Competitions Ultimate Footy II

Remove this Banner Ad

Set one up yourself. The problem I had was we had 12 players from last year, but 14 this year. How do the new players pull together a competitive team? I just didn’t know how, and I wanted to be fair.
Maybe just kick out the new teams on a last on the bus first off basis?

There was an open invitation to new teams because we were short. We got more than expected. I am happy for someone else to take over and they can manage it. As for discussion, I did try but got a range of responses.

For anyone disappointed with the demise of our keeper leagues this year, I have created a new KEEPER league limited to Maximum of 12 teams to start from scratch this year. Open to everyone, so expected to fill up quick. Draft will be on Sunday night 15th at 8pm (AEDT0 or 7pm for Qld). There will be 40 players per team (20 starters, 5 emerg, and 15 on bench). Draft will be live online with only 30 seconds allowed for each pick (the short time is because we have to get through so many picks.) Looking for serious coaches who wish to continue on an annual basis and retain the bulk of their list from year to year.

The league code to join up is https://www.ultimatefooty.com.au/249918/invitation

For anyone disappointed with the demise of our keeper leagues this year, I have created a new KEEPER league limited to Maximum of 12 teams to start from scratch this year. Open to everyone, so expected to fill up quick. Draft will be on Sunday night 15th at 8pm (AEDT0 or 7pm for Qld). There will be 40 players per team (20 starters, 5 emerg, and 15 on bench). Draft will be live online with only 30 seconds allowed for each pick (the short time is because we have to get through so many picks.) Looking for serious coaches who wish to continue on an annual basis and retain the bulk of their list from year to year.

The league code to join up is https://www.ultimatefooty.com.au/249918/invitation

Only 1 place left....

I' m out too hard at 30 secs a pick and corona

I' m out too hard at 30 secs a pick and corona
Come on back BRWB, we miss you already! I admit the draft was difficult but we had a lot to get through (480 picks which could have taken up to 4 hours). As it was, it only took around 1 and a half hours, so several coaches (myself excluded) were very well prepared.
Anyway, the hard work has now been done, so lets enjoy this league (assuming coronavirus is favourable to us) for this year and for future years. Link to new thread is https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ultimate-footy-keeper-dynasty-league.1237433/

This Keeper League has been renewed for its second season and all returning coaches need to renew their team by Feb 19 to avoid missing out. Basically, each coach will need to delist minimum of 5 players from their squad of 4, so draft will be much smaller than last year when we had to select whole teams. Link to big footy thread devoted to this league is detailed above.
Come on back BRWB, Hot Dogs (Grassman?) and others.

This Keeper League has been renewed for its second season and all returning coaches need to renew their team by Feb 19 to avoid missing out. Basically, each coach will need to delist minimum of 5 players from their squad of 4, so draft will be much smaller than last year when we had to select whole teams. Link to big footy thread devoted to this league is detailed above.
Come on back BRWB, Hot Dogs (Grassman?) and others.

ok back

all players over 25 up for trade, prefer top 5 picks.

sorry to spam again, a reminder of a new season by season league. 8 teams so far. Also 2 users I dont know who have joined. please check in here or join.

Just a thought. If all coaches don’t come back maybe release a team or two back into the draft pool? Would make the draft more exciting and would even the games out even more this year? Anyway - see how many players come back but I think we’ll be looking for new ones off the main board anyway the way it’s headed and releasing a couple of teams into the pool will make it more attractive for new players to come in and will shake up how many players people decide to draft?

Just a thought. If all coaches don’t come back maybe release a team or two back into the draft pool? Would make the draft more exciting and would even the games out even more this year? Anyway - see how many players come back but I think we’ll be looking for new ones off the main board anyway the way it’s headed and releasing a couple of teams into the pool will make it more attractive for new players to come in and will shake up how many players people decide to draft?

I think if we were to release 2 teams (cant do one, has to be an even league) then squad sizes should he increased. I do prefer having a smaller dedicated league, than having to find 2 new coaches every season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This may be an option, we still have a few days to wait though for returning coaches. I expected Hot Dogs (Paddy) and Bullish Bulldogs (chris) to return as they were both regular players last year, so hopefully theyll be back before the cut off date of 19th. There are a couple of new ones expressing interst too on the league dedicated thread in the Ultimate Footy section.

Ok, time is up for returning coaches. We have 8 returned out of 12, so I am now opening up the remaining teams for interested coaches in this thread initially, and if necessary to the public in UF later tomorrow (so get in quick :)).

Invitation code is https://www.ultimatefooty.com.au/485601/invitation

For info, new coaches will take over an existing squad (all 12 teams were pretty competitive last year). After being allocated a team, you will need to confirm your keepers (a maximum of 35 out of your squad of 40) and then we'll conduct a draft to fill the remaining spots in the reverse ladder order from last year.

