2021 Board Elections

Which candidate will you be voting for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Shanti is it for me. Her blurb reads the least desperate / most honest, and she won me over with: "This means better, more direct and honest communication, this means members being consulted and included in decisions, and it means members being heard by the Board and receiving a response."

If I had renewed my membership, I'd probably vote for her too. She seems the least likely to have links to Chapman/Hazell.

My initial two cents...

Nick is AFC through and through. Which is exactly why it would be a waste of time appointing him to the board, he offers nothing we lack, want or need. Pass.

Kym's deficiencies are well covered above. Likes the sound of his own voice but hasn't backed up a single thing he promised. Pass.

Donny gives me a bad vibe. One of those older women who views her personal success in a male-dominated world not with any actual understanding of structural barriers but rather through a lens of self-congratulation for not being useless like most other women who would just achieve everything she has if they'd just tried a bit harder. Pass.

Shanti is it for me. Her blurb reads the least desperate / most honest, and she won me over with: "This means better, more direct and honest communication, this means members being consulted and included in decisions, and it means members being heard by the Board and receiving a response."
After a brief read through she was the first one who stood out to me too.

No more Lawyers thanks. Donny gets my vote as she is the only one who has has formed multiple companies which means she is likely to bring a different perspective to the board which is most definitely needed.

Last edited:
They all read pretty lame. Shanti has squeezed as much jargon in as she can without saying anything... like everyone.

We should just pick the most engaging applicant who collaborates in a team environment and has a strong ethos for hard work and excellent communication.

No more Lawyers thanks. Donny gets my vote as she is the only one who has has formed multiple companies which means she is likely to bring a different perspective to the board which is most definitely needed.
What about the "zero tolerance" factor ?? She makes Craigy look loose

here's a hint guys: it doesn't matter.

You don't get on the ballot unless you've already sold your soul.

Don't help them give the illusion of member inclusion by participating in this farce.

My initial two cents...

Nick is AFC through and through. Which is exactly why it would be a waste of time appointing him to the board, he offers nothing we lack, want or need. Pass.

Kym's deficiencies are well covered above. Likes the sound of his own voice but hasn't backed up a single thing he promised. Pass.

Donny gives me a bad vibe. One of those older women who views her personal success in a male-dominated world not with any actual understanding of structural barriers but rather through a lens of self-congratulation for not being useless like most other women who would just achieve everything she has if they'd just tried a bit harder. Pass.

I actually know Shanti a little bit. She is quality. Tough, honest and accepts no crap.
Will 100% be getting my vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My initial two cents...

I'm with you - I heard Donny on SEN breakfast yesterday and was totally put off.

The whole 24/7 zero tolerance is at best a PR stunt to boost her profile with the oldies and conservatives at the club, at worst she actually believes it and would take the board back to the 1930's!

It's just such a clumsy position to take. Firstly it's not just the clubs involved in those decisions anymore (AFLPA etc), and secondly you are painting yourself into a PR nightmare with those type of statements. What happens if hypothetical situation like a player's partner or family member dies and he gets on the sauce and then is caught drink driving - is it good, no, should you kick the man while he is down...probably not. What about if you had a star player like Dusty ( I wish!) gets on the 'nose frothies' this one time for no good reason other than a lapse in judgment... the guy literally wins premierships, gaawwd could you imagine the up-roar from the fans. Media would have a field day with these types of line-in-the sand statements because inevitably you with have to look at each case on it's merits and there will be times it make sense give player multiple chances, at which point the media lock in with click-bait like "club back-flips on values" or "Favoritism rife as rules applied to some but not others" ...I could go on and on. The club doesn't need that type of attention anymore.

I've got nothing against high standards, the club needs them. But you're much better positioning it as "We are transparent and upfront about our core values, and we will make sure the players are striving to live these values everyday both on and off the field" or something like that...that way you actually give the club back some control in how they deal with issues.

It's a young mans game, and it attracts all walks of life - players are going to make mistakes and there is plenty more out there for them to get tripped up on than when I was in my 20's. Better to embrace the lads and educate them so they can be better, not whack them with a stick the moment they screw up. If there is a genuine trouble maker amongst the group, turf him out, you won't hear me complain. But the fact she took such an amateur position and she apparently has all that experience...

