FTA-TV Australian Survivor - All Stars

I can't be assed finding the US thread so I'm just dumping all my news here.

Natalie Anderson and Jay are going to be on the new season of the Challenge which has just resumed filming
I'm tempted to start watching The Challenge. Not sure where to start though.
Because I noticed that the first season is subtitled "All-Stars", and seems to be a spin off two other shows.

I'm tempted to start watching The Challenge. Not sure where to start though.
Because I noticed that the first season is subtitled "All-Stars", and seems to be a spin off two other shows.
Yeah it was originally just a way for MTV to keep having former Real World cast members on TV.

It's a tough show to jump in on because most of the cast are on most seasons, so there's always storylines involving previous seasons, but they do a good job of showing flashbacks for new viewers

The seasons I've heard are good starting points are season 12, Fresh Meat, which is basically when the show evolved from the spin off to being it's own thing, or season 30 or 33 (Dirty 30, War of the Worlds) if you want a shorter binge.

Sorry for the double posts,

This Friday night (Grand Final Eve) I am hosting a game of Sequester Mini that will be run via Discord and the The Club Room Board.

For those that don't know what Sequester Mini is, it's an online game developed by Big Brother US 17 Housemate Audrey Middleton.
It was originally developed as Sequester Access, were people spend a whole weekend in a house, but has been moved online as Sequester Mini due to Covid-19.
Sequester is a combination of Big Brother and Survivor, taking the best bits from both shows and putting it online to play. Currently, Audrey runs games every Saturday morning (VicCovid Time), with a small fee to Patreon.

For those that have not seen or played Sequester Mini before, this is how it works:
The game usually starts with 20 people, and the idea of the game is to vote people off every round. Like BB, there is no tribes, it's an individual game from the start.
Each round will have a different way to vote people off. This may include limiting the number of people that you can vote for, or giving someone a target for immunity the following round. This changes from round to round to keep the game entertaining.
Conversations happen in Discord voice channels, with limits on how many people can be in each voice chat. This voices people to move around the five chat rooms and discuss tactics.
The Jury starts at final 11, though this can be changed to keep everyone in the game longer.
And there is a thing called a "Drag". No, RuPaul will not feature during the game. It's a feature of the game where the person evicted can pick anyone to take out of the game with them.
The game ends with a Final 2. The last round being at Final 4, with the the person evicted dragging the third placed player out of the game.

We've run a few smaller games in the past few weeks that have gone successfully on the SFA Board, and it's now right time to invite people from around BigFooty that would have knowledge of Big Brother, Survivor, Sequester to all compete against each other.

The Sequester Mini game will start at 9pm (VicCovid Time) flat, it would be preferable to be online prior to that to test out audio and learn to use the system.

If you are interested, show your interest in this thread, and start pre-gaming. I can send anyone a link to the discord for those that are interested.

Also, recommend check out this channel on YouTube for some previous games featuring your favourites from Big Brother and Survivor US and AU.

Hit me up if you have any questions about the game, also first in will get the spots.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
The next season of Australian Survivor is going to be set in the Outback town of Cloncurry, QLD

Interesting decision given its been such a long time since Survivor* hasn't been held on the water

* the US and AU versions at least

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
The next season of Australian Survivor is going to be set in the Outback town of Cloncurry, QLD

Interesting decision given its been such a long time since Survivor* hasn't been held on the water

It doesn't need to be on a beach necessarily, and I don't know the geography of that area but surely there has to be some sort of lakes/rivers/water body they can use nearby? It's a pretty critical element that gives diversity and scope to challenges.

Very keen, love the occasional inland season.

It doesn't need to be on a beach necessarily, and I don't know the geography of that area but surely there has to be some sort of lakes/rivers/water body they can use nearby? It's a pretty critical element that gives diversity and scope to challenges.
Build a really big pool?

Also two words
Eating. Challenge. All kinds of crazy s**t out there they can eat

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Contestants haven't fished to survive in decades. Will be stocked up with plenty of rice and beans to get through the game.

Island beach seasons are clearly the best but will be interesting to see one inland for a switch up

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Contestants haven't fished to survive in decades. Will be stocked up with plenty of rice and beans to get through the game.

Island beach seasons are clearly the best but will be interesting to see one inland for a switch up
Yeh I don't mind inland at all. I just reckon a body of water gives more options and flexibility for challenges. It's just about having more options to work with.

Land = good
Water = good

Land + water = best.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Yeh I don't mind inland at all. I just reckon a body of water gives more options and flexibility for challenges
Agreed. It also helps to provide changing backgrounds.

IIRC par of the problem with Survivor:Africa (besides the contestants being cold and starving) was that there was no incentive for them to explore, and as such the set got boring

Agreed. It also helps to provide changing backgrounds.

IIRC par of the problem with Survivor:Africa (besides the contestants being cold and starving) was that there was no incentive for them to explore, and as such the set got boring

Survivor: Antarctica
freeze ya balls off.

Make it happen please. Make it happen

Back