The Jumper Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's because Castore is toilet and nobody wants their merch gaiz, or we'd be in front by the length of the flemington.

Interesting that Collingwood have taped over the previous sponsors names (ISC) whilst we haven't.

Ryan Turnbull was interviewed at the gals game yesterday and the ISC was taped over his jacket, as was all the staff on the boundary from WC.

Back to your point IMO Puma produced the best quality gear for supporters that we have had.
I purchased some of the ISC gear and it was crap quality...... absolute shyte.

But nowhere near as lame and " cheap and nasty " as the Membership Badges that the Cub has been sending out the last few years.
Same - same but different.

Last edited:
Ryan Turnbull was interviewed at the gals game yesterday and the ISC was taped over his jacket, as was all the staff on the boundary from WC.

Back to your point IMO Puma produced the best quality gear for supporters that we have had.
I purchased some of the ISC gear and it was crap quality...... absolute sh*te.

But nowhere near as lame and " cheap and nasty " as the Membership Badges that the Cub has been sending out the last few years.
Same - same but different.
Women's team have always had a different supplier to ISC though

It's because Castore is toilet and nobody wants their merch gaiz, or we'd be in front by the length of the flemington.

Interesting that Collingwood have taped over the previous sponsors names (ISC) whilst we haven't.
And in that article they give some clubs percentage and tell us who was at the bottom.

But nowhere do they give us the obvious thing. A ladder, a table, a tabulated list from 1 to 18.

West Coast handling of the premiership merc was a disgrace, the options were some gray hat bullshite or a ill fitting hat with wierd shapes and shite, they really let the supports down that year.

Plus all members should of received a cap with the recognition of our 4th premiership, even if it was subtly embroidered on the back, so we could wear it to oppo games and it was in the persons face that was sitting behind you.

West Coast handling of the premiership merc was a disgrace, the options were some gray hat bullshite or a ill fitting hat with wierd shapes and sh*te, they really let the supports down that year.

Plus all members should of received a cap with the recognition of our 4th premiership, even if it was subtly embroidered on the back, so we could wear it to oppo games and it was in the persons face that was sitting behind you.
It was. I didn't buy a single piece of it, I just thought the options were tacky.

That grey hat thing was a clever way to quickly mass produce merchandise for the winner. No doubt they had Collingwood ones ready to go had they won, just change the logo over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But do they sponsor anyone good? Big clubs don't seek out a deal with Macron.

I live in the UK and have friends who support Liverpool and West Ham.

All rank as follows:
1. Adidas
2. Nike
3. Puma
4. Umbro (the traditional English brand)

They don’t want any others.

Macron supply to smaller premier league, lower league and overseas. My mates West Ham Macron was really poor quality with stuff peeling off.

New Balance and Under Armour are new to football.

ISC is by far the worst brand of supporter kit I have ever bought. My 2019 hoody would get waterlogged and the machine wouldn’t spin. I gave up and threw it away.

I would be happy with any of the top 4 above. Umbro just started making the RFU stuff and are getting back into football after being brought by Nike who changed all of their big customers to Nike.

Now Nike have sold them they are coming back. I wish they would make England football kit again as Umbro was the traditional brand.

To be honest I'm surprised the AFL haven't tried to do that. They are nothing if not centralised control freaks.
No-one in AFLHQ thought about it until it was too late. Now, with all clubs having their own deals, all of different length, at the end of any year the AFL would have buy out a whole bunch of contracts. With penalty clauses and legal battles it would be a nightmare.

To be honest I'm surprised the AFL haven't tried to do that. They are nothing if not centralised control freaks.
There were rumours of it happening when BLK fell apart a few years ago, then clubs over east jumped on weird contract lengths and killed it off (for now).

There were rumours of it happening when BLK fell apart a few years ago, then clubs over east jumped on weird contract lengths and killed it off (for now).

It makes sense given the AFL are power hungry centralists, and the logos and trademarks (IIRC) all belong to the AFL. It's big in the US where they have similar league models with draft, salary cap etc. whereas in Europe it's every man for himself. The difference from the top few to the bottom few in the Premier League kit supplier and shirt sponsor deals are astronomical. Burnley make GBP1.5m a year from Umbro and GBP7.5m a year from LoveBet. Manchester United make GBP75m a year from Adidas and GBP64m a year from Chevrolet.

It makes sense given the AFL are power hungry centralists, and the logos and trademarks (IIRC) all belong to the AFL. It's big in the US where they have similar league models with draft, salary cap etc. whereas in Europe it's every man for himself. The difference from the top few to the bottom few in the Premier League kit supplier and shirt sponsor deals are astronomical. Burnley make GBP1.5m a year from Umbro and GBP7.5m a year from LoveBet. Manchester United make GBP75m a year from Adidas and GBP64m a year from Chevrolet.
If you don't have a £ option on your keyboard you can hold down the ALT key and press 1 5 6, as in Alt156 and like magic you get a £.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back