Spearman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2017
expatriated in East Asia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ohio State Buckeyes
Will be interesting to see how well EM's successor does with the club's financial situation. EM gets plaudits for turning CFC into to financial powerhouse; how much of it will be shown to be dependent on his personal networking skills and passion, and how much has become club SOP?
caveat, I'm sure EM will continue to be a strong lobbyist for the club and influential.

Essendon “shocked” by assistant coach’s departure

James Kelly says his departure from Essendon shocked many within the club – including senior coach Ben Rutten.

Kelly decided to relinquish his role as an assistant coach at the Bombers on the eve of the 2021 season to spend more time with his family.

Well that ******* sucks I've been listening to team selections Thursday nights going right back to the 3GL days late 50s I guess.The campaigners can't help them selves always fiddling with something.
I actually don't mind this change - it does stop the over reactions to the naming of extended benches

I can see some positives to it, especially if a team is playing on the Sunday in that they aren't somewhat forced to name a squad on a Thursday night, and potentially have another 1 or 2 players on standby should changes need to be made due to injury. So if a player is under an injury cloud or pulled up a bit sore, they have any extra couple of days before the team is named

Less late changes and more certainty when the team is named would be another positive, and it does allow for flexibility within the fixture should they decide to do the 20 games in 20 days type thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it just means the melts will move to another night.

GO Catters
But they only get a couple of hours to melt before moving to the match day thread

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Probably only appropriate place to post this opinion. That izak rankine is going to be the best player in the AFL and a generational player of AFL once he builds a tank big enough to be a full time midfielder. Absolute freak of a player. Reminds me of Albert junior when he was a flanker early on.

Generational talent? lol, don't think so. Maybe top 10 player in the comp at some stage.
Not many shrimps end up dominating the league. Every now and again you have a Rioli or a Neale but they are few and far between those 178cm or shorter types.

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Generational talent? lol, don't think so. Maybe top 10 player in the comp at some stage.
Not many shrimps end up dominating the league. Every now and again you have a Rioli or a Neale but they are few and far between those 178cm or shorter types.

you replied to tell me he won’t be a generational player because his short?? Wonderful detailed insights as always

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
you replied to tell me he won’t be a generational player because his short?? Wonderful detailed insights as always
I reckon he looks really good. Has talent and seems cocky enough to use it a lot.
That new guy Footscray has that we should've got is meant to be the next Buddy apparently.
So Izac might have some competition.

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
I reckon he looks really good. Has talent and seems cocky enough to use it a lot.
That new guy Footscray has that we should've got is meant to be the next Buddy apparently.

have a look at rankines highlight reel and imagine what will be once he is consistent and a permanent midfielder.

reminds me a lot of a young ablett jnr.

the most talented youngster since ablett junior at least. Able to do a lot of freakish things in congestion and around the footy that I can only say a handful of players would be able to do.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Sounds like a good change to me.

The thursday night selection is a holdover from when every game started at 2.10pm on a Saturday arvo. Makes a lot more sense for it to be on a day by day basis. Not like there are even any TV shows anymore that need all the teams to be released on the Thursday night (Footy Show, League Teams)

well my fantasy team needs a re do now.

Do you also have Rowan Marshall - I know they say 1 month, but a stress injury in the foot, isn't necessarily the easiest if injuries to overcome

ST KILDA has been dealt a major blow with ruckman Rowan Marshall to miss the start of the 2021 season with a stress injury in his foot.

Marshall will be sidelined for at least the next month – that coincides with round one – with hope he will ramp up his recovery soon after.

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Do you also have Rowan Marshall - I know they say 1 month, but a stress injury in the foot, isn't necessarily the easiest if injuries to overcome

ST KILDA has been dealt a major blow with ruckman Rowan Marshall to miss the start of the 2021 season with a stress injury in his foot.

Marshall will be sidelined for at least the next month – that coincides with round one – with hope he will ramp up his recovery soon after.

nah don’t have him. Not many good ruckman at a low to moderate price. Didn’t go the pricey lock n forget of gawn or grundy like the world does. Will have to wait for pre season to see who to pick now. Maybe I will just throw in GWS replacement ruck now.

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
Imagine if he was allowed the the Buddy natural arc with the new rule where the man guarding the mark is super glue to the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back