Point and Click Games

Remove this Banner Ad

So I reviewed one of the best and certainly more unique adventure games I've played over the past few years. It's called BROK the InvestiGator and it's a point and click, beat em up detective game with a 90s cartoon aesthetic.

Nice, I hear it's going great guns on Steam

how have I never seen this?

my limited understanding is that some of the reasons behind it dropping out of sight are due to some issues revolving around its hefty ip, and unlike some of the other games in this thread, it was unable live on through being put on any sort of abandonware site or digital site despite being long out of print and no longer supported. that may have changed.
story is too that the source code has gone as well, making a remaster tricky.

as i look it's been released on steam in the last few months to mixed reviews.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but this one looks phenomenal

Monkey Island meets Broken Sword

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bladerunner was good as a kid

A sensational game, the environment really took you to another world, just like the movie.

As far as I know, the source code was lost and they've spent years reverse engineering it. Finally re-released not long ago. But get the standard Blade Runner, not the "remastered".

Played through Procession to Calvary a while back, laughed as hard as I've ever laughed at a game multiple times, definitely recommended, especially given that it's on Gamepass.

Foolish Mortals has a Kickstarter now. Go go go!

Been enjoying a number of these lately. One that hasn't been mentioned is the Blackwell series. Very good and highly recommended. Unavowed from the same developers is pretty good as well.

Another of my favourites is Chicken Police if it counts. Fantastic noir/crime game.

Recently bought Technobabylon, Whispers of a Machine and Shardlight. So will give them a go at some point.

I like adventure games / point and click, but we are Apple only these days and the lack of a PC limits the options I think.

I played Firewatch a year or so ago and I thought it was pretty good:

Played Shardlight and Primordia recently. Shardlight was really good, enjoyed it. Although, all Wadjet Eye games are great.

Primordia was ok I guess. Puzzles were a bit on the harder side for me, haha. One right towards the end was a doozy,I have a hard time believing anyone could've figure it out, honestly. There's even a character in the game that solves the puzzle for you if you retrieve an item for him. Says it all, lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back