Training To hell and back but we never actually left hell (Preseason thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

We have no luck with injuries, especially new recruits. Here is an example of a Melbourne player making breakfast.

And then when they feed their dog, the dog bites them and causes them to nearly lose a finger. They then go lift some weights, the weight drops on their foot.

I came in here and asked about him before this, so I hope you are not including me in that, and I am interested in how he goes as he was a fairly controversial trade and a bloke who should have won 2 x Coleman Medals.

Reports this year are as follows:

1) He kicked 6 in the quarter of a practice match.
2) His knee has flared up.

If he's getting surgery then that means:

1) They HAVE identified an issue.
2) The believe they CAN fix it.

For the life of me, I can never understand how player trades turn in competitions between supporters.
it’s footy. In terms of players a lot of people treat it as love/hate. I love him and defend him for my team, trade colours and I always hated the prick and he is no good.

Its stupid but it’s inescapable. Hopefully BB will be on the mend soon and able to entertain.

it’s footy. In terms of players a lot of people treat it as love/hate. I love him and defend him for my team, trade colours and I always hated the prick and he is no good.

Its stupid but it’s inescapable. Hopefully BB will be on the mend soon and able to entertain.

Who could applaud themselves the winner of something as random as a trade that involves picks & players?

It's pure chance.

Who could applaud themselves the winner of something as random as a trade that involves picks & players?

It's pure chance.
indeed. I hope very much for the season that it has some home games that I can attend, and that the quality of televised matches is okay - last season was weird but I thought the majority of finals matches were good to watch.

other than that I obviously hope Melbourne are invincible and win the flag and embarrass the competition through their brilliance, but I realise that could be a slightly lower percentage hope

Pretty lucky that Brown has come to the dees at this stage of his career. The influx of North supporters here telling us how he's always injured or carrying something means he wasn't getting much help from the north medicos.

In fact here's the LinkedIn of the north head doctor

Now he's at a real club with professionals, we should be able to get him going again. Internet_20210205_072839.jpeg

Pretty lucky that Brown has come to the dees at this stage of his career. The influx of North supporters here telling us how he's always injured or carrying something means he wasn't getting much help from the north medicos.

In fact here's the LinkedIn of the north head doctor

Now he's at a real club with professionals, we should be able to get him going again.View attachment 1051650
Isn't that Brown's twin brother????

I came in here and asked about him before this, so I hope you are not including me in that, and I am interested in how he goes as he was a fairly controversial trade and a bloke who should have won 2 x Coleman Medals.

Reports this year are as follows:

1) He kicked 6 in the quarter of a practice match.
2) His knee has flared up.

If he's getting surgery then that means:

1) They HAVE identified an issue.
2) The believe they CAN fix it.

For the life of me, I can never understand how player trades turn in competitions between supporters.
Seeing as neither of us are remotely close to winning a flag we have to argue for a win wherever we can get it, even if it is over something trivial and ultimately not important like a trade.

Seeing as neither of us are remotely close to winning a flag we have to argue for a win wherever we can get it, even if it is over something trivial and ultimately not important like a trade.

I wouldn't say it was "unimportant", but what rational person can claim one upmanship over how a trade works out?

The people who carry on about this lack the footy nuance to understand why list rebuilds, top ups or changes in team strategies create trades in the first place.

I wouldn't say it was "unimportant", but what rational person can claim one upmanship over how a trade works out?

The people who carry on about this lack the footy nuance to understand why list rebuilds, top ups or changes in team strategies create trades in the first place.
Also if Brown does 5 consecutive ACLs and ends up in jail it's a bad trade.

If he kicks 107 goals in his first season it's a great trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just seen that Hannan still has a dodgy groin at the Dogs and will miss the start of the season.

Poor bloke - has he ever had a full pre-season? Doesn't seem like his body is up to it and i'm glad we moved him on and took a couple of talented young blokes that can play HFF.

So apparently when the old blokes did a bit of a session with the boys then they all went for lunch together with the younger blokes.

Apparently wanted the boys to realise the club's bigger than them. Rave rave reviews from everyone.

Goody and Gawny heavily involved in organising it

Last edited:
Just seen that Hannan still has a dodgy groin at the Dogs and will miss the start of the season.

Poor bloke - has he ever had a full pre-season? Doesn't seem like his body is up to it and i'm glad we moved him on and took a couple of talented young blokes that can play HFF.
Thought the same thing. He just never gets a decent run at it.

Majak Daw training with us.

OMG i love it, Majak Daw is the closest player athletically to Frosty. I'm so happy rn, please give mr biceps a new home dees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back