News Virtual AGM 12th February from 5.30pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can somebody explain to me why some tin sh*t no supporter club like North Melbourne is debt free whilst we swim in debt?
The AFL fund Victorian football.

Port and the Crows fund SA football because the SANFL refuse to hand over control to the AFL.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It you want to hear what our new board member Christine Zeitz sounds like, what she does - or was doing at Leidos back in September 2017, or what she is allowed to talk about re her defence and intelligence agency work, what sort areas in defence and security she has worked in, how she managed a company of 900 people and looking to expand by another 250 people, then have a listen to the following podcast. There is a transcript of the 39 minute interview below the podcast play button.

You might have to reduce your screen to 90% to get a scroll bar.

Holly Ransom should be in complete awe of someone like Christine, who's actually gone out there and achieved the sort of things Holly hosts seminars about.

Can somebody explain to me why some tin sh*t no supporter club like North Melbourne is debt free whilst we swim in debt?
From memory they break even at less than $40m, where as almost every other club is in the $50m to $60m range, or above. No debt because they can't risk breaking the bank.

The return to the club's original `We exist to win premierships ' is so much better than the limp wristed community stuff and Koch's forelock tugging `little old blue collar club from Alberton!'

The stupid campaigner lost me at the exact moment he uttered that ridiculous BS!
The `little old blue collar club from Alberton!' line was OK the first time he uttered it, it seemed in context in discussing the origins of the club. But then he just kept trotting it out, interview after interview, year after year, as if this is what Port Adelaide still was. Totally missing the mark.

If they want 100,000 Members they will have to do better than this...

View attachment 1056881

If I were a prospective member and hit Membership on the menu I would expect to see the membership packages and options not a blank page.

Took a couple of seconds to load, but I got this:

1613182517437.png

Love the plans for the Port Club.
Not enamoured with bringing soccer (?????) and hoops into the venue.

The Alberton precinct needs to remain solely a footy based centre of excellence, not diluted by peripheral matters.

By all means include partnerships with other sports as a part of the Club collective and community branding, but keep them separate from our home ground ie. link up with the 36ers, Adelaide United, etc and keep them at their own venues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Alberton precinct needs to remain solely a footy based centre of excellence, not diluted by peripheral matters.

By all means include partnerships with other sports as a part of the Club collective and community branding, but keep them separate from our home ground ie. link up with the 36ers, Adelaide United, etc and keep them at their own venues.

Completely disagree. Make Port Adelaide the largest club, regardless of sport. Have all sports playing under the one banner and all of a sudden you have an army, not just a community.

Also imagine the corporate appeal when a prospective sponsor can see that not only do they get exposure from footy, but right the way down to grassroots soccer/netball/basketball. All of a sudden we name our price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holly Ransom should be in complete awe of someone like Christine, who's actually gone out there and achieved the sort of things Holly hosts seminars about.
Basically what I was thinking as I listened to it last night.

Did Tassie give them any dough in 2020 considering there were no games?
The extra AFL distributions are also a key over the last 5 years if not 2019 then 2018 they got $5m on top of the AFL base distribution.

Completely disagree. Make Port Adelaide the largest club, regardless of sport. Have all sports playing under the one banner and all of a sudden you have an army, not just a community.

Also imagine the corporate appeal when a prospective sponsor can see that not only do they get exposure from footy, but right the way down to grassroots soccer/netball/basketball. All of a sudden we name our price.

and where is the money for all this going to come from? Build it and they will come worked in the movies but it is a fair risk in real life. I will settle for being a successful AFL club first then worry about bells and whistles.

The other thing is I do not see any significant car parking in that mockup. You do not imagine that the Port Adelaide Enfield Council is going to allow a mega multi purpose sports complex without car parking? The land on which they propose to put the soccer pitch is currently used for car parking on match days.

and where is the money for all this going to come from? Build it and they will come worked in the movies but it is a fair risk in real life. I will settle for being a successful AFL club first then worry about bells and whistles.

The money obviously comes from benefactors and government grants. Narrow thinking like ‘concentrate on footy’ will leave us behind in the next wave, because we already missed the gravy train of AFLW. It’s also why we have a football department separate from the administration. It’s the football departments role to ensure success, the admins role to fund and seek additional revenue.

Also this is end game thinking, not start the build next year. I don’t know about you but I’d have loved to play basketball as a junior for ‘Port Adelaide’. It’s not as binary as just sticking our finger in many pies and hoping for the best, it’s about growing the community and indoctrinating generations of supporters.

The `little old blue collar club from Alberton!' line was OK the first time he uttered it, it seemed in context in discussing the origins of the club. But then he just kept trotting it out, interview after interview, year after year, as if this is what Port Adelaide still was. Totally missing the mark.
Sydney saviour complex. If we were a big club then he couldn’t save us.

The money obviously comes from benefactors and government grants. Narrow thinking like ‘concentrate on footy’ will leave us behind in the next wave, because we already missed the gravy train of AFLW. It’s also why we have a football department separate from the administration. It’s the football departments role to ensure success, the admins role to fund and seek additional revenue.

Also this is end game thinking, not start the build next year. I don’t know about you but I’d have loved to play basketball as a junior for ‘Port Adelaide’. It’s not as binary as just sticking our finger in many pies and hoping for the best, it’s about growing the community and indoctrinating generations of supporters.

Yep. Funding Funding Funding. State and Federal Govt Grants is they key to everything. Being in a safe seat at both levels hurts us which means we have to take a very utilitarian approach.

Are you for/against Indigenous boarding?

think about the rental income from using our world class facilities. Same as the Indigenous accomodattion, there would be significant federal funding involved there.

Membership, Sponsors and SMA Game day Robbery isn’t enough income to wipe out debt off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back