Training Preseason for season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

FULL PRE-SEASON FIXTURE

Note: All times are AEDT

Thursday March 4

Carlton v St Kilda, Marvel Stadium (7:10pm)

Friday March 5

Collingwood v Richmond, Marvel Stadium (7:10pm)

Saturday March 6

Hawthorn v North Melbourne, University of Tasmania Stadium (1:10pm)

Fremantle v Adelaide Crows, Fremantle Oval (1:10pm)

Geelong Cats v Essendon, GMHBA Stadium (7:10pm)

Sunday March 7

Sydney Swans v Gold Coast Suns, GIANTS Stadium (1:10pm)

GWS Giants v Brisbane Lions, Manuka Oval (4:10pm)

West Coast Eagles v Port Adelaide, Leederville Oval (7:10pm)

Monday March 8

Western Bulldogs v Melbourne, Marvel Stadium (3:10pm)

A lot of Idun shown in there, quite a bit of Angwin and Bruhn as well

Probably reading a bit into it, but I enjoy seeing the young blokes getting involved in this sort of stuff

A lot of Idun shown in there, quite a bit of Angwin and Bruhn as well

Probably reading a bit into it, but I enjoy seeing the young blokes getting involved in this sort of stuff

Yeah. Always good seeing them fire up and get into it.

I’m guessing this was our intra-club game. Too bad we couldn’t get the whole thing like in previous years.

Well, the club has talked up Idun quite a lot - I won't be shocked if he's in the round 1 side, based on everything seen/heard. Playing that ''7th man'' position in between the true talls & the medium/running defenders. Davis/Taylor/Haynes/Idun/Whitfield (hopefully!)/Ash/Cumming is what I read into the comments. Kennedy & Wehr the other possibles for the Cumming position I would think logically.

With Angwin being so light and raw it's difficult to consider he'd be possible for early season; but if we look at 2016-17 when we were playing our best footy, Scully running up and down the wing providing outlet options, pressuring through his presence ... so maybe the coaches are just looking at the future and hoping he/it can arrive quickly.

With Angwin being so light and raw it's difficult to consider he'd be possible for early season; but if we look at 2016-17 when we were playing our best footy, Scully running up and down the wing providing outlet options, pressuring through his presence ... so maybe the coaches are just looking at the future and hoping he/it can arrive quickly.
He's not got the same inside capabilities as him, but Angwins frame, skill execution and endurance gives me a Sam Walsh vibe, so could fit on a wing early

Hay guys

Do you think Cogs will continue to spend a lot of time fwd this season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hay guys

Do you think Cogs will continue to spend a lot of time fwd this season?
Well, hopefully somewhat less because he's back to his best on-ball. That said, he's always played a reasonable amount forward so it won't reduce to zero. I think he'll still rotate forward in synch with others such as Timmy Taranto and Tom Green.

Well, hopefully somewhat less because he's back to his best on-ball. That said, he's always played a reasonable amount forward so it won't reduce to zero. I think he'll still rotate forward in synch with others such as Timmy Taranto and Tom Green.
Any insights from the training as to who will take your kick outs? Yes, AFL Fantasy question!

I'm liking Ash for a big year, he has plenty of talent, I'm hoping he gets the opportunities.

Lachie Ash & Tom Green impressed Matt. :thumbsu:

Got to be honest. Not a fan of these slowmo “mini-movies”. They don’t really show anything.

Prefer when they gave us the full “game”.

Hopefully a dream is up for the scratch match against the swans and intra-club later.

Watching that video, I reckon the dark Guernsey's are what the coaching staff see as the best 22

looked like a firsts v reserves PRIMARILY
Some things I Noticed for the 1sts

Flynn ruck
Idun and Green

For the reserves
Hopper MDB and Hogan and surprisingly Cumming I think but I am sure we will get more of an idea with any other hitouts before the pre season game

No Reid in the footage so not sure if he is on limited training and from the earlier reports No Whitfield, Keefe and Davis

looked like a firsts v reserves PRIMARILY
Some things I Noticed for the 1sts

Flynn ruck
Idun and Green

For the reserves
Hopper MDB and Hogan and surprisingly Cumming I think but I am sure we will get more of an idea with any other hitouts before the pre season game

No Reid in the footage so not sure if he is on limited training and from the earlier reports No Whitfield, Keefe and Davis

I noticed hogan too. But quite often they rotate players through for matchup reasons. May want to test him on the better defenders maybe

Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back