Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 5

Remove this Banner Ad

he is on the list to play...Im going to say Rotterdam but it is probably something else, straight after the Aus Open.

Yeah you are right, he is the 11th alternate for Rotterdam, it is a high cutoff of 34 with Nishikora and Sinner already with Wildcards. I am sure he could get the third Wildcard though.

He signs up for alot of events though and pulls out. Who knows maybe he will leave and stay on the road.

Watching Nick Kyrgios

is like watching tennis being played in one flew over the cuckoo's nest

Well done Thiem great young player, Austria should be very proud.

Thought the match changed when Thiem started to read Kyrgios' serves in the fourth set - Was able to get some decent returns off first serves and engage in rallies - In saying that, there was nothing wrong with Nick's serving tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How’s all the “Australians” in this thread bagging Nick. Think you guys should get over yourselves. Shows he can match it with the best on his day and occasionally shows a bit of frustration like any normal competitive human being.

Love watching him play as he’s different to the rest and is relatively relatable in the way he goes about things as an Australian. Sure he crosses the line some times but for the majority he’s just voicing thoughts and opinions that most of us have when playing sport (although not going as far as to voice them like he does).

I’d say he’s as Australian as it gets if we’re looking for people to represent us in sport. Doesn’t necessarily make it good viewing if we want winners but this country has never had ruthless finishers. He’s extremely competitive (and you’ll certainly know about it) in the moment but likely doesn’t give much of a s**t after the fact. Not sure why people hate him so much.

Just a preconceived opinion in their head to look straight at the negatives rather than the enjoyable viewing he gives everyone. People still tune in to watch him so that says it all. Why watch if you don’t like him?

How’s all the “Australians” in this thread bagging Nick. Think you guys should get over yourselves. Shows he can match it with the best on his day and occasionally shows a bit of frustration like any normal competitive human being.

Love watching him play as he’s different to the rest and is relatively relatable in the way he goes about things as an Australian. Sure he crosses the line some times but for the majority he’s just voicing thoughts and opinions that most of us have when playing sport (although not going as far as to voice them like he does).

I’d say he’s as Australian as it gets if we’re looking for people to represent us in sport. Doesn’t necessarily make it good viewing if we want winners but this country has never had ruthless finishers. He’s extremely competitive (and you’ll certainly know about it) in the moment but likely doesn’t give much of a sh*t after the fact. Not sure why people hate him so much.

Just a preconceived opinion in their head to look straight at the negatives rather than the enjoyable viewing he gives everyone. People still tune in to watch him so that says it all. Why watch if you don’t like him?
Good post and agree with all but the bolded.

Novak is in trouble here you feel like.

it is always tough to tell with him but that last shot showed no willingness to fight a long point.

I'd say his plan is to hold serve and win the match in the tiebreaker

I’d say he’s as Australian as it gets if we’re looking for people to represent us in sport. Doesn’t necessarily make it good viewing if we want winners but this country has never had ruthless finishers. He’s extremely competitive (and you’ll certainly know about it) in the moment but likely doesn’t give much of a sh*t after the fact. Not sure why people hate him so much.

Nick represents Nick. This isn't the Davis cup. He's in it for himself and himself only. What the * do I care if he's Australian in an individual sport

Umpy is finally telling the campaigners to shut the * up between serves

Why is every second kent wearing that same stupid Nike shirt Nick always wears

I'm on team Thiem to win the AO.

I hope he beats the Joker, Kyrgios is right, he's a knob.

I used to think Kyrgios was a knob but he isn't as much of a knob as the Joker and Nick is great to watch with his spats with officials and opponents,

He has the talent to win a Slam, he has all the tricks but needs to be more consistent, play the percentages instead of going for crowd pleasing winners.

Henri Leconte was a crowd pleaser and he never won a Slam.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back