Universal Love COVID-19 Pastoral Care

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
There are 2 statements that leave me fuming . The first is " If you can't stand the Heat in the kitchen , get out" usually by people who have never worked in a kitchen ever . The second is " i want this bloke in the trenches with me in a war" by people who have never been near a war . I have , i wouldn't wish it on anyone . Stop pretending a real war is anything remotely to do with a sporting contest.
Judging by most sports I watch these days, if a war broke out and like WW2 etc, the stars ended up in armed service, it would be full of blokes rocking up and pretending to be shot and hoping a wars crime tribunal was on hand to give them a free something or other, I think my analogy broke before had this thought finished.

I'm in Halls gap for the weekend.

Good place to be for a few days during lock down but s**t nothing is open

I am genuinely surprised he locked the whole state down and not just metro Melbourne. But nothing should really surprise me these days

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Hope all of you are ok. This sucks.
Meh, its the Victorian way. Just waiting for this to get completely out of hand again.

Its clear we are incapable of managing hotel quarantine.

Meh, its the Victorian way. Just waiting for this to get completely out of hand again.

Its clear we are incapable of managing hotel quarantine.
yep and even more clearer that the health minister is a ******* deluded idiot

Yesterday he had the balls to say that overall the hotel quarantine had been a raging success

Mrs Crimson was watching some show called firefly lane and I swear one of the main characters is Jordan Lewis.

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm in Halls gap for the weekend.

Good place to be for a few days during lock down but sh*t nothing is open

I am genuinely surprised he locked the whole state down and not just metro Melbourne. But nothing should really surprise me these days

I was surprised about the whole state at first, but then Mrs Meds made a good point that if it wasn't everywhere then Melburnians had 10 hours to make a run for the country - houses of friends, family, airBnB's, whatever - and that risked the outbreak spreading even further. Sure it sucks for people in Mildura and Mallacoota but at least they're not being inundated with selfish city-folk. If after five days it hasn't left metro Melbourne then they can relax country restrictions without risking a mass exodus

I was surprised about the whole state at first, but then Mrs Meds made a good point that if it wasn't everywhere then Melburnians had 10 hours to make a run for the country - houses of friends, family, airBnB's, whatever - and that risked the outbreak spreading even further. Sure it sucks for people in Mildura and Mallacoota but at least they're not being inundated with selfish city-folk. If after five days it hasn't left metro Melbourne then they can relax country restrictions without risking a mass exodus

Not sure I really agree with you. Those so called selfish city folk bring cash with them and stimulate these towns economies. The shop owners up here I spoke to say Feb is usually quiet but with Valentines day falling on a weekend they were pretty booked out. So they go from on Thursday expecting a big weekend to Friday looking at scraps and looking at losing money. All because there are 0 cases within 200km of them.

I dont think having restrictions possibly eased in 5 days after having their biggest cash making weekend for 2 months cancelled is going to soften the blow tbh

Thinking of you Vics right know, but i sensing the worst is yet to come. Hope i am wrong.
Nah, you're probably right, all official forecasting and forecasting from hospitals suggested a very high chance of a third wave in Feb/march. The govt would know this and we're in this lockdown to stop it ramping up. Unlikely that we stop it because of idiots breaking rules and then the media giving these nuffies the limelight.

Had to cancel a few things from the social calendar this weekend. Thankfully they were mostly events I didn't want to attend anyway.
Really hoping it's just 5 days because I don't want Peta Credlin to be right.
What a face on that thing, holy sh*t.
I reckon the odds of this lockdown going longer than 5 days is pretty short tbh. 2 weeks seems to sound like possibly best case scenario

Today will be the key day if the number of new cases jumps up to 5+ be prepared to be locked down longer. If it pulls back to 1 or 2 we may be ok

I reckon the odds of this lockdown going longer than 5 days is pretty short tbh. 2 weeks seems to sound like possibly best case scenario

Today will be the key day if the number of new cases jumps up to 5+ be prepared to be locked down longer. If it pulls back to 1 or 2 we may be ok
Need a day of 1 or 2 and then a day of 0 and for all close contacts to have been tested and isolating. Might just need a couple more days to hit these checkpoints. no biggie.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power

I think you're right, but if the lockdown is extended I'd hope there's an easing of at least some restrictions, and let our regional friends have a normal life back if there's no cases outside of metropolitan Melbourne.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

1 today which they already spoke about yesterday, fingers crossed for a couple of 0 days tomorrow and Wednesday.

Good signs today guys, only 1 new locally transmitted case. It's the mother of the child who was a confirmed case yesterday, she was being treated as a positive case yesterday so it's basically a 0 case day. Tomorrow is crunch day, a lot of close contacts getting tested, more exposure sites. We go less than 2 and we're a good chance to be out by the 5 days.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
It’s bizarre really. I’ve been WFH for 5 weeks less than a full year.

Its selfish I know, but just for me I would keep to current arrangements and then go from there. I get that it is about others though, like trying to bring workers back to the city to sustain businesses there and all

It’s bizarre really. I’ve been WFH for 5 weeks less than a full year.

Its selfish I know, but just for me I would keep to current arrangements and then go from there. I get that it is about others though, like trying to bring workers back to the city to sustain businesses there and all
I've had the option to work from home but refuse to, it would do my head in

Having said that if I was still working in the city I probably would work from home a few days a werk

Back