Streaming The STAN thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably been covered on here but Normal People has really grabbed me.

I finished it quite quickly but introduced it to a mate on the weekend and we smoked joints and binged like 8 episodes. Getting a lot more out of it the 2nd time round too.

Damn I love it. The acting from everyone, the dialogue, the story, just how... normal they all are. Wouldn't mind reading the book.

It's a brilliant book, and I like how it and the show have differences that both work in their own way (I felt the book explored the politics of them both more, having it set with them coming out of school in 2009 and so deals with the effects of the recession on Connell's background, where the show probably tackles their mental health problems more directly). I also think the writing is really phenomenal, much as the show was so wonderfully put together.

Along with The Good Lord Bird (also on Stan), two series of the last year that were adaptations of books that I loved and just knocked it out of the park.

Best thing I've found about Stan is it's odd range of movies. You can find some real classics on there which is great, don't find that on Netflix. Amazon Prime is the same to an extent but the catalogue is much smaller.

Its pretty good , season 5 has just been announced..
Looks like it will be the last..

After all these years finally got around to start watching Rectify , enjoying it so far..
Rectify is phenomenal. A slow burn but phenomenal.

I started watching it last night based on your recommendation and a 7+ imdb rating. About 6 eps in. I have not laughed once but I am intrigued enough to keep watching. There's a lot of 'oh hey that person was in such and such' going on.
Each to their own. The dialogue is very clever and dry. I remember lol at the scene where Dory was in the wrong bedroom after the sweeping build up.

Each to their own. The dialogue is very clever and dry. I remember lol at the scene where Dory was in the wrong bedroom after the sweeping build up.
Yeah I'm not saying it's s**t, just not many laughs for me.

Did get a couple last night though when the hillbilly introduced the detective to his 'wife' in the forest.

She's not much of a talker..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This drops Friday. Yes please.

There is that stupid rights issue where they can't mention Hannibal Lecter by name, similar to the Sarah Connor Chronicles where they weren't allowed to say 'Terminator' during episodes. Once you know that fact, it's hard not noticing them skirting around it.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see how the show goes.

Great start.

Love that the lead actress is an Aussie as well.
We are gonna start it today. Is it weekly releases?
There is that stupid rights issue where they can't mention Hannibal Lecter by name, similar to the Sarah Connor Chronicles where they weren't allowed to say 'Terminator' during episodes. Once you know that fact, it's hard not noticing them skirting around it.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see how the show goes.
Oh, didn't know that. Oh well, not a big deal for me fi it is well made.

I'm loving all the old Cannon Films they are releasing over time on Stan. Used to watch a few of them as a kid and enjoyed them quite a bit. They ain't Oscar contenders but glorious trash entertainment.

Chuck Norris' Delta Force
Most of Charles Bronson from the 80s
American Ninja series
Masters of the Universe
Over The Top
Cyborg

Are ones available at the moment.

Hopefully they release Enter the Ninja Trilogy or Lifeforce at some stage.

So I finally watched the recently released Cannon film Bolero having heard of it through that Cannon doco a while back. Jesus... no wonder when they talked about it in the doco is was through a grey mist. The film is... I don't know... descriptions like boring, nudity, sex, more boring, badly acted... nothing, nothing story written by what seemed like a couple of ignorant teenagers. Its Tommy Wiseau if he had done a film in the 80s. He'd have been perfect for the bullfighter role. Nonsensical to the extreme. No wonder MGM dumped Cannon at the time.

Last edited:
Made for Love is.....

idk wat.

Not that funny for starters

It's quirky and dark too, I didn't mind it. (Aside from some odd scenes)

Have you seen Black Mirror or Palm Springs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back