once

So they've changed it to one game against someone in our own state (essentially means all the interstate teams play each other) and then the actual competition one.

Hopefully the second is our Geelong game so we get one in Melbourne for once
The Geelong one I thought was contractually obligated to happen in a regional area as part of the country game thing

The Geelong one I thought was contractually obligated to happen in a regional area as part of the country game thing
Yeah, that's my point. If that's the "Community Series" fixture it means that the first one will be in Melbourne due to the fact that the first practice match is between sides from the same state.

New Blues recruit Adam Saad could face-off against his former club as first match-ups revealed
Things could get a little awkward for former Bomber Adam Saad in his first taste of action for Carlton. See who plays who in the opening AFL informal scratch match-ups.

New Carlton recruit Adam Saad will have the chance to face-off against his former Essendon teammates when the two clubs meet in their informal scratch match later this month.
The Blues are slated to take on the Bombers in the first unofficial hit out of the pre-season, potentially pitting Saad against his old club four months after he was traded to Ikon Park.

Reigning premier Richmond will take on a Melbourne side which will be missing new key forward Ben Brown (knee).
Brown faces at least one month on the sidelines after surgery to fix a fresh cartilage issue, opening up the chance for Tom McDonald to impress in a key forward role.
McDonald has trimmed down considerably in a bid to add some more running power to his game after losing his senior spot last year.

And Collingwood will travel down to Geelong for their first hit-out against another team on Friday, February 26.
Magpies’ superstar midfielder Jordan De Goey (adductor) and Jeremy Cameron (hamstring) remain under a cloud as the pair race to recover from minor injury setbacks.

De Goey had returned in top shape after completing regular personal training sessions in his off-season but is on light duties for a fortnight after straining his adductor.
The star ballwinner is eyeing more regular midfield time in 2021 to help replace departed midfielder Adam Treloar, while youngster Nick Daicos will lock down a full-time wing role in place of new Hawk Tom Phillips.
Cats’ spearhead Cameron strained his hamstring last month and will be treated cautiously in the lead-up to the formal pre-season game on March 6 against Essendon.

Jordan De Goey is under an injury cloud for Collingwood’s first hit-out.
Forward Josh Bruce will also unveil a slimmer figure after a challenging first year at the kennel.

North Melbourne will meet St Kilda in their scratch match.
All eyes will be on young North midfielder Luke Davies-Uniacke after a sparkling pre-season while No. 3 draft pick Will Phillips could also get some game time.
St Kilda will be looking to give former Adelaide midfielder Brad Crouch a chance to build some chemistry and understanding with his new midfield teammates.

Clubs will be allowed to determine their own player and time requirements for the informal scratch match.
The clubs will play an official pre-season game in the AAMI Community Series between March 4 -8 before the regular season kicks off on March 18.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When? and thanks
Probably the only chance I'd ever get to see the Bombers play in Canberra and it gets cancelled. So sh*t.
So essentially the AFL decided to have one "official" game in the community series and one game against another side in the same state to reduce as much travel as possible.

Since we were contractually obligated to play Geelong as part of the community series it basically meant that we play Carlton in the "unofficial" practice game.

See individual game threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back