Any way rant over lol! I need a coffee.

For what it's worth, I'd vote for Nick and Shanti.

Last edited:
I'm with you - I heard Donny on SEN breakfast yesterday and was totally put off.

The whole 24/7 zero tolerance is at best a PR stunt to boost her profile with the oldies and conservatives at the club, at worst she actually believes it and would take the board back to the 1930's!

It's just such a clumsy position to take. Firstly it's not just the clubs involved in those decisions anymore (AFLPA etc), and secondly you are painting yourself into a PR nightmare with those type of statements. What happens if hypothetical situation like a player's partner or family member dies and he gets on the sauce and then is caught drink driving - is it good, no, should you kick the man while he is down...probably not. What about if you had a star player like Dusty ( I wish!) gets on the 'nose frothies' this one time for no good reason other than a lapse in judgment... the guy literally wins premierships, gaawwd could you imagine the up-roar from the fans. Media would have a field day with these types of line-in-the sand statements because inevitably you with have to look at each case on it's merits and there will be times it make sense give player multiple chances, at which point the media lock in with click-bait like "club back-flips on values" or "Favoritism rife as rules applied to some but not others" ...I could go on and on. The club doesn't need that type of attention anymore.

I've got nothing against high standards, the club needs them. But you're much better positioning it as "We are transparent and upfront about our core values, and we will make sure the players are striving to live these values everyday both on and off the field" or something like that...that way you actually give the club back some control in how they deal with issues.

It's a young mans game, and it attracts all walks of life - players are going to make mistakes and there is plenty more out there for them to get tripped up on than when I was in my 20's. Better to embrace the lads and educate them so they can be better, not whack them with a stick the moment they screw up. If there is a genuine trouble maker amongst the group, turf him out, you won't hear me complain. But the fact she took such an amateur position and she apparently has all that experience...

Any way rant over lol! I need a coffee.

For what it's worth, I'd vote for Nick and Shanti.
Were SEN interviewing all candidates or just Donny?

I didn’t like that she had a whole advertiser article about her nomination. She is a well connected person, and if she wanted to get on the board through more traditional means, she has the ability to do so.

now a "zero tolerance" on executive incompetence I am all for. The Crouch/Stengle episodes are more likely a result of a ****ed up club leadership than a cause of it. Fix that (which is being done) then the rest follows. After the disastrous last 2 years which has at its core the amatuer level leadership from Fagan, Chapman and others, to put your candidacy hopes on making sure the players don't * around, is incredibly short sighted and straight out of the Chapman leadership playbook.

To be fair, this place isn't particularly representative of AFC supporters.
Ah but he made a specific appeal to this board asking for votes and promising to keep it updated which hasn't happened

To be fair, this place isn't particularly representative of AFC supporters.

You can view his Twitter here

He doesn't seem to respond to supporters with any sort of substance. Certainly does not use Twitter to address genuine questions.

Now I don't know if he received questions on Twitter or not, but I scrolled back to the start of 2020. I would have assumed at least a few people would have reached out to our member representative on Twitter when we went through a record winless streak

Last edited:
Were SEN interviewing all candidates or just Donny?

I didn’t like that she had a whole advertiser article about her nomination. She is a well connected person, and if she wanted to get on the board through more traditional means, she has the ability to do so.
I said a few days ago that I didn't know her - but I have since spoken with someone who has had dealings with her in the past. They said she is a self-promoter and a "player", very good at building her own brand. Possibly not the right motivation for a board member.

now a "zero tolerance" on executive incompetence I am all for. The Crouch/Stengle episodes are more likely a result of a f’ed up club leadership than a cause of it. Fix that (which is being done) then the rest follows. After the disastrous last 2 years which has at its core the amatuer level leadership from Fagan, Chapman and others, to put your candidacy hopes on making sure the players don't fu** around, is incredibly short sighted and straight out of the Chapman leadership playbook.

I agree with that CrowsB4hoes :handok:

Haven't seen/heard any other interviews with candidates on SEN, which means she is likely pushing hard to be selected through profile awareness.

Back