Ok, time is up for returning coaches. We have 8 returned out of 12, so I am now opening up the remaining teams for interested coaches in this thread initially, and if necessary to the public in UF later tomorrow (so get in quick :)).

Invitation code is https://www.ultimatefooty.com.au/485601/invitation

For info, new coaches will take over an existing squad (all 12 teams were pretty competitive last year). After being allocated a team, you will need to confirm your keepers (a maximum of 35 out of your squad of 40) and then we'll conduct a draft to fill the remaining spots in the reverse ladder order from last year.

3 more places to go. All welcome to join ..... invitation above.

Welcome! As soon as the other 2 places are filled, the teams belonging to the non-returning coaches (only 4) will be randomly allocated to the new coaches. You'll then be able to drop down box title Draft and nominate the players from your allocated squad of 40 that you wish to retain on your list. You need to nominate a maximum of 35 leaving at lease 5 draft picks to fill. The draft will be in the reverse order that the teams finished last year.

Welcome! As soon as the other 2 places are filled, the teams belonging to the non-returning coaches (only 4) will be randomly allocated to the new coaches. You'll then be able to drop down box title Draft and nominate the players from your allocated squad of 40 that you wish to retain on your list. You need to nominate a maximum of 35 leaving at lease 5 draft picks to fill. The draft will be in the reverse order that the teams finished last year.
Sounds great!

Just to float an idea - maybe new players could pick from the available teams as they join? First come first serve kinda thing, and it means we could get started planning our teams right away. Just an idea though.

Where can I find information about scoring and maybe data from last year?

Sounds great!

Just to float an idea - maybe new players could pick from the available teams as they join? First come first serve kinda thing, and it means we could get started planning our teams right away. Just an idea though.

Where can I find information about scoring and maybe data from last year?
You can find details about scoring etc under League / Settings. We also have a dedicated bigfooty thread to this league under Fantasy footy games / Ultimate Footy. Thread details are: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ultimate-footy-keeper-dynasty-league.1237433/

You can find details about scoring etc under League / Settings. We also have a dedicated bigfooty thread to this league under Fantasy footy games / Ultimate Footy. Thread details are: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ultimate-footy-keeper-dynasty-league.1237433/
Sorry, heaps of questions.

So how does the scoring work? Most of it's self explanatory - 2 points a kick, 3 points a tackle etc. - but how does scoreboard impact and goal kicking accuracy work?

We do category scoring.

so it will combine all your kicks, all of your opponents kicks. The team that gets more gets 1 point.

the categories are

score
score accuracy
kicks
handballs
marks
tackles
hitouts
frees for
frees against. (the least frees get the point)

Personal opinion, i suppose, but I believe that Ultimate Footy is a much better platform than AFL Fantasy or Supercoach. It seems more customizable, and is quite user friendly once you get used to it. It has both the classic (1 season) version and the Keeper League version which is what we are. The benefit of Keeper League is that you retain most of your players from season to season (a player can only be in one coach's team) and you can include a few of the younger draft players in your squad in the hope that they will become superstars in a year or two. The category scoring is I think unique to Ultimate Footy and is based on team performance rather than individual player possession gathering, as Zim^zum has advised. You are allowed to be in up to 4 leagues at a time free.
I think you'll enjoy it, I know I do.:)

All coaching positions have now been filled and the 4 new coaches have been randomly allocated the teams from non-returning coaches. Enormohead has hit the jackpot by taking over last years premier (so we'll be all aiming for you!), Cittagazze Martens has got last years 3rd placed team, Westside Wranglers has got the 6th placed team while Nish's team takes over the 7th placed one from last year. So all have done pretty well.

You should now be able to see your team and nominate your keepers (the players you wish to retain on your list) by going to Draft / Nominate Keepers. You need to nominate a maximum of 35 keepers out of your squad of 40 (less is ok) keeping at least 5 draft selections. PLEASE NOMINATE YOUR KEEPERS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and certainly no later than 28 February, to enable me to confirm keepers for all, process trades (we have 1 so far detailed in our Bigfooty Thread) https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ultimate-footy-keeper-dynasty-league.1237433/ and finalise draft order. Note that draft will be conducted as in AFL, in that we will all take turns and those that have less confirmed keepers (more draft picks that the minimum 5) will have their extra picks after we've all had our five, so it pays to retain close to 35 provided of course that they have not retired or been delisted!
Nominal Trade Order for this year (in reverse ladder order) will be:
1. Lyns Lions
2. Dodds Devils
3.BOG BRWB
4. Deadly Dunkleys (though this pick will be traded to BOGBRWB)
5. Lolern Bulldogs
6. Hish's Team
7. Westside Wranglers
8.Northcote Turtles
9. Beenleigh Lions
10 Cittagazze Martens
11. Northern Dogs
12. Enormohead.

Good Luck to all, any questions please ask and please remember to Confirm your keepers as soon as possible (all new coaches and also a couple of returning coaches.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back