PS4 The Last of Us Part II - PS5 Remaster coming Jan 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Got it on $29 sale from Amazon on Wed and it's already here

Bezos you son of a bitsch

Is the game really that bad?

Big W have it for $20 and I’m wondering if I should snare it.

I already know what happens to one of the characters in the beginning so I’m prepared for that.
It's actually quite nice, goes on a little longer than it needs to but it's good

Just got it!

$20 is insanely good for a game that came out this year, especially the one that won GOTY.

Worst case scenario I’ll sell it for $25-$30 and make a profit.

Have you played the first one? It would really help to play that first in order to understand the story.
Above all its very much worth it (especially at $20 that's a bargain!) for the the game play alone is really fun even through the story isn't as strong as the first imo

I played it through twice in the month after release. While really good, it’s definitely not as good as the first game, for me. Ellie is generally unlikeable, which is disappointing given she was so likeable in the first game. I won’t go over the reasons as others have stated them well in this thread.

What I really loved about the first game is that it was spread out over time and space - to go from Summer to Fall to Winter to Spring over a large geography with a “journey” feel was really something quite special. TLOU2 felt compacted mostly in geography, apart from a few side pieces, and I didn’t enjoy feeling constrained to Seattle. Another thing is the first game had a nice balance between infected and human gangs. II ramped up the interactions with human enemy factions, which felt a bit too much at times. It had a few nice additions like the German Shepherds though. It’s not that the infected sections were lacking; they were plentiful yet there were just too many humans.

My favourite part of II was playing as Abbie. The other so called controversial parts of the story didn’t bother me; it was cool playing as Abbie and seeing her perspective; her values and motivations seemed simpler and more consistent than the other protagonist’s (or antagonist’s, depending on the perspective).

If it’s a gaming body’s game of the year then that’s cool but I’d make sense of that by suggesting it has been a weak year for top shelf games. I’d rate it a 8/10, as the mechanics are solid, the chapters have enough substance and the visuals are beautiful. It’s let down by a confused story arc for Ellie, an odd and unbalanced pace, and missing some of the special/intangible atmosphere of the first game. Perhaps the world felt smaller because there was more that filled it. I’m glad I played it but in any other year this is not a GOTY contender in my humble opinion.

Have you played the first one? It would really help to play that first in order to understand the story.
Above all its very much worth it (especially at $20 that's a bargain!) for the the game play alone is really fun even through the story isn't as strong as the first imo

Yeah I played the first one. Downloaded it off the PS Plus Collection on PS5 a couple weeks ago actually.

Is the game really that bad?

Big W have it for $20 and I’m wondering if I should snare it.

I already know what happens to one of the characters in the beginning so I’m prepared for that.
Definitely a bargain at $20. It's a really good game but not quite at the same level as the first and tends to outstay its welcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely a bargain at $20. It's a really good game but not quite at the same level as the first and tends to outstay its welcome.

Pretty much this. Gameplay is great and a massive upgrade over the first one. $20 is a bargain.

But the story was a total misfire and I couldn't have cared less by the end

when time Ellie and Abby caught up with eachother at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

He was brilliant in Narcos.

If girls can call themselves boys, surely boys can be cast as girls?

Not in today's Hollywood.

Regardless of all that, he is almost 33. A long way away from playing a preteen girl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back