Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
I haven't read about any other serial kilers wearing underwear on their heads specifically but there are/were many cross-dressing serial killers, a few that come to mind are :
How could you forget one of Australia's worst serial Killers

Christopher Bernard Wilder who Andrew Byrne claims in the below podcast (and probably in his book on Wilder), that Wilder had a hiding place in his parents Australian house that he liked to watch his mother undress from, and that he liked to put his mothers clothes on.

There's a fairly new thread created on him in Bigfooty here

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Perhaps he sent the police photos. Or was taking underwear from clotheslines in Claremont. I can't think of any other explanation why WAPOL would ask such as question. Can anyone else shed some light on why that question would be asked.

This was discussed a bit in this same thread a few weeks back from 17 Jan 2021.

I tried to present a possibly alternative theory on this.
Looks like I failed.

Willow weeps

All Australian
Dec 21, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Perhaps he sent the police photos. Or was taking underwear from clotheslines in Claremont. I can't think of any other explanation why WAPOL would ask such as question. Can anyone else shed some light on why that question would be asked.
I'm positive it was in the Stalking Claremont book that underwear was going missing before the murders began. Pretty sure Wygers brought it up at the council meetings regarding crimes in the Claremont area too

broken paradigm

Team Captain
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast

There was female clothing items found at Jane's site that did not belong to Jane. Maybe the items included adjusted underwear similar to those items found at Edwards' Acton Avenue home when he was arrested in 2016?

broken paradigm

Team Captain
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm positive it was in the Stalking Claremont book that underwear was going missing before the murders began. Pretty sure Wygers brought it up at the council meetings regarding crimes in the Claremont area too

The only reference I have read to underwear going missing was from 1988 in Huntingdale. I've not heard of snowdroppers acting out in Claremont although it is possible given that snowdroppers are in most suburbs imo.

Likeamystery

All Australian
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
That was probably how they knew then. The Claremont residents reported missing clothes, to the police, but the matter wasn't reported by the media. Perhaps those locals were told not to speak to the media about the matter.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
I'm positive it was in the Stalking Claremont book that underwear was going missing before the murders began.
I think you are mistaken.
I've done a digital search of the ebook using a variety of word searches that might find reference to underwear going missing in Claremont pre 1996 and can't see anything.

However, I also recall reading or hearing (podcast?) about reports of underwear going missing in Claremont.
If our recollection is correct, whether it was speculation or fact is the question.

imho

Team Captain
Dec 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

That was probably how they knew then. The Claremont residents reported missing clothes, to the police, but the matter wasn't reported by the media. Perhaps those locals were told not to speak to the media about the matter.

if, as willow suggested, the thefts were before the murders began, i doubt any caution would have been issued to locals in regard to not speaking with the media, because i doubt the media would have had much, if any, interest/care factor in such a matter
... it is only much later, with hindsight, that parallels have been drawn.
in fact, i'd dare go as far as to say the thick-as-two-short-planks cops themselves likely had zero to very little interest/care factor judging by the far too many years it took to resurface the infamous kimono that was abandoned during a home invasion of a sexual nature.
imho

Last edited:

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I've done a digital search of the ebook using a variety of word searches that might find reference to underwear going missing in Claremont pre 1996 and can't see anything.

However, I also recall reading or hearing (podcast?) about reports of underwear going missing in Claremont.
If our recollection is correct, whether it was speculation or fact is the question.
IIRC there was mention from somewhere of clothing going missing from clothes lines in the surrounding areas of the cemetery, no specific items mentioned.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
When does everyone think that the West Australian Newspaper will remove it's online front page section headings called
"Claremont Serial Killings"?

I wildly speculate that the only reason it is still there, is that the 'West' has a cunning plan with some input from the Elton clan?

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 7.57.10 pm.png

Last edited:

Willow weeps

All Australian
Dec 21, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle

Could you please look up Claremont local crime meeting with Wygers & the minutes taken at the meeting? I know there was one meeting that the Mayor was going to that wasn't a council meeting, it was like a local "crime stoppers" meeting that involved the people of Claremont & not an official council meeting

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Could you please look up Claremont local crime meeting with Wygers & the minutes taken at the meeting? I know there was one meeting that the Mayor was going to that wasn't a council meeting, it was like a local "crime stoppers" meeting that involved the people of Claremont & not an official council meeting

Are you sure it wasn't the Councils Night Safety Committee?

In April, five weeks after the attack on the young woman in Church Lane, next to Club Bayview, police inspector Con Calameri had told Claremont’s new Night Safety Committee meeting that Claremont was safe.
(Christian, Bret. Stalking Claremont (p. 44). ABC Books. Kindle Edition.)

In May 1996, a bailiff had gatecrashed the Claremont Council chambers, interrupting its Night Safety Committee meeting, which had been convened to address local crime in the wake of Sarah Spiers’ disappearance that January. The committee included district police chief Con Calameri and local police, local residents, business leaders and council rangers, as well as Dr Jon Sainken (the owner of Club Bayview) and Peter Weygers. Its priorities were the installation of more public phones and a secure taxi rank, with a concierge to take the names of young women entering cabs. These were troubled times.
(Christian, Bret. Stalking Claremont (p. 45). ABC Books. Kindle Edition.)

Notes and Sources
32. Reported crimes around the time of the Hollywood Hospital assault: In one issue of the Post that year, September 4, 1990, the paper reported five counts of indecent assault on young boys in local parks, and other local crimes including wilful exposure, thefts and burglaries.

(Christian, Bret. Stalking Claremont (p. 386). ABC Books. Kindle Edition.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Are you sure it wasn't the Councils Night Safety Committee?

