Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

A transport ship explodes in the 1st scene of the 3rd season.
Mando “Cara was on that ship.”

Or the classic “I have to go now. My planet needs me”.

1226391.gif

Holy ******* s**t.

They’ve saved Star Wars!!!!

I had no idea this was coming; absolute shivers down my spine - I didn’t believe it was him until I saw the glove... even then, I was suspicious they were going to “subvert my expectations” (* you Rian)...

Finally we get to see Luke just dominating; carving up those weapons without breaking a sweat.

So, so, so good!!

Holy ******* sh*t.

They’ve saved Star Wars!!!!

I had no idea this was coming; absolute shivers down my spine - I didn’t believe it was him until I saw the glove... even then, I was suspicious they were going to “subvert my expectations” (fu** you Rian)...

Finally we get to see Luke just dominating; carving up those weapons without breaking a sweat.

So, so, so good!!
Yeah, if there’s one thing I thought coming out of Return of the Jedi, it’s how much like Rambo Luke Skywalker was...

Yeah, if there’s one thing I thought coming out of Return of the Jedi, it’s how much like Rambo Luke Skywalker was...

You must have missed the sail barge scene I guess. Pee break maybe.

You must have missed the sail barge scene I guess. Pee break maybe.
Nope, came right after he tried to negotiate with Jabba, looking to avoid violence. And came before even more character development, where he threw away his lightsaber and rejected violence. The idea that a Luke Skywalker wrecking s**t is a more accurate representation of his character than the Last Jedi’s thoughtful Luke is childish fantasy.

Nope, came right after he tried to negotiate with Jabba, looking to avoid violence. And came before even more character development, where he threw away his lightsaber and rejected violence. The idea that a Luke Skywalker wrecking sh*t is a more accurate representation of his character than the Last Jedi’s thoughtful Luke is childish fantasy.

Can't believe you're still melting about this.

Can't believe you're still melting about this.
It’s been a month. People are still whinging about TLJ three years later. I’ve got plenty of time to catch up.

Also might want to look up the meaning of melt. One example might be people claiming a movie ‘ruined Star Wars forever’. Disliking a story beat while liking a show overall... funny definition, but you do you.

It’s been a month. People are still whinging about TLJ three years later. I’ve got plenty of time to catch up.

Also might want to look up the meaning of melt. One example might be people claiming a movie ‘ruined Star Wars forever’. Disliking a story beat while liking a show overall... funny definition, but you do you.

Another example might be "GRR that's not my Luke Skywalker". Which is kinda what you're doing here.

Enjoy your night.

Me too. I just worry that cgi Luke could be meh.

Surely somewhere in the Acting world there is a young look a like Luke?

Read one of Hamill’s tweets - it seems like they specifically went with him as a way of apology and to give him the positive ending to his proper involvement that he deserves.

I suspect if there is another series featuring Luke, it’ll be a different actor - but giving Hamill this was a beautiful touch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This isn’t immediately after Jedi, right?

Unlike the shithouse sequels, they allowed a passage of time to give time for character growth and changes to the galaxy.

Also, and no offense mate, but I don’t care about your opinion when it comes to Star Wars - your defense of the absolute debacle that has been the sequel trilogy invalidates it in my eyes

So Luke was supposed to sum up the dire straights they were all in at the end of Mando and sit down and sing “Imagine”?

The same guy who repeatedly uses his light Sabre to repeatedly smash down on the Emperor in Return of the Jedi or was triggered because Vader mentioned “sister”?

Righto...

The idea that a Luke Skywalker wrecking sh*t is a more accurate representation of his character than the Last Jedi’s thoughtful Luke is childish fantasy.
All you have to base this is on is.... RJ's warped idea of post-ROTJ Luke -versus- tons of "Legends" material in books/comics/videogames of post ROTJ Luke

All you have to base this is on is.... RJ's warped idea of post-ROTJ Luke -versus- tons of "Legends" material in books/comics/videogames of post ROTJ Luke

I push back slightly on this because the Luke of the books was also very anti-violence at least in the NJO where he was very much aligned with TLJ at least initially, however the point keeps coming back to the fact that both NJO and TLJ are about 30-35 years post ANH, whereas Mandalorian is more in line with Shadows of Mindor and other Legends material where he's wrecking shop when needed because he's a young enthusiastic Jedi Knight.

So Luke was supposed to sum up the dire straights they were all in at the end of Mando and sit down and sing “Imagine”?

The same guy who repeatedly uses his light Sabre to repeatedly smash down on the Emperor in Return of the Jedi or was triggered because Vader mentioned “sister”?

Righto...
You need to watch the movie to explain the movie

Nope, came right after he tried to negotiate with Jabba, looking to avoid violence. And came before even more character development, where he threw away his lightsaber and rejected violence. The idea that a Luke Skywalker wrecking sh*t is a more accurate representation of his character than the Last Jedi’s thoughtful Luke is childish fantasy.

The bitter old green T**ty milk drinking coward isolating himself from his sister, best friend and nephew while the galaxy burns is definitely an accurate portrayal of the man who faced down the two biggest monsters in the galaxy with the idea that he could turn one of them back to the light side. :rolleyes:

I was in agreement until you called Jake Skywalker thoughtful.

I was in agreement until you called Jake Skywalker thoughtful.
Maybe they can retcon the ST by using Legends material where Luke was cloned and the clone was called Luuke, but in a future SW project they can call that clone Jake...and that's the Skywalker that Rey etc interacted with in the ST.

I finally realised what your interpretation of TLJ reminds me of. Bert and his book of boring stories.

Did you really think the droid Dark Troopers were willing to negotiate a peaceful surrender?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back