Society/Culture Can we please stop equating the risk posed by left wing extremists with that of right wing extremists?

Remove this Banner Ad

See, that's the trouble with completely shunning an identity in order to make your arguments stronger: when you attempt sincerity, people still look sideways at you, waiting for the penny to drop. You 'come off that way' because that's the way you behave. You defend reprehensible sh*t, you perpetuate misinformation, and you genuinely troll just for the lulz.

Why would someone try to reach you with their arguments if you're the least sincere poster here?
Reprehensible s**t? Insincerity? You got me confused with someone else bruv.

Is the sky Catholic?

Sure isn't that where Heaven is? :rainbow:

Stairway-to-Heaven-B.jpg

No, it doesn't say that. Anarchism exists on both the left and the right side of politics:

Issues in anarchism - Wikipedia

Left wing anarchists believe that anarchism removes hierarchies (namely the State, and hierarchies it supports and allows to prosper). Right wing anarchists seek removal of the State to allow those very hierarchies to flourish (in the same way that 'libertarians' argue for 'small Government' so they can freely racially abuse people and be free of regulations that stop them acting unscrupulously).

I'm left wing, and I oppose anarchism because I think the libertarians and right wing anarchists are onto something. If the State is removed and we're reduced to a state of anarchy (the Zombie apocalypse hits), the State is simply replaced with 'Mob Rule' and a 'Dog eat Dog' mentality, meaning the disadvantaged in society (women, ethnic minorities, religious minorities, homosexuals, the disabled, the poor etc) cop it in the neck.

'Every man for himself' does nothing to remove hierarchies; it just allows them to flourish.
Anarcho-capitalism often thought of as "fascism looking for a leader".

Thanks, but I don't understand. Mass killers crave notoriety. I am suggesting that we strip them of said notoriety. In NZ they even blur out the shooters face on the news.

We can acknowledge and discuss the horrific tragedy that occurred without mentioning the perpetrators name on a daily basis and using it as a point scoring exercise.

On a serious note, I think a lot of that is just a very human fascination for the imperfect, the disfunctioning, the outsider in our society. Their acts are repulsive but everyone knows the name Ivan Milat. Names like Jeffery Dahmer and John Wayne Gacy were known and talked about.

People who do things that are completely against societal norms become known for those very things. It transcends ideological motivation once it gets to that point.

'This person did horrible things to other people. Wow.'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a serious note, I think a lot of that is just a very human fascination for the imperfect, the disfunctioning, the outsider in our society. Their acts are repulsive but everyone knows the name Ivan Milat. Names like Jeffery Dahmer and John Wayne Gacy were known and talked about.

People who do things that are completely against societal norms become known for those very things. It transcends ideological motivation once it gets to that point.

I've got no fascination with the Christchurch killer because he made it very clear why he did it. There are still so many unknowns about the three guys you mentioned.

Thanks, but I don't understand. Mass killers crave notoriety. I am suggesting that we strip them of said notoriety. In NZ they even blur out the shooters face on the news.

We can acknowledge and discuss the horrific tragedy that occurred without mentioning the perpetrators name on a daily basis and using it as a point scoring exercise.

Jesus started a movement that killed millions of people.

You celebrate his birthday.

Well looks the the far left, specifically the BLM movement fostered by the media just cost Eddie McGuire his job and will gradually tearing this nation apart.

That pot was boiling for Eddie ever since he suggested Adam Goodes could play King Kong... after it was known that he was called 'chimp' and 'monkey' and 'ape' by racists in the footy crowd.

It may have been a case of the rest of his brain having an R.D.O while he worked the jaw that time, but he said that. People remember.

I've got no fascination with the Christchurch killer because he made it very clear why he did it. There are still so many unknowns about the three guys you mentioned.

I find myself fascinated with how people fall into extremism. I think the tipping points in a person's life where such things become a 'valid' option are telling, and containg extremism at large depends on examining those moments.

I'm fascinated by true crime and psychology, but the line between fascination and approval can become blurred for some. For example, Ted Bundy had "groupies" turn up to his court dates, which is sickening.

I find myself fascinated with how people fall into extremism. I think the tipping points in a person's life where such things become a 'valid' option are telling, and containg extremism at large depends on examining those moments.
physiology and psychology are the most interesting parts of medicine in my vague opinion.. interesting to note that none of us are immune to the
level of scare tactics and this is obvious.. for those who are relatively unhinged.. it is equal to a rocking hundred morning that we all somehow
get to the bottom of what ails us.. we all belong in the end.. strategy is always useless when we try and travel too far too quick..

Has it? Must have imagined the months of riots by Antifa / BLM. Trump and all republicans have condemned the morons who stormed the capital and pleaded with them to cease. Biden / Harris paid bail for those who rioted on “their side”
You did imagine this obviously unless you are one who lies to themselves to justify their own idiocy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back