MMA-UFC UFC 258

Remove this Banner Ad

main event is actually fascinating tbf

Each to their own but I can't see how.
Usman has only ended a fight twice in the last 12 without it going to decision and only one of those finished before the final round.

It's gonna be a clinching grind and bore fest that Usman probably wins 48-47 on a split decision.

I watch shitloads of fights across shitloads of promotions. To say 258 is underwhelming is an understatement

259 is a ripper. 2 great title fights, Santos/Rakic, Cruz/Kenney, KKF/Bontorin, Dober/Islam, Matthews, Benavidez etc. Hopefully no injuries or covid for anyone on that one

I will probably try to get a hold of my grandparents honeymoon sex tape.

Will be 5 times more exciting than watching Snoozeman

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Really looking forward to Hernandez V Vieira

Seeing if Kelvin still has it as well

Burns V Usman is super interesting, Burns is a pretty well rounded fighter. Usman is a monster but Burns is a fantastic BJJ and his hands are getting pretty scary lately

Im keen on this card. Just because it doesnt have "Names" doesnt mean it's a snoozefest

Maybe I've bought the UFC / ESPN koolaid but I am looking forward to this card.

Top three fights all have something to offer.

Yes, even the womens match.

maxresdefault.jpg

Barber had a good run before the knee injury and decision loss.

Can she come back from that and kickstart her career?

Close to an even money match according to the markets.

Gastelum's recent form is questionable.

His nutritionist claims that he has been very disciplined this camp, but of course he would say that.

In the weigh-in he looked in pretty ordinary condition compared to Heinisch imho.

And in the main event, it is wrestler vs BJJ champ, but might end up as a boxing match.

Styles make fights, this could be quite a fight.

Plus the whole former training partner thing, Kumaru now with Trevor Wittman, what a sideplot.

The rest of the card I don't know much about tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway who's here for the prelims?

3am here in Bulgaria, I promised myself I would go to bed at a decent time and download the fights in the morning, but...

...let's be real, I'll probably stay up all night until the sun comes up.

I'm on Gutierrez for this one.

3 mins into first round

'both these guys dealing with custody issues, neither allowed to see their kids, [ewell ?] doesn't even know where his son is'

-Jon Anik

I love Anik as a commentator, and even though I'd normally not like this kind of comment, it wasn't as cringey as you might think.

I think Anik truly does take interest in these guys not just as fighters but as men.

Anyway who's here for the prelims?

3am here in Bulgaria, I promised myself I would go to bed at a decent time and download the fights in the morning, but...

...let's be real, I'll probably stay up all night until the sun comes up.

I'm on Gutierrez for this one.
What you doing in Bulgaria? Work? Family?

Maybe I've bought the UFC / ESPN koolaid but I am looking forward to this card.

Top three fights all have something to offer.

Yes, even the womens match.

maxresdefault.jpg

Barber had a good run before the knee injury and decision loss.

Can she come back from that and kickstart her career?

Close to an even money match according to the markets.

Gastelum's recent form is questionable.

His nutritionist claims that he has been very disciplined this camp, but of course he would say that.

In the weigh-in he looked in pretty ordinary condition compared to Heinisch imho.

And in the main event, it is wrestler vs BJJ champ, but might end up as a boxing match.

Styles make fights, this could be quite a fight.

Plus the whole former training partner thing, Kumaru now with Trevor Wittman, what a sideplot.

The rest of the card I don't know much about tbh.

Have to say favorite cards have usually been ones that have been relentlessly bagged then turned out to be really entraining ones with big finishes.
3 mins into first round

'both these guys dealing with custody issues, neither allowed to see their kids, [ewell ?] doesn't even know where his son is'

-Jon Anik

I love Anik as a commentator, and even though I'd normally not like this kind of comment, it wasn't as cringey as you might think.

I think Anik truly does take interest in these guys not just as fighters but as men.

Whatever is interesting in these fighters, no issue with it being mentioned in the telecast, even with cuts, still a large roster where fighters can get lost in the mix.

It's not wanky BT like bullshit, it's to help the viewers connect with the fighters.

Whatever is interesting in these fighters, no issue with it being mentioned in the telecast, even with cuts, still a large roster where fighters can get lost in the mix.

It's not wanky BT like bullshit, it's to help the viewers connect with the fighters.
I'm all for it before and after, but within those 15-25 minutes I'm not sure it's needed.

Dwayne Russell and Hamish do it during the footy, often going on long-winded ramblings about a player's cousin's wife, and it drives me nuts.

What you doing in Bulgaria? Work? Family?
I'm one of those 'digital nomads' who make money on the internet and travel from place to place.

Except I got stuck in Malaysia in March last year, landed a few days before lockdown.

December last year I decided to get out, used my Euro passport to head to Europe.

Bulgaria's cost of living is super low, so figured I'd come here first.

So far, so good. Way cooler and more developed than I expected.

But the timezone is terrible for UFC cards. Currently 3.35 am.

I wish I were smart enough to go to bed now and wake up and download the main card.

But I'll just keep drinking $1 beers from the servo and stay up til dawn, I know it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back