Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Last edited:

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its funny how history paints people in certain lights. Nicky Winmar is a genuine POS who stole from or f’ed over nearly every single local club he played for after his AFL career. Every year the legend of his trail blazing grows yet his actions as an individual and how he treated others doesn't reflect his deity status
If you were there and can confirm this then .. hats off to you!

Ps. Do you think he might have done anything remotely positive throughout that period.

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
If you were there and can confirm this then .. hats off to you!

Ps. Do you think he might have done anything remotely positive throughout that period.

I'm not sure what angle you are taking but it's widely known within local football circles that he f**ked over many clubs including two in the association I played in, he doesn't get a hall pass from criticism of s**t behaviour

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Nice and well played. You just won a free trip courtesy of Air America

Oh, I know I'm never going back there. They're expert trolls; they'd let me pay for tickets, give me a visa, enjoy sitting on my arse for 17 hours, then pull me aside in Immigration and let me stew in a cell for a day or two before sticking me on a flight back (at full fare, at my expense).

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not sure what angle you are taking but it's widely known within local football circles that he f**ked over many clubs including two in the association I played in, he doesn't get a hall pass from criticism of sh*t behaviour
Not playing any angles mate. What you have said sounds fair and reasonable to me so i will take your word for it. Suburban footy? I'm much further north and he never ventured our way.

the avoca drover

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2007
The house of Jim Jess
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon UTT
I'm not sure what angle you are taking but it's widely known within local football circles that he f**ked over many clubs including two in the association I played in, he doesn't get a hall pass from criticism of sh*t behaviour
Spit it out craffles , what did he do?

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Spit it out craffles , what did he do?

Asked for a mammoth up front sign on fee and never played a game for a club. Pissed off during the middle of a season for another after up front payments again. Unconfirmed rumours at the time of sticky fingers as well. This is just from one league.

Asked for a mammoth up front sign on fee and never played a game for a club. Pissed off during the middle of a season for another after up front payments again. Unconfirmed rumours at the time of sticky fingers as well. This is just from one league.
Perhaps there’s more to the story, and you’ve only heard one side?

Years ago I was told of a story where Derek Kickett signed on to play with Tatura in the GVFL, he rocked up to training a few times, and then disappeared. Locals not happy.

The other part of the story that I heard years later again to give it some context was that his wife turned up to the club to watch him train and she was treated pretty rough by those stalwarts in the club who “didn’t want her type hanging around”. That was the end of that, as the story goes - not sure how true it all is.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sounds like the rumours about Damian Cupido.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 30, 2011
Right behind you
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gunners & Steelers

I live on the vic / nsw border and I can tell you ex AFL players are a crap shoot. Some do the right thing but most are morons that think the world owes them a living. Funnily enough Fev was one of the better ones. Did his duty, kicked goals, brought in the crowds, and hung around acting like a normal bloke after

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams

Winmar and.Cupido aren't rumours they are legit, have connections to people involved at both clubs in the outer east of Vic they played at.

Not sure why it's so hard to believe that a guy who played football is a scumbag.

Buckleys_Chance

Team Captain
Sep 24, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd call you the piece of sh*t. Are the traditions of the Yahl Cricket Club hard to grow out of dick head.
Well said. If someone with mental health issues outs a racist culture, is it still a racist culture? Name a notable public figure that doesn't have flaws... Even Ghandi was rumoured to be a pants man. People just want to play the man, to avoid the issue. Collingwood does have a systematic racism issue. They PAID for an independent review and it said just that. Lumumba was right. End of story.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

UPDATE ON PREVIOUS RUMOUR

For those who like to shop online, the AFL Store is having a huge sale of Jonathon Patton dolls

jX7DfYo.jpg

As an aficionado of electronic gentleman's entertainment I'm amazed none of those pictures have turned up.
On the basis that most people know he’s still in hospital and have read between the lines, I’m not surprised that people are leaving the jokes alone.

I genuinely had no idea he was still in hospital and certainly didn't mean to offend.
Oh, I didn’t mean you offended me, but yeah, he’s still in there so the rumors of self harm seem to be true.

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Winmar and.Cupido aren't rumours they are legit, have connections to people involved at both clubs in the outer east of Vic they played at.

Not sure why it's so hard to believe that a guy who played football is a scumbag.
Yes, you are unfortunately correct on both counts.
The latter was a pretty decent guy and amazing talent , was incredible what he could do prior to AFL. Real shame how its turned out .

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yes, you are unfortunately correct on both counts.
The latter was a pretty decent guy and amazing talent , was incredible what he could do prior to AFL. Real shame how its turned out .
Used to see Cupido out and about pretty regularly back in about ‘05 with a bunch of the Essendon wannabe rat pack. Often kinda cut a sad figure - remember him bizarrely begging bar staff for a Red Bull at 3am after the lights came on a Wednesday night.

Can understand why Sheeds blasted those guys out of the airlock at the first available opportunity.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I live on the vic / nsw border and I can tell you ex AFL players are a crap shoot. Some do the right thing but most are morons that think the world owes them a living. Funnily enough Fev was one of the better ones. Did his duty, kicked goals, brought in the crowds, and hung around acting like a normal bloke after
General consensus on Fev from people who have met him at these functions/suburban games is that he means well and just had an impulse control problem.

Knew a guy who would book sports stars for events etc and said he could be difficult, but seems when you let him have a run on the field and a few beers he’s in his element.

Seems to have his life in order again. Sadly there are plenty of dudes less famous but far worse behaved out there.

Post padding

Premiership Player
Nov 15, 2009
echuca
AFL Club
Carlton
Perhaps there’s more to the story, and you’ve only heard one side?

Years ago I was told of a story where Derek Kickett signed on to play with Tatura in the GVFL, he rocked up to training a few times, and then disappeared. Locals not happy.

The other part of the story that I heard years later again to give it some context was that his wife turned up to the club to watch him train and she was treated pretty rough by those stalwarts in the club who “didn’t want her type hanging around”. That was the end of that, as the story goes - not sure how true it all is.

Fair bit of truth to the second part of this story.

Back