In April, five weeks after the attack on the young woman in Church Lane, next to Club Bayview, police inspector Con Calameri had told Claremont’s new Night Safety Committee meeting that Claremont was safe.

In May 1996, a bailiff had gatecrashed the Claremont Council chambers, interrupting its Night Safety Committee meeting, which had been convened to address local crime in the wake of Sarah Spiers’ disappearance that January. The committee included district police chief Con Calameri and local police, local residents, business leaders and council rangers, as well as Dr Jon Sainken (the owner of Club Bayview) and Peter Weygers. Its priorities were the installation of more public phones and a secure taxi rank, with a concierge to take the names of young women entering cabs. These were troubled times.
(Christian, Bret. Stalking Claremont (p. 45). ABC Books. Kindle Edition.)

Notes and Sources
32. Reported crimes around the time of the Hollywood Hospital assault: In one issue of the Post that year, September 4, 1990, the paper reported five counts of indecent assault on young boys in local parks, and other local crimes including wilful exposure, thefts and burglaries.

(Christian, Bret. Stalking Claremont (p. 386). ABC Books. Kindle Edition.)
'......the paper reported five counts of indecent assault on young boys in local parks.....' eeeeekk !!

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas

So, In early April 1996
(the Church Lane attack was around 2am on 3 March 1996),
Inspector Chile/Artist/Calamari/Squid/Rings or Chips reckoned Claremont was safe.

Was this possibly the same detective who's workmates outsourced door knocking around Rowe Park Claremont in February 1995, to the Jehovah Witnesses?

Some of the script from the earlier days of this case looks like it fell right out of the pages of a Ben Elton dark satirical comedy/book.

Many probably won't be surprised to read this and some of you have heard it already, from a very reliable source but as yet unverified. Could this be why his history is being kept quiet?

It goes something like this: BRE did a stint under the care and treatment of a psychiatrist as a sex pest in a facility for juveniles. The clinic is thought to possibly be Hillview in Victoria Park.

Keep in mind, this is unverified.

Likeamystery

All Australian
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Many probably won't be surprised to read this and some of you have heard it already, from a very reliable source but as yet unverified. Could this be why his history is being kept quiet?

It goes something like this: BRE did a stint under the care and treatment of a psychiatrist as a sex pest in a facility for juveniles. The clinic is thought to possibly be Hillview in Victoria Park.

Keep in mind, this is unverified.
That makes sense, because I was told his juvenile record had been opened. That was from a friend of a friend of a friend though.

Within another forum Redact bought to our attention that a child psychiatrist who formerly worked at Hillview Terrace Hospital, had been arrested, for sexual abuse – about 2015/2016. Ian Stuart McAlpine was charged with 40 child sex offences, 24 years after the alleged incidents.

The hospital/clinic operated on the corner of Hillview Tce and Albany Hwy, St James. Children and teenagers were sent there to see psychiatrists, with all sorts of problems, and sometimes stayed overnight. Back in the 1980s Huntingdale would have been within the catchment of that centre.

McAlpine was charged with offences alleged to have occurred between 1985 and 1992 and allegedly involved children aged 11 and 17 years.

The 68-year-old [McAlpine]West Leederville man is alleged to have sexually assaulted three children while practicing as a child psychiatrist at Hillview Terrace Hospital, Cambridge Private Hospital and a practice in Subiaco. [I think the victims were two girls and a boy].

Child sex allegations against ex-psychiatrist | The West Australian

Last edited:
That makes sense, because I was told his juvenile record had been opened.

The magistrate at sentencing for the Hollywood Hospital attack when on the job for Telstra at the time, would also have had access to his juvenile records.

That might be why, on seeing those records the magistrate realised that while he was dealing with a charge of common assault, there was more to it and ordered him on to the sex offenders course. BRE already had form.

That might be why, on seeing those records the magistrate realised that while he was dealing with a charge of common assault, there was more to it and ordered him on to the sex offenders course. He already had form.

Sorry to quote myself but to follow on from that, we were all asking what it was the magistrate knew that had him doing a sex offenders course and that we couldn't see? He saw his juvenile history and now a sex offenders course would make sense in that light. imo.

Krusty Crab

Team Captain
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
As there hasn't been a woman who came forward, to shed some light on the matter, perhaps it's more like a family incident.

He's got a significant sexual problem and I don't suppose family members were spared from any grief.

If the previously discussed rumours are true, im thinking the Gosnells police were possibly more onto the Huntingdale prowler problem than the lack lustre response most people think these crimes got. could there have been more to the prowler series than what we were told, and these crimes were dealt with by the details in the rumour put forward by Kurve? as they were already dealt with and in a sealed juvenile record, would this limit the availability to bring up the info at trial?

If the previously discussed rumours are true, im thinking the Gosnells police were possibly more onto the Huntingdale prowler problem than the lack lustre response most people think these crimes got. could there have been more to the prowler series than what we were told, and these crimes were dealt with by the details in the rumour put forward by Kurve? as they were already dealt with and in a sealed juvenile record, would this limit the availability to bring up the info at trial?

I think he was 19yo through the prowler series so out of juvie and into adult offending. Treatment at Hillview if the information is right, ceased at 18yo.

thats only the prowling we know about. previous prowling may have been covered off in the juvenile charges.

Yes, maybe although they can't be completely covered off. The cops can access juvenile records but I'm not sure if they would come up on a basic search?

He could have started to escalate and run right off the rails too if and when treatment finished at 18yo. I think eventually we'll find out for sure.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas

BRE was 19yo in 1988 (Huntingdale prowler year) and had already been working at Telstra for nearly 2 years.

Surely BRE's juve record did not get added to after he turned 18 in Dec 1986, and became his Adult criminal record?

Maybe both before and after he turned 18 he committed crimes against minors that were all suppressed because of the minor aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back