Training 2021 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

The executive of the AFLPA aught to be strung up for what they did here.
Neo liberalism at it's finest.

Clubs like ours and West Coast that took a blanket cut are clearly the holders of good team culture in the league right now.

I would consider if those on a higher wage voluntarily took a bigger cut, so that those on the lesser wages were not hit so badly, then it would be good team culture.

I would consider if those on a higher wage voluntarily took a bigger cut, so that those on the lesser wages were not hit so badly, then it would be good team culture.
Within the context of a footy club, I'd have thought it would be par for the course.
IMHO those that went with the AFLPA model are infact demonstrating poor culture.
Were l a rookie player at Geelong, I'd be utterly filthy at Dangerfield.
Players can accept market forces when it comes to contracts, but to know this guy next to you on a million bucks a year just pharked you out of %9 of your minimum wage would be hard to take.

As Butler said on Tuesday when asked directly about this 'One in, All in'.

No one should be worried about our culture right now.

You do realise taking a blanket % cut, means those on larger contracts are giving up more than those on lower contracts?

No-one's seen him on the track with the group for over a month though, surely that suggests he's injured. Or at the very least was.
He was indoors pumping out serious kilometres on the bike according to the Ch 10 vision just then.
He was mentioned in the accompanying voiceover too, essentially saying that the club was very confident in his fitness.
He may have suffered awareness....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, I don't think Hanners is even injured.
Please they don't keep them in for no reason

Like i said the other week he has a calf complaint

No-one's seen him on the track with the group for over a month though, surely that suggests he's injured. Or at the very least was.
This
its not like he has a history with soft tissue injurys

Had to leave, bloody work.

Coff, looked good on Skunk, Max excellent, Gres looks awesome just his kicking lacks penetration..

Crouch teamed well with Steele, Jones and Paddy, Bytel, Dunstan and Byrnes held their own.
Seb off a wing at centre bounces, Billings forward.
Hunter contested well,McKernan a good target for the yellows, Wilkie was Wilkie.

Hanners a big worry.
Was Frawley out there or still cutting laps?

we just need to accept hanners is going to be a bit player - his injury history cant be ignored. I still think it was a good call culturally to get him to the club. I know we can pencil him in for a few good games this year, but I think he was the best we could manage at the time, with a long term view to change the culture of the list. And that is paying dividends now.

Was Frawley out there or still cutting laps?
Didn't see him.

Hunter looked ok, halved the contests with both Paddy and Ro.
Kicking to a pack with King in it means he either marks it or hits the deck. 4 goals directly from that.
Only time he was beaten was a poor kick from Gres where Doogs could hold him off for Wilks to mark it.

So I wandered down for my first look in 12 months. I tend to watch results like I am watching a real match and miss the tactics and set ups.

milney was down there. It was only later that I realised he was there because Tyson was training/playing. By the way, who was 47 in the black team with the blonde man bun?

overall ball movement looked pretty slick, but kicking could be improved at times.

Newbs:
Didn’t notice Crouch much, but I think we know what we’re getting.
higgins: didn’t do a lot, but noticed his class in the drills.
highmore: a couple of times in the match sim he was in the right spot for intercepts.
Hunter: as Joff said, looks competitive. Nice jump against Paddy.
Allison: yep nice type, but still skinny. Seemed to lead out well and movement is good. Didn’t see all that much in the sim.

Others:
Coff seemed to mop up heaps in defence for yellow.
Billing’s plenty of it.
Bytel and Byrnes were nicely involved.
Marshall and Paddy looking good, Max just looks more of a man. Imposing guy and his movement is laughable.
Thought Sincs did well and Ross and Gresh heavily involved.

The thing I took out was that there were less standouts probably because it’s pretty even and so much more quality across the board. Most had their moments and I only saw about half an hour (unsure if that was it when they took a break).

Not sure if it’s been spoken about yet, but there was a couple of injuries at training today. Can’t be sharing specifics unfortunately. They do seem minor which is good news.

Name names

So I wandered down for my first look in 12 months. I tend to watch results like I am watching a real match and miss the tactics and set ups.

milney was down there. It was only later that I realised he was there because Tyson was training/playing. By the way, who was 47 in the black team with the blonde man bun?

overall ball movement looked pretty slick, but kicking could be improved at times.

Newbs:
Didn’t notice Crouch much, but I think we know what we’re getting.
higgins: didn’t do a lot, but noticed his class in the drills.
highmore: a couple of times in the match sim he was in the right spot for intercepts.
Hunter: as Joff said, looks competitive. Nice jump against Paddy.
Allison: yep nice type, but still skinny. Seemed to lead out well and movement is good. Didn’t see all that much in the sim.

Others:
Coff seemed to mop up heaps in defence for yellow.
Billing’s plenty of it.
Bytel and Byrnes were nicely involved.
Marshall and Paddy looking good, Max just looks more of a man. Imposing guy and his movement is laughable.
Thought Sincs did well and Ross and Gresh heavily involved.

The thing I took out was that there were less standouts probably because it’s pretty even and so much more quality across the board. Most had their moments and I only saw about half an hour (unsure if that was it when they took a break).
Wondered who the blonde guy with the bun was.
He looked not out of place.

No injuries when I was there. Dunstan left the track with what I think was an ab problem but came back on to play match sim.
Jones left the track just as I left.

Seems to me that both Bytel and Byrnes are always referenced together in terms of their progress. Does anyone want to have a crack at merging their names?

I’m still proud of Greshggins but sadly it hasn’t caught on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back