A-League Round 8 - Happy Valentine's Round!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sydney-bound City blindsided by VIC lockdown as THREE A-League, W-League fixtures axed

February 12th, 2021 3:12 pm
Two A-League games and one W-League game will be postponed this weekend following Victoria’s decision to trigger a snap five-day lockdown across the state.

Victorian premier Dan Andrews confirmed the lockdown would start at 11.59pm on Friday night and would end at 11.59pm on Wednesday 1yth February.

There are four A-League games due to take place during that period featuring teams from Victoria, with the first two – Saturday’s double header of Western United vs Sydney FC and Western Sydney Wanderers vs Melbourne City already cancelled.

The City squad had already checked in at Melbourne Airport for their flight to Sydney for tomorrow’s match when the announcement was made, Fox Sports understands, forcing them to turn around and return home.

The other two fixtures, Melbourne City vs Sydney on Tuesday and Melbourne Victory vs Wellington Phoenix on Wednesday, are yet to be called off but are in doubt of going ahead.

In the W-League, Saturday’s 5.05pm kick-off between Melbourne City and Newcastle Jets has also been cancelled.

The Jets had just landed in Melbourne ready for the game but will immediately fly back this afternoon and return to New South Wales.

That was a nicely weight pass by Orr to set up that goal Macarthur 2-0 up now! Looks like Adelaide are down the dunny can like Victory this season
There is a pretty big jump down between Adelaide/city and victory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah I guess Victory are in a league of their own down that dunny! City I still think they can come good.
Can never really write off city. Adelaide have the quality to perform, but are hit and miss. Victory really don't have the quality to do much, similar in some respects to Brisbane of 3/4 years ago

Gotta bounce back otherwise it’ll be a poor season, Goodwin can’t arrive soon enough. Even more frustrating when victory fans are enjoying it, not that they’ll have much to celebrate this season & beyond either :p

Nice spelling mistake from fox. Someone needs to inform them the difference between to, too and two.

Well that was fun Macarthur 4- 0 Adelaide!
Macarthur look to have hit their straps and are primed for finals. Adelaide well.. garbage.

I don't think you can really read too much into beating Adelaide- especially Adelaide outside of Adelaide where they have been diabolical.

I don't think you can really read too much into beating Adelaide- especially Adelaide outside of Adelaide where they have been diabolical.
Macarthur have been winning on the road and playing really well. The list is stacked with old heads and young talent. The main issue they've been having is winning at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back