Politics Black Lives Matter

I'm from WA, 26 January has nothing to do with us. It's NSW Day as far as I'm concerned.

Most Aboriginals are urbanites.
A mission in the middle of nowhere is considered urban if the population is high enough according to the ABS. Towns like Derby, Broome and Kununurra are all considered urban even tho English may not be the first language for everyone in those places as well.

sdfc

Premiership Player
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swans
All those towns are in a remote area. The majority of Aboriginals don't live in remote areas.

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
is not the
Dunno what celebrating the founding of a prison colony in NSW has to do with Australia but I think you are right about increasing High School graduation rates. So we should make sure we teach English as a second (or third) language in remote indigenous communities and teach "Aboriginal English" which is a local dialect usually, in areas where local blackfellas no longer speak traditional languages when young indigenous kids start their schooling.

This more than anything else will encourage indigenous kids to stay at school for the duration.
an element is determined, as Disraeli's Sybil or The Two Nations, as urban citizens deal in the modern world and future world, this is foreign to rural population* and the cleft is widened, but WASP squattocracyandindigenous peoples

*one many say that technology and broadband fibre-optics will soon solve this predicament, I beg to differ, at the very least, we will occur generational lag as rural communities lie decades behind in the culture, less the technology

*Peter Yates(ex Macquarie and PBLPacker chief, and his brother Oliver Yates, Maxquarie WallStreet Chief circa 2012, before he took on Frydenberg as independent in kooyongcolt glenferrie seat) Peter Yates on Lateline Business told Ticky about a dozen years back, that "We[pbl] We like our rural hires"... now, Peter and Oliver boarded at kew with the jesuits at Xavs, so from the pastoral stock on the riverina at Xavs to Parkville, how rural qua rural were Peter and Oliver ?
point is, because the folk from the farming geography aint bombarded with 24-7 stimuli and extra-curricular activity they need to enrich their development without the exogenous attraction from city life... = endogenous ethic
i got to speak to peter and oliver at pria viswallingham's feature documentary Decadence which launched at Nova like SueletteDreyfus' ABC doc on Assange , which was launched at Nova, but i did not know it was Oliver nor Peter and OY was an exec producer of the film, 24months before he challenged Josh Frydenberg

highshool graduation rates may be more about the prussian school of pedagogy and instilling discipline,

disciplines we can nourish and develop with alternate structure

gaps are bound to exacerbate between indigenous and those who have access to future opportunities, any imported solution much like the State Department's government-in-a-box in Afghanistan, will bear little fruit and waste commitment, the solution will be organic, it may not be Noel Pearson, but a thousand different Noel Pearson, and just beta-test all failures to get closer to key to instill future successes , but if the population is based outside the capitals, they will not have access to fruits of city life.

sdfc

Premiership Player
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swans
Aboriginal school attendance rates are significantly below non-Aboriginal attendance rates across all regional categories. The higher educational attainment the smaller the employment gap.

CatFan79

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2004
AFL Club
Geelong
Aboriginal school attendance rates are significantly below non-Aboriginal attendance rates across all regional categories. The higher educational attainment the smaller the employment gap.

See now you're highlighting ACTUAL problems with measurable impacts.. The lefty virtue signaling brigade won't like this. They won't have it.

Changing the date and loosening laws to lower Aboriginal incarceration rates is a much better idea.. :rolleyes:

See now you're highlighting ACTUAL problems with measurable impacts.. The lefty virtue signaling brigade won't like this. They won't have it.

Changing the date and loosening laws to lower Aboriginal incarceration rates is a much better idea.. :rolleyes:
Don’t pretend you care.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
What's the deal with that player profile of Heritier Lumumba from the paper in 2007?

Did he fill out that profile with the racist nickname by himself? Or did the club, or teammates do it?

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth

<<<Yet another example of police engaging in extremely inappropriate and offensive mockery of victims of police brutality has emerged in the Los Angeles department where cops were passing around a George Floyd-themed Valentine’s Day card via email. The caption on the virtual card featuring Floyd’s face read: “You take my breath away>>>>

<<<Yet another example of police engaging in extremely inappropriate and offensive mockery of victims of police brutality has emerged in the Los Angeles department where cops were passing around a George Floyd-themed Valentine’s Day card via email. The caption on the virtual card featuring Floyd’s face read: “You take my breath away>>>>
You should see the racist memes an ex-Baltimore cop posts in a gaming Discord group I am in. Includes really gross Holocaust related stuff. I tell him to STFU every time but that’s never going to change him.

Seems OTT...

So many times we see "this school sent this home" as if the school is dictating what parents must believe from now on.

Then you find out it's a part of stimulus material for an essay or assignment or something else worthwhile, and it is just being posted by some Twitter grifter looking to make trouble and get followers.

Without context this is the sort of thing I dismiss out of hand.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
So many times we see "this school sent this home" as if the school is dictating what parents must believe from now on.

Then you find out it's a part of stimulus material for an essay or assignment or something else worthwhile, and it is just being posted by some Twitter grifter looking to make trouble and get followers.

Without context this is the sort of thing I dismiss out of hand.
That's fair enough. But even making all those allowances, isn't the material a bit nutty in its own right?

Being against racism is admirable. But when it tips over into this new creed of "Anti-Racism", producing stuff like this, I'm not sure it's constructive at all. Although I see this is a few years old, so not totally new new.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Look at this nonsense tweeteed out by an educator in the US. Apparently "characteristics of white supremacy" include perfectionism, individualism, a sense of urgency and objectivity. Setting aside whether this is accurate or not, what are they suggesting as preferable alternatives to this "white supremacy"? No, we need a "culture of love" instead?

Isn't this actually deeply condescending to non-whites? Like, "you don't need to worry about perfectionism or a sense of urgency - those are just trappings of white supremacy". Surely those attitudes go hand in hand with hard work and achievement? Now they're perjoratives that indicate white supremacy? This is nuts.

Chief can you explain this to me? If this is the new Anti-Racism agenda, I don't get it at all.

Last edited:

sdfc

Premiership Player
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swans
Look at this nonsense tweeteed out by an educator in the US. Apparently "characteristics of white supremacy" include perfectionism, individualism, a sense of urgency and objectivity. Setting aside whether this is accurate or not, what are they suggesting as preferable alternatives to this "white supremacy"?

The US has gone collectively insane

Back