Recommitted Fischer McAsey - signed contract extension until 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Worell is gone as far as I understand it.
Club is worried about Fisher as well.
I'm saying is 70/30 with him leaving.
There is a reason the club went heavy SA, and it wasn't because of Brad Crouch leaving.
The list management guys have a pretty good idea on which players will leave and which ones won't.

There is a reason the club went heavy SA, and it wasn't because of Brad Crouch leaving.
The list management guys have a pretty good idea on which players will leave and which ones won't.
Do you think Worrell makes a go down back or forward?

Looks like both McAsey & Worell will re-sign with the Crows.

Appears Nicks has turned around the vibe at the club.

Looks like both McAsey & Worell will re-sign with the Crows.

Appears Nicks has turned around the vibe at the club.
Will be an excellent result if it happens. Almost a line in the sand moment with nicks really starting to make his mark on the club. 2 years ago both players had they been there would almost certainly have up sticks and left with the old management in charge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s going on with this kid? I saw a bit of today’s game and he looks a mile off Afl quality. Slow, not very agile, poor reader of the ball, looks disinterested. Why was he picked so high? Has he checked out already? Crisis of confidence?
I know he was high pick but he wouldn’t be worth much in a trade. Puts Adelaide in a tough position.
Worrell seems to have a lot more upside.

Last edited:
What’s going on with this kid? I saw a bit of today’s game and he looks a mile off Afl quality. Slow, not very agile, poor reader of the ball, looks disinterested. Why was he picked so high? Has he checked out already? Crisis of confidence?
I know he was high pick but he wouldn’t be worth much in a trade. Puts Adelaide in a tough position.
Worrell seems to have a lot more upside.

Maybe because it was a preseason scratch match and judging a player solely by one is stupid? Otherwise I reckon you could torch 3/4's of the team who played today. The kid is going to be a very good player long term and if he wanted out clubs would stump up a bit to get him.

Maybe because it was a preseason scratch match and judging a player solely by one is stupid? Otherwise I reckon you could torch 3/4's of the team who played today. The kid is going to be a very good player long term and if he wanted out clubs would stump up a bit to get him.
I watched a lot of him last year as well as he’s regularly linked with us. Just wondering what were his attributes that got him drafted so high?

Big step up from TAC footy to play key defence at AFL level level. Don't think he's much of a contested player, more of a Jake Lever-style interceptor without his early output.

Weitering was pretty poor one-on-one early days, so he can turn it around, but I think McAsey would be better used as a straight-line forward.
He was a very good contested mark in TAC cup level and looked good one on one.

It's just a huge ask to expect the same in his first year of senior footy though.

He was a very good contested mark in TAC cup level and looked good one on one.

It's just a huge ask to expect the same in his first year of senior footy though.
I think his marking is a bit overhyped from the TAC cup. He was the beneficiary of an average draft in terms of key forwards and pretty average ball use. Taking marks at that level doesn’t mean it will translate especially when he’s not very athletic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back