Gym & Misc General Health and Fitness Thread

Hi guys,
I’m going into a development program at Carlton and I have to undergo a screening. Does anyone know what takes place in a screening?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Loving my new Kayanos I bought aaaages ago at DFO at 50% off.

All black- except for white around the edge of the soles.

Perfect imo, dont like all black runners.
I thought nearly all runners have white soles.

Sports stuff I always go for heaps of colour, except for runners, look for black every time.

I always try to buy stuff on sale in advance I know I'll need at some stage even if it's 6+ months away.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hi guys,
I’m going into a development program at Carlton and I have to undergo a screening. Does anyone know what takes place in a screening?

I did the state screening camp many many moons ago.

Mine was basically a mini draft camp. Beep, vertical, 20m sprint, agility.

There is also a full medical and interview.

I would assume it’s all similar, best of luck! Let us know how it goes.

I did the state screening camp many many moons ago.

Mine was basically a mini draft camp. Beep, vertical, 20m sprint, agility.

There is also a full medical and interview.

I would assume it’s all similar, best of luck! Let us know how it goes.

Thanks so much!! Ugh not good at the beep best rip

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I believe they’ve replaced the beep test with the yo-yo test now.
Used to do a beep and 3km, both cardio tests, yo yo replaced the beep for a lactate test I believe (someone more sports sciency probably knows better).

Never done a yo yo but I’ve been told they are worse.

I had a ripping beep back in the day... oh how it goes quick hahaha

Used to do a beep and 3km, both cardio tests, yo yo replaced the beep for a lactate test I believe (someone more sports sciency probably knows better).

Never done a yo yo but I’ve been told they are worse.

Level? The back in the day level?

I think I still have PTSD flashbacks every time I hear that beep test recording

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just had some ice cream
I actually don’t really like ice cream but I actually had some tonight too... weird.

8 week training block of 6 days a week with two monster sessions finished up yesterday. Took the day off today, think I wanted it mentally but needed it physically, really feeling 8 straight weeks of niggles and aches.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
/or is that bad
Ahhhh, good question. I was suprised. I assumed id probably lose weight with the volume and intensity of training ive been doing but its been a real mix of stuff with alot of heavy lifting. I feel leaner and can see size across my chest and shoulders has increased (which was always a struggle).

I dont put much value in pure weight as a metric so im not really fussed either way. I just thought it was interesting. Most who know me would never ever pick i was north of 90kgs.

Ahhhh, good question. I was suprised. I assumed id probably lose weight with the volume and intensity of training ive been doing but its been a real mix of stuff with alot of heavy lifting. I feel leaner and can see size across my chest and shoulders has increased (which was always a struggle).

I dont put much value in pure weight as a metric so im not really fussed either way. I just thought it was interesting. Most who know me would never ever pick i was north of 90kgs.

I guess measurements are the only real way to go by...

Lol its funny that isnt it.. a guy puts on weight, its usually a good thing. Woman... opposite.

Back