Training 2021 Training Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont want to debate..cbf with that sh*t on here anymore tbh.

But how much leadership and good culture has Hill brought to the table. Has ( Apparently) made questionable decisions off field regarding teammates sisters, was a road block for Kelly coming here apparently.

Blokes like Sandi, Pav, Mundy, Spur, Conca are the type of blokes you need for leadership & Culture. Not Hill imo. Would of given him 1 year, he honesty should of took the 3 year deal at the suns.

Stephen Hill a trouble maker now 😂

Wouldn’t of thought so

I thought it was both him and Brad. Either way I've never heard anything bad about Stephen Hill ever. Other than him being too introverted and quiet.
Either way Kelly made the wrong choice. In two years he’ll be stuck in an Eagles rebuild while we start to hit our prime.

Re Hill, he was starting to get form last year so even if he was on a one year contract - I'm sure it would have been extended into 2021. Let's not panic too early. The season is still over a month away. I would rather give Hill another chance and a proper chance at a farewell than picking up a late pick in the most compromised AFL draft ever last year.

Also re Kelly. I'm glad we didn't trade for him. Surely Geelong would have been asking for our pick 8 and pick 9 in return. I would much rather Serong and Young than a inconsistent outside midfielder who is 27 in a few months.

Stephen Hill a trouble maker now 😂

Wouldn’t of thought so

Turning 31 with something like 13 years of responsible service on an AFL list, it just screams Off The Rails pending.

I'm not even sure Hill is B22 anymore and we may never see his best again but I'm ok with him on the list for just a little longer, we've got plenty of talent fighting for his spot and you never know, that one run of games where he is fit (and others aren't) and he can apply all of his experience might just be the one run of games when we really need it.

Re Hill, he was starting to get form last year so even if he was on a one year contract - I'm sure it would have been extended into 2021. Let's not panic too early. The season is still over a month away. I would rather give Hill another chance and a proper chance at a farewell than picking up a late pick in the most compromised AFL draft ever last year.

Also re Kelly. I'm glad we didn't trade for him. Surely Geelong would have been asking for our pick 8 and pick 9 in return. I would much rather Serong and Young than a inconsistent outside midfielder who is 27 in a few months.

I agree with the conclusion in your last sentence but would credit Kelly as being a relatively high quality mid with both inside and outside capability. And who has pleasingly taken a backward step since donning the blue n yells.

Turning 31 with something like 13 years of responsible service on an AFL list, it just screams Off The Rails pending.

I'm not even sure Hill is B22 anymore and we may never see his best again but I'm ok with him on the list for just a little longer, we've got plenty of talent fighting for his spot and you never know, that one run of games where he is fit (and others aren't) and he can apply all of his experience might just be the one run of games when we really need it.
With that off the bench goal in Geelong being up there with J-Lo's after the siren dive into the crowd moment, he can stay on the list as long as he bloody wants as far as I'm concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having multiple issues with stress fractures has nothing to do with leg size. More to do with managing his workload.
Also, to maintain speed and athleticism, maybe he is deliberately avoiding getting too heavy.
Welcome back. I have missed your insight about Alex. Please don't let the dickheads stop you from posting.

In the GODs commentators made reference to players wearing jerseys or guernseys. Possibly more frequently the latter. I’m thinking Dick Buchanan, Frank Sparrow days.

Is that the one at the stock road markets complex? Had no idea that place was still operational.
Yep that’s the one. TWOC Brewing Supplies. The old boy has retired but I think it’s his daughter that runs it now. I’m putting down a kveik pale ale this weekend. Should be good to drink by the time the scratch match and Adelaide game come around.

Jersey?
Are they cows?
Footy jumpers, please.
Just like it is maths, not math.
Rascal, not rasscal
& castle, not casstle
Sorry to be pedantic

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Arse, not Ass.

Either way Kelly made the wrong choice. In two years he’ll be stuck in an Eagles rebuild while we start to hit our prime.

Either way I'm glad we didn't sell the farm for him.

Just watched the last couple quarters of the match sim.
Quality fast ball movement.
Treacy looked so good today.
Out played Chapman.
Chapman didn't have great day, he had to match up on Fyle for a while as well.
Meek much better against Lobb today.
The young mids all played well.

Out played Chapman.

Any surprises like Cox / Hamling / Fyfe forward?

Out played Chapman.
Did Treacy play deep forward?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back