I think Andrew Demetriou is as crooked as they come

Aussie in exile

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well, seems as though his current role on the Crown board may not last much longer. Seems a few problems about oversight and management have emerged.

What a surprise that Fat Andy's name pops up again when something untoward is going on

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
What a surprise that Fat Andy's name pops up again when something untoward is going on
Honestly after this crown stuff, being involved in the education grant scams and his obvious attempts to contrive a favourable result to protect Essendon after doping, what idiotic board would appoint this guy?

The authorities should immediately investigate any company who hires him, because they surely can't have honest intentions.

Greasy

Attachments

• 1E16E076-B02A-405A-B3FD-489A355EC02E.jpeg
    1E16E076-B02A-405A-B3FD-489A355EC02E.jpeg
    29.1 KB · Views: 135
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
"Crown Resorts director Andrew Demetriou has resigned from the board of the embattled gaming giant but has vowed to defend his reputation”.

No need to defend your reputation Andy, most of us have known it for decades, and you have just reinforced it in my eyes.

Just PR blah from Andy, he has shot whatever reputation he had. He is fortunate they didn't charge him for contempt.

GreyBudgie

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2008
New Town
Other Teams
Glenorchy, Arsenal,
Just PR blah from Andy, he has shot whatever reputation he had. He is fortunate they didn't charge him for contempt.
The old days when you had to resign under a cloud you just go to ground and STFU, take a leaf out of Crown Andy “Mr Demetriou's photo and biography was swiftly deleted from the Crown Resorts website following his resignation”

Keep the Spin Andy, maybe you should also mention and PR your time at Acquire Learning Pty Ltd.

Your reputation keeps on growing.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
He has now resigned citing "This was not an easy decision and I have thought carefully about taking this step...

Well there is a first for everything then, thinking carefully. What other boards is he involved with?
The transcripts are incredible.
He's an absolute disgrace

Sep 18, 2007
On a 3-hour tour
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Fighting Illini
Where are we up to with Acquire Learning?

There was some Supreme Court goings on around April/May/June ( who knows when anything was in 2020.

I think they were being chased by the tax department for 4-5 mill. Uncle Andy’s alleged remuneration was mentioned, as I recall.

Aussie in exile

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Does anyone know if he is drawing money from the AFL for some sort of past or present consultancy work?
Does anyone know if the AFL rent any buildings from companies he's involved with?
He knew everything that was going on at the clubs so he must have known what was going on at Essendon.
I always said about Fat Andy that with him it was money first, and the game second and to think some people thought he was a wonderful person and great for the game. I wonder if the true figure of how much he got out of the game money wise and possibly still is

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Does anyone know if he is drawing money from the AFL for some sort of past or present consultancy work?
Does anyone know if the AFL rent any buildings from companies he's involved with?
He knew everything that was going on at the clubs so he must have known what was going on at Essendon.
I always said about Fat Andy that with him it was money first, and the game second and to think some people thought he was a wonderful person and great for the game. I wonder if the true figure of how much he got out of the game money wise and possibly still is

Andy was a far better leader than the clown we have now, but leadership does not equal morality etc. I don't think he has a financial connection to the game anymore, but nothing would surprise me with the AFL.

Aussie in exile

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Andy was a far better leader than the clown we have now, but leadership does not equal morality etc. I don't think he has a financial connection to the game anymore, but nothing would surprise me with the AFL.
It wouldn't be hard to be better than Gil that's for sure, but morally as far i know he]s light years ahead of Fat Andy, but that wouldn't be hard

Concussion test

Adelaide Football Club. Established 1860
May 19, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
There was some Supreme Court goings on around April/May/June ( who knows when anything was in 2020.
I think they were being chased by the tax department for 4-5 mill. Uncle Andy’s alleged remuneration was mentioned, as I recall.
From The Sydney Morning Herald Oct 13 2020 :

"Mr Demetriou was also quizzed on Tuesday about his involvement in the collapsed vocational education group Acquire Learning & Careers.

Acquire’s liquidators launched action in the Federal Court in May against Mr Demetriou's family trust to claw back payments made while he was a member of the company's advisory board and receiving a $900,000 annual salary."

Back