Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 3

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been awhile since Bianca has played, usually she's mentally strong and consistent.

Hsieh is a tricky opponent

Literally the worst draw knew I should have had money on Hsieh lol

A lot of betting types were tipping Gerasimov to beat Karatsev as their big underdog winner for today. It's currently 6-0, 6-1, 2-0 to Karatsev.

Su-Wei tennis is fun tennis. Give me more players like her and not all about MORE POWER!!!!(in my best Jeremy Clarkson voice)

Drop shots, slices and angles, so many angles. Will defend her with my life.

Andreescu was always iffy with lack of matches and HQ(that is a thing btw, I get out the stat out soon). I didn't think Su-Wei had the form but she just seems to perform on the big stage. Still remember that epic she had with kerber a couple of years ago. And she run Osaka close as well.

Oh Bianca these drop shots. You’ve got to be in some sort of form to be able to pull off these shots.

Of course lol

Not sure what was worse...the drop shots or the brainless whacking the ball back the Hsei lol both were awful game plans

Of course lol

Not sure what was worse...the drop shots or the brainless whacking the ball back the Hsei lol both were awful game plans
Just so disappointing. Hack opponents who’s best attribute is being ‘tricky’ do my head in. I want talent to prevail. I mean the result is what it is, but so disappointing.

Sabalenka wins, looks destined to equal her career best slam result, and will need to knock off Serena to reach the QF. She can do it. Again, talent. She has it in spades.

Okay, so the Hard quarantine players went
2 wins 12 losses Men. Those wins were against other HQ players. There was no huge names in HQ and not as strong as the girls.
5 wins, 5 losses for the girls, which is a lot more even. But big losses to Azarenka and Sakkari, and Bencic survived. but it is not as big a factor as the men. I am not sure who they played as well.
(1 player in HQ is in the 3rd round. Ann Li is on a run and just defeated Cornet.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just so disappointing. Hack opponents who’s best attribute is being ‘tricky’ do my head in. I want talent to prevail. I mean the result is what it is, but so disappointing.

Sabalenka wins, looks destined to equal her career best slam result, and will need to knock off Serena to reach the QF. She can do it. Again, talent. She has it in spades.

Agree on Sabalenko that will be a very good match

Just so disappointing. Hack opponents who’s best attribute is being ‘tricky’ do my head in. I want talent to prevail.
What is talent? The person who can hit the hardest? Or put the most spin on the ball? Or who can tactically construct points the best? Or being the best server? Or using the skillset you have to beat the opponent in front of you?

The great thing about tennis is that players bring different things to the contest and use what skills or talent they have to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back