AFL Club
St Kilda

Awesome mate, cheers!

12Chill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Paton and Coff doing a Q&A on Facebook, had a laugh at this...

0A4E29DD-4CEF-445D-9A54-4193028332E0.jpeg

The gift that just keeps on giving

Hey SA 'journo' nuffie. We see the dribble you've been saying about us on Twitter. We've been notified. Stop insulting us to boost your Twitter followers and actually earn it through hard work like we have. But clearly you need to talk about us to stay RELEVANT.
We won't be mentioning your name to further boost your followers, earn it yourself like actually doing an article that is worth the 'subscription'.

I didn’t listen but it sounds like Fev is supporting the Saints again? Supposedly he dropped Carlton I dunno why. Love Fev so hopefully it’s not just a media stunt.

Just need to get Dusty back in Saints colours and Sammy Mitchell on the coaching staff.

puppy_dog7

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
The gift that just keeps on giving

Hey SA 'journo' nuffie. We see the dribble you've been saying about us on Twitter. We've been notified. Stop insulting us to boost your Twitter followers and actually earn it through hard work like we have. But clearly you need to talk about us to stay RELEVANT.
We won't be mentioning your name to further boost your followers, earn it yourself like actually doing an article that is worth the 'subscription'.
Surely it’s not that Rowey knob from Fiveaa again is it?

I didn’t listen but it sounds like Fev is supporting the Saints again? Supposedly he dropped Carlton I dunno why. Love Fev so hopefully it’s not just a media stunt.

I wonder why?

Mar 2, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda

When doesn't Kane Cornes have concerns what an absolute flog

Mar 14, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds united, Chicago Bulls
I think it's a fair enough question. Has the club come out and explained why this was necessary? I have heard we have but haven't heard a reason.
It is league wide but every club has a choice as to how it is conducted.

Examples it could be done over seasons or as we have done.

Most importantly the players were the ones who made the choices from all scenarios.

Our choice means our salary cap will be unaffected as at the conclusion of this season, which means business a usual.

Mar 2, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think it's a fair enough question. Has the club come out and explained why this was necessary? I have heard we have but haven't heard a reason.

Well doesnt look like we are along here its just us and West Coast have gone with the 7% i would say this is the reason:

The AFL last year dropped the salary cap by nine per cent to $13.17 million per club after the COVID-19 impact on the game but, with list reductions, the average player salary dropped by just 3.5 per cent.

However it was left for clubs to set how they worked through the new pay model, with some back-ending key players' deals to get under the revised cap this year, while others have pushed for across the board hits to ensure the financial damage is sorted within a single season.

I think it speaks wonders to the culture of the club to get this deal across the line saves us back ending deals and doing a Collingwood

Struggling to follow Cones' logic. He's claiming these cuts will create a Collingwood situation but a cut like this is to avoid a Collingwood. We don't know what's going to happen with the cap, the players are on substantial enough salaries that a cut like this shouldn't impact on them significantly and this money can be redirected within the club to retaining other personnel and initiatives.

It's probably for the same reason we cut so deep during delisting last year and aren't running with a full list. We have limited resources and we're being prudent. Only Conehead could take the players doing something selfless like this and spin it as a negative.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
FORMER HAWK LAYS DOWN THE LAW TO SAINTS

Newly re-signed St Kilda backman Callum Wilkie says players will have to fight their natural instincts on the mark to prevent conceding soft 50m penalties and easy goals early this season.

Callum Wilkie said Frawley, who was part of Hawthorn’s 2015 premiership side, has made an instant impact at Moorabbin dishing out some blunt feedback at training at his third club.

“He has been massive for us with his experience,” Wilkie said.

“He just says it how it is. There’s no bullsh--, and that is what you love as a defender I think.

“’Chip’ is hard on the players and we need that down there so he is going to be awesome for us.”

Wilkie said the Saints wanted to become an ever tighter back line unit in 2021 and lauded mature-age recruit Tom Highmore for his impressive summer campaign.

Highmore, 22, could press for selection early in the season after showcasing his stellar intercept marking at training in recent months.

“It (defence) is an area we have pinpointed we need to improve on from last year,” Wilkie said.

“But we have brought in ‘Chip” and Tom Highmore as well is tracking really well, he is a really courageous player.

“So there is a lot of competition for spots and it puts probably all of us on notice in defence and that is what we need.”

Back