NRL NRL season 2021: 3 days to go

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG
saw on Facey a few reckoned it was Trent Robinson, but I'd LOVE if it was Ivan Cleary
To me it screams Ricky Stuart, but if it were Robinson I feel like "Don't you know who I am?" is a fair enough question, No idea who you are mate

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I mean, Folau is a piece of sh*t and definitely shouldn’t be let back in the game, but it would be quite hypocritical to not allow him back when we have other pieces of sh*t like Matt Lodge and Russel Packer allowed to play after their incidents
You're right. Around the world there's a lot of sportspeople playing again after some pretty poor behaviour.

It's a very pick and choose when it does or doesn't suit mentality.

FWIW, someone's private thoughts and beliefs are of no concern to anyone else, if Falou has agreements in place where he won't share his religious anti-gay views in public then that's good enough for me. I'm not running a moral compass over the competition to see what views players may or may not hold privately.

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG

DaRenegade

NRL > AFL
Dec 22, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Cam McInnes has done his ACL and is out for the season, impeccable timing with his move to the Sharks next year looming, poor bloke. Dragons are about to sign Andrew McCullough anyway, but that is big shoes to fill and Macca is a bit past his best

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Huge year for the Titans.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
You're right. Around the world there's a lot of sportspeople playing again after some pretty poor behaviour.

It's a very pick and choose when it does or doesn't suit mentality.

FWIW, someone's private thoughts and beliefs are of no concern to anyone else, if Falou has agreements in place where he won't share his religious anti-gay views in public then that's good enough for me. I'm not running a moral compass over the competition to see what views players may or may not hold privately.
I think with Folau the issue really stems from how publically he has declared his views.

Like it or not his views on homosexuality are simply not palatable in modern society, let alone a national competition.

I agree with the other points on the picking and choosing what constitutes a player being given their marching orders and what doesn’t but Folau shouldn’t be given another run here, just because he’s not going to be posting, he’ll still be preaching and that’s not okay for me.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I think with Folau the issue really stems from how publically he has declared his views.

Like it or not his views on homosexuality are simply not palatable in modern society, let alone a national competition.

I agree with the other points on the picking and choosing what constitutes a player being given their marching orders and what doesn’t but Folau shouldn’t be given another run here, just because he’s not going to be posting, he’ll still be preaching and that’s not okay for me.
But if he doesn't breach the agreed rules, wouldn't that be discrimination by religious basis which is illegal?

I'm not defending him if he does breach the agreement, but if he doesn't, you can't punish him for his religious beliefs and practices.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
But if he doesn't breach the agreed rules, wouldn't that be discrimination by religious basis which is illegal?

I'm not defending him if he does breach the agreement, but if he doesn't, you can't punish him for his religious beliefs and practices.
None of that’s applicable if you don’t hire him at all.

No club is obligated too and the reality is no club should commercially.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
None of that’s applicable if you don’t hire him at all.

No club is obligated too and the reality is no club should commercially.
Yeh that was my first point, he can play but it would be a media circus and not sure his ability would outweigh that.

That's a decision for the NRL/club but if he is hired, as long as he doesn't breach any agreed rules I dont think you can you can not hire someone or punish someone for their religious beliefs. That to me would be discrimination.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Huge year for the Titans.

I rate their forwards and think Fifita is going to be an absolute star, hes unstoppable at times but I still have question marks over their backs.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeh that was my first point, he can play but it would be a media circus and not sure his ability would outweigh that.

That's a decision for the NRL/club but if he is hired, as long as he doesn't breach any agreed rules I dont think you can you can not hire someone or punish someone for their religious beliefs. That to me would be discrimination.
You can not hire someone for any reason you like, if you just don’t disclose that reason. I also think stating that the person in consideration (Folau in this instance) isn’t the right fit for the culture of the club or the league, which is effectively what V’Landys said, is completely acceptable.

They’re not discriminating him on religious grounds, their discriminating him because of his views on homosexuality (I realise it’s difficult to disassociate the two but that’s what’s happening) and that being completely against the competitions code of conduct.

DaRenegade

NRL > AFL
Dec 22, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Cam Smith still not made a decision... what a truly weird and wonderful set up.

Harry Grant is officially locked in at the storm now correct? Cam can’t come and usurp him at the 11th hour?

nothing is certain atm, i wish it would be before my SuperCoach draft in a few weeks as it'll affect if I touch Grant or let him slide haha

Back