Mega Thread Get Stuffed McGuire The Swans Bigfooty Podcast (All Eddie angst, rants go in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good Grief. This feels like an invitation to go into a massive rave. Fidel Castro in his pomp, could deliver 8 hour long monologues on Cuban Telly. I expect most Bloods fans and other decent people who follow footy could do the same.

The first question is where to start when offered the opportunity of shooting a puffer fish in a bowl.

The second question is whether the McGuire troll should be fed. I honestly believe the bloke is enjoying the attention he is receiving. Most humans called Eddie would have been aghast if Etihad stadium was mispronounced as Eddieshead. I suspect McGuire loved it.

wonder where we would stand generally as supporters if mcguire and pridham switched places

As i notice all the pies fans (generally all) think he did nothing wrong, innocent mistake, swans fans think he is doing what he always done and being a dick

wonder where we would stand generally as supporters if mcguire and pridham switched places

As i notice all the pies fans (generally all) think he did nothing wrong, innocent mistake, swans fans think he is doing what he always done and being a dick

Good question. His 'crime' seemed casually and inadvertently committed. Nonetheless he is a repeat offender. He is just a limited person who craves public attention. McGuire would wake today scouring the media for mention of his name. His noggin and ego would have swollen to a point where Tensing (sp?) and Hillary could not have hoped to scale it.

Here's the problem.
He is the president of another rival club.
He commentates on rival clubs' matches.
He should be removed from such a situation & the fact that he hasn't after 20 years of such conflicts suggests that he can't be removed.
The sooner everyone understands his egotistical propaganda machine, the sooner we will start fixing the big issue that is currently being maintained as the National VFL competition.

It’s not a matter of them switching places.
It’s a matter of what they do and what they’re perceived to stand for.

Eddie could be biggest proponent of Northern football, I still wouldn’t excuse his bullying, his faux apologies in which it’s always my fault I’ve been offended, nor his misogynistic comments that have littered his career for multiple decades.

That’s where I stand.

It’s not a matter of them switching places.
It’s a matter of what they do and what they’re perceived to stand for.

Eddie could be biggest proponent of Northern football, I still wouldn’t excuse his bullying, his faux apologies in which it’s always my fault I’ve been offended, nor his misogynistic comments that have littered his career for multiple decades.

That’s where I stand.

Yep just thinking out loud,

Even changing tact like I often wonder if the drugs saga happened at Sydney how far I would support them in the situation

Well written article, nice that there is still the odd journo out there that still knows how to articulate properly.

Eddy keeps saying that he had absolutely no idea Cynthia had a disability, something I thought I'd read a few posters on here say also, what I don't get is how could he see the coin toss but not notice the walking stick upon which she was obviously leaning and relying heavily upon?
At the game I didn't pay much attention to the toss either and had no idea who was doing it, but thought from the get go that it was someone with a disability because personally, I wouldn't have thought that many people these days use a walking aid for shits and giggles or as a fashion statement!

Well written article, nice that there is still the odd journo out there that still knows how to articulate properly.

Eddy keeps saying that he had absolutely no idea Cynthia had a disability, something I thought I'd read a few posters on here say also, what I don't get is how could he see the coin toss but not notice the walking stick upon which she was obviously leaning and relying heavily upon?
At the game I didn't pay much attention to the toss either and had no idea who was doing it, but thought from the get go that it was someone with a disability because personally, I wouldn't have thought that many people these days use a walking aid for shits and giggles or as a fashion statement!

an idea would be just not to say anything negative about whoever tosses the coin.

What if it is a perfectly able bodied person who is just a bit nervous, not as bad to "make fun of" of course, but still could be embarrassing.

We are all human, all make silly mistakes, the world does tend to be over the top PC, but if you a tv/radio presenter who has been caught out a few times, why not perhaps just avoid any sort of negative commentary around anyone, then you wont be in this position, just dont comment on the toss of the coin or a member of the public as an attempt at "humour". Then it wont matter if you know her or not, I had no idea who she was either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

an idea would be just not to say anything negative about whoever tosses the coin.

What if it is a perfectly able bodied person who is just a bit nervous, not as bad to "make fun of" of course, but still could be embarrassing.

We are all human, all make silly mistakes, the world does tend to be over the top PC, but if you a tv/radio presenter who has been caught out a few times, why not perhaps just avoid any sort of negative commentary around anyone, then you wont be in this position, just dont comment on the toss of the coin or a member of the public as an attempt at "humour". Then it wont matter if you know her or not, I had no idea who she was either

That makes far too much sense!

