Opinion Canterbury and our guernsey

disco_cowboy

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
any word when and if we will know if we have a football sponsor? I get a wellness allowance from work and was gonna use part of it buying a new sherrin and you can't buy a North one. I've heard it's because we never got a ball sponsor last year. Anyone know how I could find out if it will happen this year?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
:thumbsu:

1611613889094.png

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know I'm in a very, very small minority here, but I'm somewhat disappointed by this. Aesthetically, I prefer the darker jumper with the blue shorts and I really don't like the white jumper with the white shorts. But as long as they get rid of the pinstriped on whatever base colour the jumper is then I won't be too upset.

It's still got me bamboozled why we couldn't stick with the original blue stripes on white with the white stripes on blue as "away" jumper. It was simple and even when the AFL pulled it's gestapo nonsense from it's arse by making us wear the "away" jumper at home games against certain clubs I could live with it. That pinstripe style monstrosity is still IMO the likely cause of COVID-19 and I'm glad I never had to watch a game live with us wearing it.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
it's the most obvious thing in the world, widen the stripes so there's more blue on the jumper. when they're thin and only on the front and back, it makes the jumper look all white.

I suspect I'm out on my own with this but if your wider stripes plan still doesn't cut the mustard with AFL HQ, I'd compromise on the number panel - make it a white number on a blue panel just like your avatar.

Apr 12, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtic FC, Milwaukee Bucks
Really happy at that. I really like the all blue kit but it should be strictly our away.

Add more blue stripes or widen them to the all white and we are golden! Really hope we get a good manufacturer

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I suspect I'm out on my own with this but if your wider stripes plan still doesn't cut the mustard with AFL HQ, I'd compromise on the number panel - make it a white number on a blue panel just like your avatar.

like this? i'm not so into it personally. doubt it'd change much and i love the black numbers.
NorthPumaBluePanel@4x.png

It’s annoying that we have to put up with that crappy jumper for another season FFS

Tell me about it, I received a voucher from powershop early last year for a free North jumper, didn't like the jumper but lucky the voucher was valid until May 2021, I thought I will just hang onto this and use it on next years... :(

Apr 20, 2001
Limerick Hotel
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Tell me about it, I received a voucher from powershop early last year for a free North jumper, didn't like the jumper but lucky the voucher was valid until May 2021, I thought I will just hang onto this and use it on next years... :(
I am in exactly the same position. But because the voucher is only valid until May this year it looks like it will have to be the pin stripe model.

Back