Discussion State of our jumper

Jun 9, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Has anybody been able to view or order any members merchandise yet? I log in to the shop on the phone or iPad but can’t seem to find it.

Is there any truth to the rumor that the new sponsor waiting to be unveiled is in fact “The Reject Shop”? This would fit in line with some of our recruiting over the off season

Last edited:

ULTIMATE_WARRIOR

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2009
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
St Kilda
Off Twitter.... any chance it’s to do with the new guernsey sponsor?

93f5d4abdd84c68796129bf1b5eb50ff.jpg

At least it's a better beer than Tooheys

Honestly I don't like Furphy but as a service to our new sponsor I'll hold my nose and drink it. I rate Little Creatures who own it though, perhaps I'll support them that way.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Honestly I don't like Furphy but as a service to our new sponsor I'll hold my nose and drink it. I rate Little Creatures who own it though, perhaps I'll support them that way.
Who are owned by lion nathan which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kirin.

I don’t mind furphy, it’s certainly not my favourite but I’ll buy it now rather than other beers in that market space.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
A little of an aside, I've been doing some reno's at the moment and using my 2020 Saints away guernsey (ISC) which is so comfortable! Anyway it got a bit disgusting after not having a wash for about two weeks and lots of sweaty work, so I chucked on the 2019 X-Blades guernsey and had to take it off after about 10 minutes because it's so uncomfortable.

As soon as I got my first 2020 ISC guernsey I noticed it was waaay more comfortable than the previous jumpers.

Anyone got a New Balance jumper yet and can report on how it wears?

I actually have a theory that the more comfortable jumpers may have had a small impact on our improved 2020 performance :)

Who are owned by lion nathan which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kirin.

I don’t mind furphy, it’s certainly not my favourite but I’ll buy it now rather than other beers in that market space.

It's like Carlton Draught in a nicer can to me. I've become a beer w***er and only drink crafty stuff now, or at least crafty looking bottles so I look classy while drinking.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
It's like Carlton Draught in a nicer can to me. I've become a beer w***er and only drink crafty stuff now, or at least crafty looking bottles so I look classy while drinking.
Haha join the club, currently drinking weihenstephaner and kozel dark.

I usually have a case of something like carlton, vb etc just in case so may as well be furphy now.

Geez that's a bit harsh! I'm a bit of a beer w***er myself but Furphy is drinkable at least, if not a bit inconsistent.
Can't touch Carlton Draught now though, no idea how I used to do it.

Haha join the club, currently drinking weihenstephaner and kozel dark.

I usually have a case of something like carlton, vb etc just in case so may as well be furphy now.
Kozel Dark is a ripper, you've got good taste

Dare i say but Furphy has replaced VB as the beer you get when you are not sure what people drink.

Its the Good Ordinary player of beers.

Get on Balta if you want a nice can and a good beer to drink.

Dare i say but Furphy has replaced VB as the beer you get when you are not sure what people drink.

Its the Good Ordinary player of beers.

Get on Balta if you want a nice can and a good beer to drink.

I find cans to be peasant's vessels, I find it hard to pay more than $20 for a six pack of tinnies. Balta wins all the awards but I still find everything tastes like the amalgam in my fillings is leaching if it's in aluminium. Seriously though I've had it and glassed it and it's not bad. I tried Kaiju Krush or what ever its called in cans too and it's pretty good.

Had some polish beer lately, went down like a treat.

Also does anyone think Heineken has changed taste since it went from CUB brewed to Lion brewed?

Yeah buy euro beers that are made there or they are s**t.

I find cans to be peasant's vessels, I find it hard to pay more than $20 for a six pack of tinnies. Balta wins all the awards but I still find everything tastes like the amalgam in my fillings is leaching if it's in aluminium. Seriously though I've had it and glassed it and it's not bad. I tried Kaiju Krush or what ever its called in cans too and it's pretty good.
Asahi is the only beer that i know tastes better in a can over a bottle, mainly due to it being brewed in japan for cans and china for bottles.

blktreacle

Club Legend
May 14, 2013
UK
AFL Club
St Kilda
Shouldn't this discussion move to saints drinks?

I'd love a Furphy. The only aus beer I can get here is Foster's and that stuffs horrible. Gimmie a Butty Bach or Old Hooky any day.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 27, 2012
Behind You
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Anyone got a New Balance jumper yet and can report on how it wears?

I actually have a theory that the more comfortable jumpers may have had a small impact on our improved 2020 performance :)
I have one of the NB training guernseys. Fits pretty well although a bit larger than I expected.
Not sure if that is because it is for training rather than a match style fit which were quite slim in my ISC.
Someone may be able to attest to the match day jumpers.

Back