Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Whilst The Project is vomit inducing, Hellier is as funny as cancer and Waleed is Waleed, I have no problem with their line of questioning. They were simply asking some questions about the validity of some Lamumbas claims. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

In what world are we living where Waleed Ali is now being labelled a racist? FMD.

Whilst The Project is vomit inducing, Hellier is as funny as cancer and Waleed is Waleed, I have no problem with their line of questioning. They were simply asking some questions about the validity of some Lamumbas claims. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

In what world are we living where Waleed Ali is now being labelled a racist? FMD.

He’s not being accused of racism is he?

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
He’s not being accused of racism is he?
No, he and Hellier are being accused of questioning Lumumba's credibility as part of a Collingwood PR campaign. Their actions are not surprising given Eddie's power in the media.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No, he and Hellier are being accused of questioning Lumumba's credibility as part of a Collingwood PR campaign. Their actions are not surprising given Eddie's power in the media.

Hellier is a Collingwood supporter, Aly is not. Surely as part of journalism you ask probing questions? You don't take everything at face value? You get the opposing view? Far out. I'd be 99% sure Waleed was on Lamumba's side. Claims that Eddie got to him seem far fetched.

Hellier is a Collingwood supporter, Aly is not. Surely as part of journalism you ask probing questions? You don't take everything at face value? You get the opposing view? Far out. I'd be 99% sure Waleed was on Lamumba's side. Claims that Eddie got to him seem far fetched.

Waleed is part of the machine man. He knows how to play the game. Side by side he stuck together to uphold the magpie name.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
I'm not saying the criticism of Waleed is valid. I suspect that CH10 took the action they did simply to minimise the risk of any of the Eddie racist taint sticking to them.

Eddie didn't need to "get to him". Anyone working in the media in Vic would know who Eddie is and what happens to people who cross him.

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Waleed is only ever on Waleed's side.

AFC AFeederClub

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

there are a lot of people that believe black people cannot be racist because they are black, these are most probably the same people accusing him of being racist because those same people usually assume all black people hate white people because how could you not.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Again, Lamumba was making unsubstantiated claims and Waleed was simply questioning him on them. As a journalist should.

Look at the Target audience for the Project. It ain't Boomer Queenslanders. Its millennial women and thd Clique. We aren't talking Sky News here. Aly's questions were completely valid.

AFC AFeederClub

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Hellier is a below average comedian who realised the only way he can make it on media street is to be a pandering apologist to everything, that suddenly make him a credible opinionist who was once a funny guy, well thats the game he's trying to play.

Again, Lamumba was making unsubstantiated claims and Waleed was simply questioning him on them. As a journalist should.

Look at the Target audience for the Project. It ain't Boomer Queenslanders. Its millennial women and thd Clique. We aren't talking Sky News here. Aly's questions were completely valid.

Your anti-Lamumbaness has you defending Aly and the project.

I weep for the old Popo.

Given the audience as you've stated, surely you're not surprised that they're playing the contrition card.

Speaking of Aly... whatever happened to his over-produced, right-on-point-if-not-a-few-days-late opinion pieces telling all and sundry how to think?

He was over everything for a brief moment and now he's vanished into the hedge a la Homer.

What happen Waleed?

Last edited:
Speaking of Aly... whatever happened to his over-produced, right-on-point-if-not-a-few-days-late opinion pieces telling all and sundry how to think?

He was over everything for a brief moment and now he's vanished into the hedge a la Homer.

What happen Waleed?

Thank god for that, ******* hate that campaigner. He's now been around long enough that he's becoming the villain. May it continue.

What happen Waleed?
Obvious click bait bullshit got called out as obvious click bait bullshit.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Good article, but FMD...

1613025295844.png

HinkleysHeroes

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hellier is a below average comedian who realised the only way he can make it on media street is to be a pandering apologist to everything, that suddenly make him a credible opinionist who was once a funny guy, well thats the game he's trying to play.
Ive seen hellier live doing comedy and before I saw that I was close to the same opinion as you regarding his comedic skills. After the show my opinion was changed, funny bugger live, Dont judge by what you see on the screen.

HinkleysHeroes

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back