Seems a logical idea to you and I Kingy, but this is Eddy we are talking about....

maybe Sydney should take melbournes banner lead, except we could run through a banner of Eddies negative comments towards our club and people affiliated or supporting it
:thumbsupemoji::sweatsmile::clapping:Brilliant idea, would be great if this was to happen in our next game v the Pies. The comments on that would be VERY interesting.

We are all human, all make silly mistakes, the world does tend to be over the top PC, but if you a tv/radio presenter who has been caught out a few times, why not perhaps just avoid any sort of negative commentary around anyone, then you wont be in this position, just dont comment on the toss of the coin or a member of the public as an attempt at "humour".
Exactly. Any professional commentator is careful what they say at all times.

A commentator is someone who is paid megabucks to make words come out of their own mouths. The truly professional ones actually monitor themselves and think before they speak. If Eddie considers himself an actual professional he should do the same.

Anywhere else in the world he would of been sacked immediately after the King Kong gaffe, if you see a umpire assisting a coin tosser and she is leaning heavily on a walking stick its pretty obvious she has a mobility issue.

I don't like Eddie. And I hate how he and others sought to minimise the overt racism directed at Adam Goodes.

And I appreciate the hurt that even casual racism causes to so many in our society.

But I have to say I'm a little uncomfortable with how this has all gone down.

I don't like "-isms" having subjective rather than objective definitions. I don't like the speed with which ALL of society are expected to move as dictated by only a small minority of society. Even if the "progress" is in a good direction, there seems to be less persuasion and more vitriol and abuse directed towards those less politically nimble.

I don't like Eddie. And I hate how he and others sought to minimise the overt racism directed at Adam Goodes.

And I appreciate the hurt that even casual racism causes to so many in our society.

But I have to say I'm a little uncomfortable with how this has all gone down.

I don't like "-isms" having subjective rather than objective definitions. I don't like the speed with which ALL of society are expected to move as dictated by only a small minority of society. Even if the "progress" is in a good direction, there seems to be less persuasion and more vitriol and abuse directed towards those less politically nimble.

Not quite understanding what you’re uncomfortable with Bruce. As regards Eddie he refused to accept Lumumba was called chimp and had a moral right to support Goodes at Eddies expense and that that was racist in context. Clearly was both in terms of the chimp remark and the Goodes ape remark. He then commissioned a report to prove there was no racism only that the report instead found systemic racism coming from the top. He then sought to conceal the report and then diminish it when revealed so to push his agenda that there wasn’t racism - even adopting the misnomer it was a ‘proud’ day that CFC systemic racism was exposed.

I have my reservations for the outcry over Australia Day and things like the vaccine being available to indigenous over age 55 but not me at 63. Too far maybe but the health stats may support it. Eddies situation though falls fairly as racism protesting itself in the form of a middle aged bigot. Rather than being too fast ,long overdue in his case

Not quite understanding what you’re uncomfortable with Bruce. As regards Eddie he refused to accept Lumumba was called chimp and had a moral right to support Goodes at Eddies expense and that that was racist in context. Clearly was both in terms of the chimp remark and the Goodes ape remark. He then commissioned a report to prove there was no racism only that the report instead found systemic racism coming from the top. He then sought to conceal the report and then diminish it when revealed so to push his agenda that there wasn’t racism - even adopting the misnomer it was a ‘proud’ day that CFC systemic racism was exposed.

I have my reservations for the outcry over Australia Day and things like the vaccine being available to indigenous over age 55 but not me at 63. Too far maybe but the health stats may support it. Eddies situation though falls fairly as racism protesting itself in the form of a middle aged bigot. Rather than being too fast ,long overdue in his case

Maybe I shouldn’t have commented because I’m not across it in enough detail but I just hate these mob forced resignations. And maybe it’s just me but Lumumba just doesn’t seem to me to have the authenticity of Goodes, the Krakouers, Winmar etc.

Maybe I shouldn’t have commented because I’m not across it in enough detail but I just hate these mob forced resignations. And maybe it’s just me but Lumumba just doesn’t seem to me to have the authenticity of Goodes, the Krakouers, Winmar etc.

You could perhaps put all the "isms" aside and look at it from a competence perspective.
What he did in the press conference was phenomenally stupid. Does Collingwood want someone with such fundamentally poor judgment as its President?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back