The Official Bigfooty Week 8 Thread (Dončić vs Bagley)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Nets are not winning this year. Next year maybe, if they find anyone who is prepared to defend anyone for longer than a possession.

“Of course, we’re more than confident that it will be difficult for a team to beat us four times in a best-of-7 series so I’m excited about it,” Harden told ESPN’s Rachel Nichols in an interview broadcast Friday. “And it’s only been a month, so all of us are trying to get to one goal and that’s the NBA championship.”.

Plus they have a couple more months to trade or look at buyouts

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
“Of course, we’re more than confident that it will be difficult for a team to beat us four times in a best-of-7 series so I’m excited about it,” Harden told ESPN’s Rachel Nichols in an interview broadcast Friday. “And it’s only been a month, so all of us are trying to get to one goal and that’s the NBA championship.”.

Plus they have a couple more months to trade or look at buyouts
What else is he going to say? I’d prefer to place confidence in the myriad of analysts who KNOW and HAVE SEEN evidence that Nets can’t defend anyone.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

"Rob Parker: “I think the dynasty was over already when Kevin Durant left… I never believed that they were just gonna go pick up where they left off. I know a lot of people thought they’d be right back and they’d be challengers but I never believed that. I remember that team as choking down a 3-1 lead. That’s the DNA of those guys without Kevin Durant. THIS was the team who choked down a 3-1 lead that set the record for the most wins in the regular season that hadn’t lost more than two games in a row all year, lost three games in a row in the Finals, two at home, and lost a Game 7 at home for all the marbles. They weren’t winning again, Kevin Durant made that team unbelievable. They were 8-1 in the NBA Finals with Kevin Durant. Once he walked, their window had already closed. This just nailed it shut… I don’t know how anybody could look at this team now and think they’re going to be competing for anything in the next five years.”
Rob Parker explains why he doesn’t think the Klay Thompson torn achilles officially ended the Golden State dynasty, as Rob says their dynasty started and ended with Kevin Durant’s arrival and exodus, saying Steph Curry, Draymond Green, and Klay’s 3-1 choke job to LeBron James' Cavaliers in the 2016 NBA Finals forever embodied what the DNA of that team was without KD.
Rob details why Steph and Klay can thank Durant for two of their rings, and the injuries to Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love for the other.
Durant averaged 35.2/8.2/5.4 on 70 percent true shooting, and hit a dagger over Lebron in the 2017 Finals. Durant averaged 28.8/10.8/7.5 on 65.4 % true shooting in the 2018 Finals and hit the dagger in that series as well. "

---

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow

"Rob Parker: “I think the dynasty was over already when Kevin Durant left… I never believed that they were just gonna go pick up where they left off. I know a lot of people thought they’d be right back and they’d be challengers but I never believed that. I remember that team as choking down a 3-1 lead. That’s the DNA of those guys without Kevin Durant. THIS was the team who choked down a 3-1 lead that set the record for the most wins in the regular season that hadn’t lost more than two games in a row all year, lost three games in a row in the Finals, two at home, and lost a Game 7 at home for all the marbles. They weren’t winning again, Kevin Durant made that team unbelievable. They were 8-1 in the NBA Finals with Kevin Durant. Once he walked, their window had already closed. This just nailed it shut… I don’t know how anybody could look at this team now and think they’re going to be competing for anything in the next five years.”
Rob Parker explains why he doesn’t think the Klay Thompson torn achilles officially ended the Golden State dynasty, as Rob says their dynasty started and ended with Kevin Durant’s arrival and exodus, saying Steph Curry, Draymond Green, and Klay’s 3-1 choke job to LeBron James' Cavaliers in the 2016 NBA Finals forever embodied what the DNA of that team was without KD.
Rob details why Steph and Klay can thank Durant for two of their rings, and the injuries to Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love for the other.
Durant averaged 35.2/8.2/5.4 on 70 percent true shooting, and hit a dagger over Lebron in the 2017 Finals. Durant averaged 28.8/10.8/7.5 on 65.4 % true shooting in the 2018 Finals and hit the dagger in that series as well. "

---
What does all this ancient history have to do with the Nets?
Do you remember the 3 point choke job by Harden against the Warriors given we are parading down memory lane. I’ll back Lakers #1 defence against Nets not #1 offence.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
What does all this ancient history have to do with the Nets?
Do you remember the 3 point choke job by Harden against the Warriors given we are parading down memory lane. I’ll back Lakers #1 defence against Nets not #1 offence.

Just thought it was interesting read somewhat.

Nets hardly dropped a game v the good teams (1 L , iirc). But gone to sleep v the bad ones

The big 3 have barely trained together and only played a few games. I'd give them more time before writing them off.

Almost faultless game today vs. a solid team

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Just thought it was interesting read somewhat.

Nets hardly dropped a game v the good teams (1 L , iirc). But gone to sleep v the bad ones

The big 3 have barely trained together and only played a few games. I'd give them more time before writing them off
That’s why they won’t win it all. Lack of chemistry. You can’t just throw a team together and start firing shots up. As I have demonstrated to you time and again, elite level defence wins championships, even in the age of the 3 point gunslingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back