Preview 2020 Goodbye (To 2021) New; Preseason Discussion

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have been looking online but can’t find any info apart from the live stream
No clue , hope so
There is a live stream but am working, is why I’m asking if there’s a replay. Have asked the question multiple times but seems everyone has me on ignore, fair enough too as there’s a good chance I have them on mute

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'll never understand why we don't put trial matches internals etc on youtube

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Rocky had an excellent year last year. He and Ollie playing to their talent level was a massive reason we finished so high.

Having said that, im ok with him being phased out and some others getting more time this year
Rocky was a big part of our success, and a key culprit in our failures.

If he doesn’t win the ball or tackle the first guy to get it, then he gets burned by his opponent running off him.

I’m prepared to give him a chance, but if speed out of the middle is killing us again we can’t afford to wait until finals to do something about it and settle a line up that maybe excludes a talented player for the betterment of the midfield mix.

TommyLogan#44

Rookie
Mar 9, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
For those asking about being able to watch the game later because they are unable to tune in live (like me), I saw this comment on the Facebook post announcing the livestream

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210212-214901.png
    Screenshot_20210212-214901.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 143
  • Screenshot_20210212-214901.png
    Screenshot_20210212-214901.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 135

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

If he doesn’t win the ball or tackle the first guy to get it, then he gets burned by his opponent running off him.

I’m prepared to give him a chance, but if speed out of the middle is killing us again we can’t afford to wait until finals to do something about it and settle a line up that maybe excludes a talented player for the betterment of the midfield mix.

The rushed kick out the centre straight on to a defenders chest kills me.

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
The rushed kick out the centre straight on to a defenders chest kills me.

So the bloke kicking it forward, obtaining ground and momentum kills you? Or the Half Forward line playing from behind kills you?

Granny Duurs is Lovely

All Australian
Jun 11, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

The thing is that Rocky is our best tackler, by far. Rockliff had the second most tackles per game in the competition last year with 6.25/game. Our next best is SPP with 4.05/game, followed by Boak, Ebo and Wines with 3.79-3.76.

So if you're looking for accountability of our midfielders, rocky is actually one of our best because he sticks tackles. If our other midfielder's were more accountable it wouldn't be a problem that Rocky can't chase too hard, but until that's the case Rockliff needs to be there to actually stick some tackles.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The thing is that Rocky is our best tackler, by far. Rockliff had the second most tackles per game in the competition last year with 6.25/game. Our next best is SPP with 4.05/game, followed by Boak, Ebo and Wines with 3.79-3.76.

So if you're looking for accountability of our midfielders, rocky is actually one of our best because he sticks tackles. If our other midfielder's were more accountable it wouldn't be a problem that Rocky can't chase too hard, but until that's the case Rockliff needs to be there to actually stick some tackles.
I don’t think he’s accountable, I think the same reason he’s a clearance beast is why he racks up tackles. He reads the ruck and positions himself and reacts quicker. His tackles are a result of being in the right place to hit the guy that beat him to the tap (not that he’s an unaccountable player though).
Great tackler.

If he’s in the first 22 great. But we got wrecked out of the middle with speed and I reckon teams know that is the blueprint.

If we need to make a change for the better of the team then it should happen promptly so we can work out what works and settle the team for finals.

Granny Duurs is Lovely

All Australian
Jun 11, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don’t think he’s accountable, I think the same reason he’s a clearance beast is why he racks up tackles. He reads the ruck and positions himself and reacts quicker. His tackles are a result of being in the right place to hit the guy that beat him to the tap (not that he’s an unaccountable player though).
Great tackler.

If he’s in the first 22 great. But we got wrecked out of the middle with speed and I reckon teams know that is the blueprint.

If we need to make a change for the better of the team then it should happen promptly so we can work out what works and settle the team for finals.

I don't disagree. He's not exactly getting run-down tackles. I just feel that our other mids aren't getting enough tackles - rundown or at the contest. Until that changes and Ollie is getting 5+ tackles a game we need Rockliff in the team to put that tackling pressure on the opposition.

Revan11

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't disagree. He's not exactly getting run-down tackles. I just feel that our other mids aren't getting enough tackles - rundown or at the contest. Until that changes and Ollie is getting 5+ tackles a game we need Rockliff in the team to put that tackling pressure on the opposition.
A lot of Rockys tackles are reactive rather than proactive. He stays in the coalface and tackles the first to the ball. He also gets a lot of extra tackle stats from the pile ins. I think his role in that regard is replaceable

Buget

Premiership Player
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's 5 weeks away, so plenty of time to get on top of this outbreak.
Just wondering when the AFL announces that all teams across Australia must abide by the same training restrictions as the Melbourne teams due to the COVID outbreak there.

the same way they restricted the vic clubs when WA went into lock down?

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
How does turning the ball over obtain momentum?

Do you get pissed that the car breaks down or the mechanic didn’t service the car properly?

The Surge kick forward is done by the best sides in the comp, let’s see how often Fantasia marks from congestion this year.

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Do you get pissed that the car breaks down or the mechanic didn’t service the car properly?

The Surge kick forward is done by the best sides in the comp, let’s see how often Fantasia marks from congestion this year.

I dont have a problem with the surge kick forward, I have a problem with someone repeatedly hitting the opposition whilst trying it when the game is on the line.
Defend that s**t all you want, Rockliff was an energy killer in that prelim.

I dont have a problem with the surge kick forward, I have a problem with someone repeatedly hitting the opposition whilst trying it when the game is on the line.
Defend that sh*t all you want, Rockliff was an energy killer in that prelim.

Him and everyone else on the team. How you could single out one player for turnovers going into our forward line that after the Richmond game is staggering.

Im going ro watch Port Adelaide play, so it starts raining.

Maybe we change from The Power to The Rainmakers.

RossFC no players list with numbers printed off but Adam from membership says the players will be wearing their normal numbers even if the switch between the black and thw white teams.

Back