2021 Australian Summer of Tennis*

How will the Aussie Open look

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

sinner v khachanov match has being brilliant, lots of swings and roundabouts and almost 3 hours, looks like will go down to final set tie break

I hate this thread.

But the Adelaide International, the week after the Aus Open, must be in a little bit of doubt with SA saying they are closing the border to Melbourne.

It will be played in Melbourne - This is what happens when you employ a quarantine system, instead of a bubble, especially when State leaders close borders at the drop of a hat.

It will be played in Melbourne - This is what happens when you employ a quarantine system, instead of a bubble, especially when State leaders close borders at the drop of a hat.

It is looking that way but you will be surprised the exemptions our State Government make when it suits them. Also this State Government loves Tennis helped by Steve Baldas who is one of main Government advisors. I agree though playing it in Melbourne is the most likely outcome.

If it is not in Adelaide, it should be in Sydney.

NSW dont care. If I was tennis Aus, I would be asking South Australia for an exemption now and move if it fails to happen.

The Premier has said he still expects it to go ahead. As I said the SA Government and Tennis Australia have a good relationship so I think they will find a way unless there is a mass outbreak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are the players still getting tested throughout the tournament or not since they finished quarantine?

Apparently 500 or 600 of the tennis cohort were tested last week after the case at the Hilton Hotel and I believe they were again after the announcement of the lockdown - If the Oz Open was played in a bubble like every other tennis tournament, then players are tested every 2nd or 3rd day - I an unsure of the protocols once players left quarantine.

Apparently 500 or 600 of the tennis cohort were tested last week after the case at the Hilton Hotel and I believe they were again after the announcement of the lockdown - If the Oz Open was played in a bubble like every other tennis tournament, then players are tested every 2nd or 3rd day - I an unsure of the protocols once players left quarantine.

Thanks, so we'd know if there were cases linked to the bloke who's tested positive after leaving the country?

It is surprising they don't do tests after each match just to be sure

Does anyone have any news about the women's 250 tournament which started today.
its happening. Qualies were done today plus some round 1's.

Highest seeds are Kenin and Andreescu. Called the Phillip Island Trophy

Most interesting result I saw was 18 year old Gadecki Olivia(would barely have a rank) beating Destanee Aiava. Destanee was the girl who lost to Stosur.....

Thanks, so we'd know if there were cases linked to the bloke who's tested positive after leaving the country?

The player who tested positive didn’t even play the Australian Open. So you would think he wasn’t around in the last week around the complex. Not to say he didn’t have contact with some players outside.

He has also said that a nurse told him he most likely caught it on the plane or on a stopover in Doha before SA. But that’s just conjecture.

Well if Australia followed the model used by the rest of the world and used a bubble, then players would be regularly tested, but because Australia used a quarantine system, players are free after 14 days - In saying that the ITF has protocols ( like AFL/NRL ) which are stricter than prevailing standards.

its happening. Qualies were done today plus some round 1's.

Highest seeds are Kenin and Andreescu. Called the Phillip Island Trophy

Most interesting result I saw was 18 year old Gadecki Olivia(would barely have a rank) beating Destanee Aiava. Destanee was the girl who lost to Stosur.....

Destanee Aiva is a very average player - Anyway, Gadecki has upset Kenin today which will improve her ranking.

Destanee Aiva is a very average player - Anyway, Gadecki has upset Kenin today which will improve her ranking.
talk about a career-making week. for her level, these are huge amount of points and prize money. And more rewards will come her way in the form of WC and such.

Destanee was meant to be the big player in her age group. Has not progressed at all and perhaps has gone down a level. could find herself bypassed soon.

Player acceptance list. One in the top 10, who is a chance to withdraw as she is still in the seagull trophy. Not great. Suprised Barty and Halep are not playing it.

Rank First nameLast nameNationality
8BiancaAndreescuCAN
12BelindaBencicSUI
14JohannaKontaGBR
17IgaSwiatekPOL
18PetraMarticCRO
19ElenaRybakinaKAZ
20EliseMertensBEL
24JenniferBradyUSA
28YuliaPutintsevaKAZ
32DonnaVekicCRO
34QiangWangCHN