News 2021 pre season training

ChappyUK

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Podcaster Pokemon is Life Pantskyle
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR.
If this is the only remaining news to come out of this preseason, I'll be satisfied. With H. going out and Smith coming in, it's well and truly time for Blitz to return to the backline and finally secure that premiership medal (and AA guernsey) he's been after.

We have enough coverage now. Hands off the magnets Scotty. Blitz back, Danger in the guts. Only one I'm happy to watch wander is Sel.

Guthrie looks to have toned up

Ratugolea & Jenkins going at it in the ruck

Miers a favourite of the camera

Cam Guthrie? Always looks to have the perfect build for a mid from where we sit.

Cam Guthrie? Always looks to have the perfect build for a mid from where we sit.
Maybe it's the red, but thought he looked a bit trimmer

He's best position has always seemed to be as a midfielder, but the last few years he's only ave 70% to 73% time in ground - wondering if maybe he's been working on his endurance, and being able to spend longer out on the field with toning up/trimming down being part of that

Maybe it's the red, but thought he looked a bit trimmer

He's best position has always seemed to be as a midfielder, but the last few years he's only ave 70% to 73% time in ground - wondering if maybe he's been working on his endurance, and being able to spend longer out on the field with toning up/trimming down being part of that
187 cm, and 86 kg 2020. Wonder what he is now.
That recurrent calf may have been a management issue leading to reduced tog.

Isaac Norm Smith

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Dangerfield, Cameron, Duncan, stewart.... all rehab group.

not the caliber of players you want having reduced pre seasons.

how long have each been injured for??

Never an ideal time for gun players to get injuries. But I'd rather these boys get them out the way now. Much better than getting them mid to late season. These guys are experienced professionals, and the modern fitness and conditioning programs will see the guys build fitness as they go.

Cameron has had a only a vey minor setback, and Duncan and Danger might just take a bit longer to fully hit their straps. We just need to bank early wins and allow these guys to build their fitness in the early rounds.

So many gun players don't get full pre-seasons these days, but with the modern programs, it doesn't seem to impact players anywhere near what it used to.

I don't think it's a major concern, they will get tailored programs to gradually build them up with a view to peaking towards the back end of the season.

Isaac Norm Smith

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong

So excited to see what these guys can bring to our club. Even though Higgins and Smith are in the twilight of their careers, I'm expecting big things from them in the next year or two. Both of those guys were targeted to address some areas of concern, and both have the experience and class to really add to the side in a year where we will absolutely be there abouts IMO. Smart recruitment getting Smith for free and Higgins for a pick in the 30's in an unknown draft.

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Never an ideal time for gun players to get injuries. But I'd rather these boys get them out the way now. Much better than getting them mid to late season. These guys are experienced professionals, and the modern fitness and conditioning programs will see the guys build fitness as they go.

Cameron has had a only a vey minor setback, and Duncan and Danger might just take a bit longer to fully hit their straps. We just need to bank early wins and allow these guys to build their fitness in the early rounds.

So many gun players don't get full pre-seasons these days, but with the modern programs, it doesn't seem to impact players anywhere near what it used to.

I don't think it's a major concern, they will get tailored programs to gradually build them up with a view to peaking towards the back end of the season.

how long have each been in rehab for?? Anything too prolonged??

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
Loved that little cameo at the end of Atkins breaking out of the backline - really like the idea of him down there nailing small forwards to the fence
Looked good at the first bounce too Miers to Higgins and a classy little give to Atkins hitting the ball with pace.Most likely came in off a wing.

Last edited:
Chris Scott on Channel 9 said he'll be looking to play Danger more through the midfield this season.

Danger in the guts, Blitz down back - seems he's finally realising to go the next step we need to have our best players playing in their best positions. Better late than never I guess.

Back